Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

The Edge of Never (The Edge of Never, #1)
This topic is about The Edge of Never
BUDDY READS: ARCHIVED > Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski → Start Date: January 3, 2013

Comments Showing 1-50 of 95 (95 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Janna Marie (jannamarie) | 640 comments Gisbelle, Trisha, and I will be reading this. You're welcome to join us! :D

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Oh boy! I CANNOT wait :) I'm ready for some emotional books now :D

message 3: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 2 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments yay!!!!!! :) it's better to share emotional books with others ;)

Janna Marie (jannamarie) | 640 comments I KNOW!! Would be nice to share such an emotional book with you guys!

I get tired of telling my husband, poor man suffers through a lot of my bookish excitement. :D

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I believe so too Trisha. Nothing is better than reading a book you can cry with others.

message 6: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 2 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments I'm so excited for this one!

what are we thinking of reading tomorrow??

My version says it has 455 pages w/ 40 chapters.....

Gisbelle | 27299 comments let's do it about 10 chapters. I still have to read Anna 2 :) Gosh, there goes my New Year's resolution XD And it is only the 3rd day!

Janna Marie (jannamarie) | 640 comments Gisbelle wrote: "let's do it about 10 chapters. I still have to read Anna 2 :) Gosh, there goes my New Year's resolution XD And it is only the 3rd day!"

10 sounds good! :D

I couldn't limit myself if I wanted! I have too many ARCs to do! Plus, I love participating on challenges and buddy reads with you guys! Besides, the chaos is sort of fun!!

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I know that feeling :) I hope we survive XD

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I'm joining in!

Janna Marie (jannamarie) | 640 comments Vicki wrote: "I'm joining in!"

Yay!

Janna Marie (jannamarie) | 640 comments Gisbelle wrote: "I know that feeling :) I hope we survive XD"

We can do it!! Just knowing I'm not alone in the chaos makes me happy :D

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments What's the start date?

Gisbelle | 27299 comments January 3, 2013, Vic

Suzanne (suus106) I'd like to join as well!

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Great. You finished already, so we hope you join in the discussion :) I just started.

message 17: by Janna (last edited Jan 03, 2013 08:41AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Janna Marie (jannamarie) | 640 comments **WARNING: RANTING AHEAD WITH A BUNCH OF SPOILERS!**
Okay, just finished the first 10 chapters..

So far? I am in love with Andrew! Oh man, he is so freaking cute! I was kind of sad she was leaving on this crazy trip, because that meant Blake had no chance. But, boy did she UPGRADE with Andrew.

I was shocked with what Damon did, like really? 5 years with Natalie and that's how you act? Ugh!

Don't get me started on Natalie. How could she DO that? You don't just throw a friendship away like that. She didn't even bother to confront Damon.. Camryn was automatically a slut? What the hell.. Some friend.

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Thanks, Gis, I'm starting it today along with continuing Crescendo (Hush, Hush, #2) by Becca Fitzpatrick and Daire Meets Ever (Soul Seekers, #0.5) by Alyson Noel and also supposed to be doing a buddy read for Looking for Alaska by John Green . Such fun stuff, GOODREADS is!!!

message 19: by Trisha, lives on coffee (last edited Jan 03, 2013 02:08PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Janna wrote: "**WARNING: RANTING AHEAD WITH A BUNCH OF SPOILERS!**..."

Well, in Natalie's defense - that's Natalie, right??
she's not the deepest most profound "is my girlfriend worth more than my current screw buddy" kind of friend. I thought it was pretty silly that Cam expected more out of her friend.....

Not that I think Natalie is right in her reaction, I just think the author did a good job of setting that up - Natalie is SHALLOW!!! and always finds her worth with a man, not with a friend...if that makes sense.

I can't believe Damon hit Blake though!!! That was just crazy. I guess the author didn't set the scene well enough for me, but I just didn't smell danger all that much when she went to the roof...and I've been to lots and lots of clubs... Maybe I just didn't go dark places alone with strange men without telling my friends where I was going....I don't know

I wasn't a huge fan when I started this book. I didn't really start to like it until we hit Andrew's perspective. Now it's going better...but I don't know, I don't understand Cam...

andrew is a sweetie though -
although I'm concerned about his need to kill this guy on the bus. I'm glad he's hoping to protect Cam but holy crap, does he really want to go to jail again??

Gisbelle | 27299 comments in chapter 5. A bit busy cuz my stupid cat became a bad-a** and fought with a neighbor's cat. I had to take him to a vet.

message 21: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 2 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments oh no!!! is he okay???

Gisbelle | 27299 comments a lot of cuts, but he is ok now. He looks so bad-a** with all the cuts on his face lol...

message 23: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 2 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments lol poor cat. I mean, yeah, clearly he's a scrapper :) but being hurt is never fun :(

Okay, I stopped at chapter 14.
I'm off to a Girl Scout meeting but I'll be back on when we're done ;)

Janna Marie (jannamarie) | 640 comments Trisha wrote: "Janna wrote: "**WARNING: RANTING AHEAD WITH A BUNCH OF SPOILERS!**..."

Well, in Natalie's defense - that's Natalie, right??
she's not the deepest most profound "is my girlfriend worth more than my..."

Okay, yeah, I have to agree that Natalie is VERY shallow. Though, I was really hoping that she'd be a decent friend. Now I'm okay with it though, I mean, if she hadn't been so stupid, Cam wouldn't have met Andrew! Plus, if Natalie is going to act like that.. she DESERVES Damon.

I was a bit shocked by Damon's actions also! I mean, why would he be up there looking for Camryn? He didn't even bother to see that nothing was going on! Disgusting, jealous pig!!

The book did start off dull, but Andrew definitely brought the story to life a bit. Which is great, because I don't think I could take an entire book of the crazy Damon-Natalie-Cam thing. EH..

I found his need to hit the older creep concerning at first, though, I think it's kind of cute. Not that I want him going around beating people up and getting thrown in jail. The whole thing does make me want to trust him though, as his intentions seem honest.

Janna Marie (jannamarie) | 640 comments Gisbelle wrote: "a lot of cuts, but he is ok now. He looks so bad-a** with all the cuts on his face lol..."

I hope your cats okay, Gisbelle!!

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I might be a bit slower that you two. I want to finish The Raven Boys first.

I'm in chapter 7 now.

Gisbelle | 27299 comments About the cat, thanks both of you for your concern :)

Janna Marie (jannamarie) | 640 comments Gisbelle wrote: "I might be a bit slower that you two. I want to finish The Raven Boys first.

I'm in chapter 7 now."

No problem, just be careful about reading the thread! I don't want to ruin it for you!!! :D

Gisbelle | 27299 comments It is ok :) I haven't read previous comments yet :D So far, I love this book. A bit shocking when Damon dropped the bomb on Camryn. And I'm angry with Natalie for her reaction when Camryn told her about it :(

Janna Marie (jannamarie) | 640 comments Good! I'm hear that chat about it when you're ready! I agree on both points!! Honestly, those two idiots deserve each other! :/

Gisbelle | 27299 comments You are absolutely right.

message 32: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 2 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Janna wrote: "Good! I'm hear that chat about it when you're ready! I agree on both points!! Honestly, those two idiots deserve each other! :/"

LOL! Yes, yes they do! SUCH a good point ;p

that actually makes me feel better about how shallow Natalie is...lol

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I am going to resume now. Raven Boys can wait :)

Janna Marie (jannamarie) | 640 comments Trisha wrote: "Janna wrote: "Good! I'm hear that chat about it when you're ready! I agree on both points!! Honestly, those two idiots deserve each other! :/"

LOL! Yes, yes they do! SUCH a good point ;p

that act..."

AGREED!! Can't wait to read the next 10 chapters.. I'm dying to know what happens next!! LOL

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I'm loving this book so far, but like everyone else I'm upset with Cam's "best friend," Nat! Damon is a jerk! The second he decked Blake I knew he had feelings for Cam. But he was a jerk to attack her like he did.

When Cam shuts the whole world off & takes off to Idaho, I began to understand how easy it would be to isolate oneself off from others & begin to develop mental issues. I feel for Cam!

Gisbelle | 27299 comments i so agree with you Vic.

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) May I join? :) I'm currently reading it. :)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments YESSSSSS!!!!! I am still in chapter 9 lol...

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) I'm still in chapter one. I'll just catch up.. so far, I find it fascinating :) is this a tear jerker book?

Janna Marie (jannamarie) | 640 comments So far, no it's not.

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) Oh I see. Thanks for the info :)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I haven't cried yet either, but again, I am still in chapter 9. I am listening to The Raven Boys Now. Once I finish this one, I can move faster :D

I love the book so far too, Beatrice :)

Janna Marie (jannamarie) | 640 comments No problem Beatrice!

I can't wait for you guys to catch up so we can chat!!!! :D

Alice Halbert | 2 comments I loved this book SO much! But it broke my heart, but I beautiful story, start to finish

message 45: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 2 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments wow, I'm at just past Ch 20.

Um, this book took a big turn... how am I always surprised when these scenes are in a book... I guess this is a New adult book or whatever it's called.

where is everyone else?

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Sorry, but I am only in chapter 8. I do like how the author showed us Andrew's point of view. It gives us a different way of looking at him once we see the motives he has for doing the things he has done (sitting next to her, etc.). It gives me a whole different perspective.

But I did read what Trisha just wrote, so now I am wondering what the heck is going to happen. LOL

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I am in chapter 14.

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Janna wrote: "**WARNING: RANTING AHEAD WITH A BUNCH OF SPOILERS!**
Okay, just finished the first 10 chapters..

So far? I am in love with Andrew! Oh man, he is so freaking cute! I was kind of sad she was leaving..."

haha... You are so right. I thought Blake was going to be "the one" at first. But ANDREW! I am so in love with him :)

Janna Marie (jannamarie) | 640 comments Trisha, I'm just past 20 now as well! I was a bit shocked at the turn of events also. Not bad though!

Gisbelle, yeah right? I was thinking the same thing, Blake being the guy.. But Andrews awesome. I'll take it!!!

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I love Andrew event more after (view spoiler)

« previous 1