Fantasy Book Club Series discussion

Crossroads of Twilight (The Wheel of Time, #10)
This topic is about Crossroads of Twilight
The Wheel of Time > CROSSROADS of TWILIGHT - Planning to Read? First Impressions? **NO SPOILERS**

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jon (new) - added it

Jon (jonmoss) | 706 comments Tomorrow, we start a new year, 2013, with Crossroads of Twilight, the tenth book in the Wheel of Time series.

I plan to read this book by listening to it. And, I give you fair warning now, that in less than ten days, I will take a few days break from the 10th book so I can read, uninterrupted, the final book, A Memory of Light, to be released on January 8th, 2013.

No spoilers please in this thread.

Thanks, Jon

Alex | 104 comments Got most of the way through the prologue already. I know this is the one everybody hates but hopefully it won't be too bad.

message 3: by Jon (new) - added it

Jon (jonmoss) | 706 comments Alex wrote: "Got most of the way through the prologue already. I know this is the one everybody hates but hopefully it won't be too bad."

I can't remember much of this one. I believe I only read it once (when it was released) so my memory is opaque. I'm also switching it up this month and listening to the audiobook instead. I hope that two narrators can keep me focused and interested.

Happy New Year!

message 4: by Kathi, There’s no such thing as too many books! (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kathi | 842 comments Mod
I was caught up but now am behind again. Hope to start this before the end of the month...

Heidi | 71 comments I'm starting this one today!

Nicole | 1 comments Everybody seems to hate this book for a number of reasons, mainly how slow it moves. But one of the things I love about Jordan's books is the character development, and the detail. So even if it is slow, I'll still love it.

message 7: by Kathi, There’s no such thing as too many books! (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kathi | 842 comments Mod
Nicole wrote: "Everybody seems to hate this book for a number of reasons, mainly how slow it moves. But one of the things I love about Jordan's books is the character development, and the detail. So even if it is..."

But sometimes, although there is a lot of detail, there is not much character development. Or maybe I should say it's very slow and gradual.

Helen I don't want to brag but I'm catching up! I'm surprised to read that this allows down again as I didn't feel it had. Think I'm about a third through now.