What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Door Within (The Door Within, #1)
This topic is about The Door Within
SOLVED: Children's/YA > A book about a boy who goes to an alternate/parallel world and fights in a war [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cathryn (last edited Jan 01, 2013 01:45AM) (new) - added it

Cathryn (catwill) | 4 comments All I can remember are vague details. I know there's a boy/young man who somehow goes to a parallel world where he's a prince or a warrior or something. While he's in this world, the version of him that was originally in the parallel world is now in the young man's world. The young man has to fight in a war. There are three or four books in the series, I believe. I remember thinking while I was reading it that there were some underlying religious themes in it. I also remember that the covers of the books were pretty much all one color. I think the first book is green or purple. The books are written for young adults, I believe. Oh, and I read it about five or so years ago. It's not terribly old... I don't think it's more than ten-ish years old.

message 2: by Andria (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2500 comments Mod
Maybe the Pendragon series by D.J. MacHale?

First one is The Merchant of Death

message 3: by Cathryn (new) - added it

Cathryn (catwill) | 4 comments That's not it. I've been wanting to read the Pendragon series, but I haven't ever gotten around to it. Thank you though. :)

message 4: by Cathryn (last edited Jan 01, 2013 09:46PM) (new) - added it

Cathryn (catwill) | 4 comments I think that this book is by a pretty obscure/not well-known author.
Oh, and another thing I remembered (though I'm not sure it will help) is that everyone in the boy's world has a version of them in the other world. I think.

message 5: by Cathryn (new) - added it

Cathryn (catwill) | 4 comments Well... never mind. I've found it myself. :) It's The Door Within by Wayne Thomas Batson.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Merchant of Death (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

D.J. MacHale (other topics)