Start by marking “A Memory of Light (The Wheel of Time, #14)” as Want to Read:
A Memory of Light (The Wheel of Time, #14)

A Memory of Light

(The Wheel of Time #14)

4.50  ·  Rating details ·  114,224 ratings  ·  6,259 reviews
The Wheel of Time turns and Ages come and go, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth returns again. In the Third Age, an Age of Prophecy, the World and Time themselves hang in the balance. What was, what will be, and what is, may yet fall under the Shadow.

When Robert Jordan died in 2007, al
Published January 8th 2013 by Tor Books

To ask other readers questions about A Memory of Light, please sign up.
Nathan Malkowski This book hits hard and fast. I believe it's the ending this series deserved. I do not think it is the best fantasy book ever written, but in my mind …moreThis book hits hard and fast. I believe it's the ending this series deserved. I do not think it is the best fantasy book ever written, but in my mind the best in the series.(less)
Prakhar Saxena Yes, definitely.
And not only you have to read the books in order but you may have to go back and read earlier books to get complete understanding
…more
Yes, definitely.
(less)

·  114,224 ratings  ·  6,259 reviews

Start your review of A Memory of Light (The Wheel of Time, #14)
Eric Allen
Aug 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A Memory of Light
Book 14 of the Wheel of Time
By Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson

A Review by Eric Allen

"The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. In one Age, called the Third Age by some, an Age yet to come, an Age long past, a wind rose in the Mountains of Mist. The wind was not the beginning. There are neither beginnings nor endings to the turning of
Robin (Bridge Four)
Well here we are and it is finally over. It has been so long and yet not long enough.

description

₪₪₪My Wheel of time journey lasted:₪₪₪

14 months - with my great friends at BB&B
There were 11308 pages
Over 4 Million Words
A staggering 19 days, 5 hours and 25 minutes of amazing audio
With 147 Unique PoVs and 1379 total PoVs
And a staggering cast of over 2200 characters

The world building is immense and I’m not sure anyone does that better than Robert Jordan did. Although I believe that Sanderson might give him a
Omar
Jan 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I started reading this series when I was 11.

Today, at 23, I managed to get a copy off my friend a day early. I got it just after work, and I've had a few hours to myself. It's midnight, and I haven't stopped reading. I'm sure I'll have to blog about the immensity of this series, and what it's meant to me, once I'm done, but for now, I just wanted to give a quick, spoiler-free update: this book is essentially a 900 page battle sequence involving dozens of characters, and spanning an entire world.
Em Lost In Books
Utterly exhausted, emotionally drained and cried rivers by the time I read the last page. Loved it and will definitely reread it.
seak
Feb 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2021
Holy cow, I finished! Only took me 15 years!
Eon ♒Windrunner♒
The final Wheel of Time book is a superb ending to a series that, without a doubt, is one of the greatest written accomplishments in the genre. While the series is not without some issues, Robert Jordan with some help from Brandon Sanderson has cemented his legacy with this epic that will endure through the ages and has given me endless hours of reading enjoyment and will do so again in the future. Thank you, Mr Jordan.

The wind rose high and free, to soar in an open sky with no clouds. It passed
Gavin
Feb 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
It is difficult to know what to say about this final Wheel of Time book. It really was one of the very best instalments of the whole series. The story was exciting and engaging from start to finish. A lot ton cool stuff happened and it was packed with a number of shocking and emotional moments. My overall opinion is that this was a good way to conclude the series. That said, I was not delighted by the way a small number of key story arcs were concluded and that has left me with a tiny feeling of ...more
Markus
"Like the unfettered dawn shall he blind us, and burn us, yet shall the Dragon Reborn confront the Shadow at the Last Battle, and his blood shall give us the Light. Let tears flow, O ye people of the world. Weep for your salvation!"

In the depths of the Blight, the armies of the Dark One are marshalling their power. In the Westlands, Rand al’Thor and his allies are preparing for the coming storm. The Last Battle looms above all, and the Dragon Reborn prepares to face the full strength of Shai’tan
Mitch Mills
Apr 06, 2013 rated it did not like it
I’d like to start off this review by saying that my one star-ing of this book is NOT simply a bashing on Sanderson. I have many problems with this book and they fall at the feet of both Sanderson and Jordan.

I have been an avid reader of the Wheel of Time novels for the last decade--as a thirteen year old I fell in love with the books. At the time Jordan was still writing what would be his last books, and I reveled in them. I am by no means an avid defender of Jordan’s writing, particularly his
Eric Edstrom
Jan 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I was criticized for giving this five stars before it came out :) Which I suppose I can understand since it slightly affects the average score.

Well, I've read it now and Sanderson did not disappoint. I loved the final volume of this super-epic, even though getting to the end was bittersweet.

To review this book is to review the entire series. The bottom line is that while it has some low points (Crossroads of Twilight), even those have some pretty neat moments. I always cheered when I heard the b
Brian
Feb 28, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy
I really wanted to give this book five stars, and if I had stopped reading about halfway through, I might have. As I went on, though, some little things that I had glossed over as I devoured the book started to weigh heavier and heavier on me, and in the end, I can't give it more than 2 stars.

On TaimandredDemandred: (view spoiler)
Sharon
Sep 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Detailed breakdown of feelings to follow. I'm going to need a couple of days to sort myself out.

20 minutes later I'm still crying.
Kaya
Mar 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-stars
"I did not come here to win," Lan whispered, smiling. "I came here to kill you. Death is lighter than a feather."

I was blown away by the whole book. It was more brutal and heartbreaking than I have expected. I honestly didn't think that Jordan will have the guts to kill so many important characters. Two deaths especially crushed me. A lot of astonishing twists were in the game and some of them were even fatal. I thought Tarmon Gai'don will last like 30 pages, but nope, it lasted the entire b
Natasha
Jun 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing

No matter how long this series took to come to an end I have loved it since the first book when I picked it up in 1996. I have read it countless times and also have listened to the audio versions as well. Some may find that it took way too long, but in my case it really didn't bother me I enjoyed waiting for each book to come and anticipating about what was going to happen. I loved the details in the books, and have never really found another author who could write like Mr. Jordan, although Mr.
Evgeny
Oct 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
Ladies and gentlemen, this is it: the conclusion of the biggest fantasy epic to-date. Does it justify reading the series? Yes, but I need to mention that nothing can live up to the huge buildup of the series, but this novel comes pretty darn close.

I used to complain about the way Brandon Sanderson handled the series in the previous two books, but this time I really do not have anything to complain about. I can see several reasons for this. It might be that Robert Jordan left the most detailed no
Lisa
Oct 19, 2014 rated it liked it
I have loved this series. Every single word. Some people claim it's all too much. No, the world building is actually remarkable. Characters?.Yes. From 14 books ago until now. Yes.
Honestly? I love these books so much that I'm left speechless. Nothing.
There isn't anything that will convince another to read this.
Hell, in truth I will akways, and have always believed that Sanderson effed this story up! Maybe not the ending. He did his best to follow what Jordan wrote.
What I think Sanderson missed
Ahmad Sharabiani
A Memory of Light (The Wheel of Time #14), Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson

A Memory of Light is the 14th and final book of the fantasy series The Wheel of Time, written by American authors Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson, and published by Tor books. The book was delayed several times, and the hardcover edition was eventually released on January 8, 2013. The book reached No. 1 on several bestsellers lists.

In the prologue, the armies of the Westlands assemble in preparation for Tarmon Gai'don,
Alastair McDermott
Jan 17, 2013 rated it liked it
Kaitlin
Aug 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-sff-faves
* Initial Thoughts *

This book... It's the LAST one in Wheel of Time, such a crazy long and epic series in all manner of ways that I can hardly believe I made it to the end. This one in particular had some fabulous quotes and moments within its pages and I read about 600pgs of it today which is ridiculous and crazy but very awesome. I think I need to sleep a bit on my thoughts and what I want to write as my full and final review so I'll probably come back to this tomorrow and add my actual 'revie
Edward Champa
Jan 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Wheel of Time Fans, High Fantasy Fans
Shelves: fantasy
Overall, I was very satisfied with "A Memory of Light", Sanderson's final installment to Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series. Having grown up with these characters, spending hundreds of hours investing myself within their storylines, watching them transcend from naive village youths into the 'movers and shakers' of a richly detailed and fully conceived world, to finally see their destined paths collide among the chaos and bloodshed of Tarmon Gai'don was breathtaking, heartbreaking, gratifying. ...more
TS Chan
Jun 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: physical-owned
Seeing quite a few of my Goodreads buddies finishing this series together and posting their reviews made me feel that I should at least pen some parting words. I've read this series back in the days when I wasn't inclined to write reviews, which I found take practice and inspiration.

The Wheel of Time was quite a mixed experience for me overall. There were books which were great, some which were good and a few which were just passable. Then there are those that I've decided to skip entirely (i.e
Alina
What a journey it's been! With good, with bad, with joy and sorrow - the whole package, like in real life..

Mentions about the whole series:

PROS :
• Very complex world building: a whole world with many races/nationalities, all with their specific looks, way of dressing, customs, etc
• Compelling and always developing characters
• Beautiful storytelling, vivid descriptions, interesting narrative & plot twists
• Several chapters in one PoV lets the story settle better (as opposed to alternating P
Maria Dimitrova
Fifteen books, thousands of pages and year and three months after my friends and I embarked on this epic journey it is finally over. I'm both sad and elated and suffering one of the greatest book hangovers I have even experienced. I can't let go of this world. It feels wrong that there is no more of it. So I turned to browsing the incredible wealth of art inspired by it. Like this piece:

Tarmon Gai'don

So much happened that it's hard to summarise and I won't even try. I'll just highlight some things. And since
Hasham Rasool
"The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth returns again.

What was, what will be, and what is, may yet fall under the Shadow."

I am getting quite sad that there are no more books in the series after this one.

'The Wheel of Time' is one of the greatest series I have ever read it and it is one of the greatest fantasy epics ever written! I would massively recommended anyone
Manveer
Nov 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, fantasy
16/06/19
This last Sunday I discovered that you can read a whole Wheel of Time book in one single day, if you sell your soul to the devil.

18/11/16
FUCK.
IT'S OVER.
AND I'M SPEECHLESS.

I'll go cry in a corner now.
Mike (the Paladin)
Feb 11, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
At last we are here, the final installment in the EPIC Wheel of Time. I reserved this at the library so when it came in I rented a towmotor and went down to my local branch. Having used the towmotor to load the book into a truck and then unload it when I got home I got down to business.

It's all here folks. For those of you who have loved every second of reading, every comma, exclamation point, colon and semicolon of this massive undertaking you will lose nothing in this volume. AND for those of
Rob
Executive Summary: How do you end a book series that has spanned 15 volumes (including the prequel), nearly 12,000 pages and over 4 million words, where the author died before finishing? Quite well in my opinion. I loved this book start to finish, and feel rewarded for sticking with it through some of the middle books.

Audiobook: Michael Kramer and Kate Reading are fantastic again. They've made my reread quite enjoyable.

Full Review

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memor
I still can't quite believe that the epic Wheel of Time series is actually over! 15 books (don't forget the prologue!), 12,097 pages and over a year of reading (I read one book a month with a group of friends) and it's done. I actually put off reading A Memory of Light because I didn't want to reach the end but I'm so glad it went out on a high note. This series is absolutely huge and I was nervous about making the commitment to it last year but I have really enjoyed the journey that Robert Jord ...more
Julio Genao
Aug 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I feel... many things. I wasn't sure I'd get to read the end of a tale this long. There were setbacks—Jordan passing, and troubles in my own life—but I did. I made it, and so did this story.

I feel satisfaction. I feel weariness. I feel... gratitude.

So much gratitude.

Thank you, Mr. Jordan. Thank you, Mr. Sanderson.

Thank you for 20 years of wonder. Of joy. Of humor. Of hope.

Thank you.
Sotiris Karaiskos
The end of a series of fantasy books is something very important, a bad end can ruin all the good impression created by the previous books, a good one can overturn any negative impression and put to the series in positive mark. In the case of this series, after 13 (and a half) amazing books the reader reaches an incredibly good ending, so you understand at what inconspicuous height the value of the whole work reaches. A last book that really makes it hard for me to describe it as it makes me fee ...more
Fantasy Buddy Reads: A Memory of Light [Apr 15, 2020] 24 61 May 24, 2020 06:31PM
Fantasy and Manga...: A Memory of Light - After the Book Discussion 1 5 Dec 11, 2019 10:28AM
Fantasy and Manga...: A Memory of Light - First Impressions - NO SPOILERS!! 1 5 Dec 11, 2019 10:26AM
What's next after wheel of time ?! 91 2928 Nov 19, 2017 02:29AM
WOT Casting 5 47 Sep 14, 2017 06:21PM

• Rhythm of War (The Stormlight Archive, #4)
  • Dawnshard (The Stormlight Archive, #3.5)
  • Words of Radiance (The Stormlight Archive, #2)
  • Elantris (Elantris, #1)
  • Oathbringer (The Stormlight Archive, #3)
  • The Way of Kings (The Stormlight Archive, #1)
  • The Hero of Ages (Mistborn, #3)
  • Before They Are Hanged (The First Law, #2)
  • Warbreaker (Warbreaker, #1)
  • The Well of Ascension (Mistborn, #2)
  • Last Argument of Kings (The First Law, #3)
  • Gardens of the Moon (Malazan Book of the Fallen, #1)
  • Edgedancer (The Stormlight Archive, #2.5)
  • The Emperor's Soul
  • The Alloy of Law (Mistborn, #4)
  • New Spring: The Graphic Novel
  • Deadhouse Gates (Malazan Book of the Fallen, #2)
  • The Final Empire (Mistborn, #1)

Robert Jordan was the pen name of James Oliver Rigney, Jr., under which he was best known as the author of the bestselling The Wheel of Time fantasy series. He also wrote under the names Reagan O'Neal and Jackson O'Reilly.

Jordan was born in Charleston, South Carolina. He served two tours in Vietnam (from 1968 to

The Wheel of Time (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • The Eye of the World (The Wheel of Time, #1)
  • The Great Hunt (The Wheel of Time, #2)
  • The Dragon Reborn (The Wheel of Time, #3)
  • The Shadow Rising (The Wheel of Time, #4)
  • The Fires of Heaven (The Wheel of Time, #5)
  • Lord of Chaos (The Wheel of Time, #6)
  • A Crown of Swords (The Wheel of Time, #7)
  • The Path of Daggers (The Wheel of Time, #8)
  • Winter's Heart (The Wheel of Time, #9)
  • Crossroads of Twilight (The Wheel of Time, #10)

Articles featuring this book

The fantasy author takes up the late Robert Jordan's mantle in A Memory of Light, the final book in the epic Wheel of Time series, which has...
“He came like the wind, like the wind touched everything, and like the wind was gone.

-from The Dragon Reborn. By Loial, son of Arent son of Halan, the Fourth Age.”
197 likes
“Here is your flaw, Shaitan, Lord of the Dark, Lord of Envy, Lord of Nothing, here is why you fail. It was not about me. It’s never been about me.”
It was about a woman, torn and beaten down, cast from her throne and made a puppet. A woman who had crawled when she had to. That woman still fought.
It was about a man that love repeatedly forsook. A man who found relevance in a world that others would have let pass them by. A man who remembered stories and who took fool boys under his wing when the smarter move would have been to keep on walking. That man still fought.
It was about a woman with a secret, a hope for the future. A woman who had hunted the truth before others could. A woman who had given her live, then had it returned. That woman still fought.
It was about a man whose family was taken from him, but who stood tall in his sorrow and protected those he could.
It was about a woman who refused to believe that she could not help, could not heal those who had been harmed.
It was about a hero who insisted with every breath that he was anything but a hero.
It was about a woman who would not bend her back while she was beaten, and who shown with a light for all who watched, including Rand.
It was about them all.