Manga Book Club discussion

Manga Book Club Map > Hello, call me Librarian...

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Starbubbles, Respected Elder (new)

Starbubbles | 871 comments Mod
Need to find a librarian for a literary emergency or a fix a Goodreads blunder? Here is the place to locate one in our very own group, or offer your librarian services to those in need.

message 2: by Noran (new)

Noran Miss Pumkin | 8 comments I am a librarian. Willing to help, as I can.

message 3: by Maurice (new)

Maurice (andulien) | 15 comments Same here :)

message 4: by Orlaith (new)

Orlaith | 22 comments I'm also a librarian :D

message 5: by Jarta (new)

Jarta | 1 comments Hi, I'm also a librarian and looking forward to help in the manga genre. :D

message 6: by Eric (new)

Eric Compean (randomcityink) | 3 comments Konnichiwa! I'm a Librarian too!

message 7: by Lizzie (new)

Lizzie (maopyon) | 8 comments I'm a librarian. :D

message 8: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) librarian desu

message 9: by Doc (new)

Doc (docpersona) | 173 comments Is this Goodread blunders in general or specifically for this group? I recently got SGT Frog volume 21 and it has no cover on here. :)

message 10: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten (ringwraith10) | 6 comments I'm a librarian, too. :) I checked on the Sgt. Frog issue and it looks like someone fixed it. I think you can mention any discrepancies that you see on Goodreads here. :)

message 11: by Doc (new)

Doc (docpersona) | 173 comments Sweet now if only we could get someone to license SGT Frog so we can get more.:)

message 12: by Doc (new)

Doc (docpersona) | 173 comments Oh I found a new one. The cover art for Monster Musume volume 4 is actually of volume 5 which is not out until November.
http://www.gomanga.com/books/monster-...

message 13: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten (ringwraith10) | 6 comments I fixed 4 and 5. :)

message 14: by Doc (new)

Doc (docpersona) | 173 comments Looks good. Maybe I should scan the covers of books I own that are not on the site for you. :)

message 15: by Holly (new)

Holly Letson (bookaholicholly) | 7 comments I'm also a Goodreads Librarian.

message 16: by Doc (new)

Doc (docpersona) | 173 comments The Sacred Blacksmith Vol. 8 Requires a proper cover please. Thanks. :)

message 17: by Doc (new)

Doc (docpersona) | 173 comments Nurse Hitomi's Monster Infirmary Vol. 1 Here is another manga that needs an English Cover. Thanks:)

message 18: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten (ringwraith10) | 6 comments Ian wrote: "Nurse Hitomi's Monster Infirmary Vol. 1 Here is another manga that needs an English Cover. Thanks:)"

Done and done. :D That Sacred Blacksmith cover was surprisingly hard to find -- I could find volume 9 but even Amazon didn't have the English cover for vol. 8! Finally found it on the publisher's website. ;)

message 19: by Doc (new)

Doc (docpersona) | 173 comments Thanks for your hard work.:)

message 20: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten (ringwraith10) | 6 comments Ian wrote: "Thanks for your hard work.:)"

Hehe, well I can't stand to see a book without its cover like that. :)

message 21: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan (joniimaru) | 2 comments I am also a librarian. Willing to help in any way.

message 22: by Doc (last edited Dec 03, 2015 09:19PM) (new)

Doc (docpersona) | 173 comments The Sacred Blacksmith Vol. 9 Found another that needs a cover. The Sacred Blacksmith Vol. 9 by Isao Miura Now that I look back 8 was missing a cover too. :)

message 23: by Christine (new)

Christine | 13 comments Can the Dragonar Academy ( Dragonar Academy Vol. 1 )series by fixed? Goodreads lists only 4 books in the series and there are at least 9.

Bookkitten (collector of nice things) (thebookkitten) | 7 comments *raises librarian paw*

Dragonar Academy is fixed.

message 25: by Raven (new)

Raven (fallenravenqueen) | 4 comments I'm a Librarian also.

message 26: by Christine (new)

Christine | 13 comments Thanks Bookkitten!!! :)

message 27: by Terrence (new)

Terrence (grnkrby) | 10 comments I don't know if this is the place to go for help, but I'm searching for the Sakurako-san Investigation novel page on Goodreads. Assume it's under the Japanese language name. The series had an anime run last season.

message 28: by Doc (new)

Doc (docpersona) | 173 comments Terrence wrote: "I don't know if this is the place to go for help, but I'm searching for the Sakurako-san Investigation novel page on Goodreads. Assume it's under the Japanese language name. The series had an anime..."

I am not sure if this is it but I looked up the series on Amazon and used the ISBN found there to look it up here.
櫻子さんの足下には死体が埋まっている by Shiori Ota

message 29: by Terrence (new)

Terrence (grnkrby) | 10 comments That's the one, thanks. I'll remember to search out the ISBN next time.

message 30: by Doc (new)

Doc (docpersona) | 173 comments Terrence wrote: "That's the one, thanks. I'll remember to search out the ISBN next time."

You're welcome. If not for ISBNs my collections would be harder to organize so I am glad they are of use to you as well. :)