! YA Heroines ! discussion

Book Discussions > What are you currently reading?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 471 (471 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

message 1: by Chelsea (last edited Dec 30, 2012 03:06PM) (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments Name the books and the authors you are currently reading.

I've just finished Storm Glass Storm Glass (Glass, #1) by Maria V. Snyder by Maria V. Snyder (Great book!) and I am currently reading Shadow And Bone Shadow and Bone (The Grisha, #1) by Leigh Bardugo by Leigh Bardugo.

message 2: by Laura (new)

Laura | 57 comments I am currently reading Letters to My Daughter, by Maya Angelou. It's amazing!

message 3: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments What book is that? It's not on Goodreads?

message 4: by Laura (new)

Laura | 57 comments It's a collection of short chapters by the great writer and poet Maya Angelou, she never had a daughter, but the book is all of the advice and stories she would tell her if she did have one. If you haven't read anything else by Maya Angelou I would recommend reading I Know Why the Cage Bird Sings, first.

message 5: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments Wow, looks really good! I've put it on my to-read shelf!

message 6: by Sina (new)

Sina | 429 comments currently reading: Obsidian (Lux, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

message 7: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments I've heard really good things from this series!

message 8: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (pandabears) Currently Reading: The Hunger Games :'D

message 9: by Quinn (new)

Quinn (nerdperson) | 10 comments Currently reading City of Ashes. :)

message 10: by Laura (new)

Laura | 57 comments Currently reading the City of Bones! :)

message 11: by Chelsea (last edited Jan 07, 2013 02:52PM) (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments I'm in the middle the series, need to read City of Ashes!

Currently Reading - Incarnate Incarnate (Newsoul, #1) by Jodi Meadows (BOTM)

message 12: by Haleemah (new)

Haleemah (bookworm_101) | 124 comments Today, I finished reading Promised by Caragh m. O'brien. Now, I'm reading The raven Boys by Maggie stiefvater.

message 13: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments Raven Boys!!!
It's truely something different, than what I usually read. I was pleasantly suprised.

message 14: by Kate (last edited Jan 11, 2013 05:38PM) (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) I'm hoping to start Tilt by Ellen Hopkins, and after that I'll probably read Carnival of Souls (BOTM).

message 15: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments I've heard great things about Tilt, the idea of a book in verse sounds awesome!

message 16: by Kate (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) Yeah, I've read a few of her other books, and I loved every one of them.

message 17: by Laura (new)

Laura | 57 comments I loved Tilt! Ellen Hopkins is amazing. I haven''t read one book of hers I didn't like.

message 18: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments I might read tilt but that kind of book doesn't really appeal to me.

message 19: by Kate (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) I finished Tilt by Ellen Hopkins and Carnival of Souls by Melissa Marr this weekend. Now, I"m onto Obsidian (Lux, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout .

message 20: by Laura (last edited Jan 13, 2013 01:15PM) (new)

Laura  H (shardsofromance) Just finished reading Elphame's Choice (Partholon, #4) by P.C. Cast . Planning to start one or all of these tommorow: The Switch by Lynsay Sands - The Academy by Emmaline Andrews - With a Little Luck by Caprice Crane

message 21: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments Ooooh, they loook good.

message 22: by Rubes (new)

Rubes (queerscorpio) I finished What's Left of Me (The Hybrid Chronicles, #1) by Kat Zhang - AMAZING!!! and am reading Once (Eve, #2) by Anna Carey which is also brilliant, Jane Austen Stole My Boyfriend by Cora Harrison and also Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen we have to read it for school but it's still goooood ;)

message 23: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments Once is really good!

message 24: by Laura (last edited Jan 17, 2013 01:50PM) (new)

Laura  H (shardsofromance) Finished The Academy by Emmaline Andrews & MetaWars Fight for the Future by Jeff Norton on Monday then Tuesday. Currently close to finishing With a Little Luck by Caprice Crane , while planning to start The Other Normals	 by Ned Vizzini tomorrow.

message 25: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments Omg you guys read so fast.

message 26: by Laura (last edited Jan 17, 2013 01:58PM) (new)

Laura  H (shardsofromance) Hahaha mines because I have a long bus ride to college so I always read on the way there and back, also during lunch as well as breaks. Also whilst at my nan's on Tuesday and Monday afternoon I read in between talking, at home I don't read all that much.

message 27: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments LOL, thats sounds a bit like me too.

message 28: by Nerfy (new)

Nerfy (robynleanne) Just finished Rhiannon Paille's SURRENDER. Completely in love with it. It's the perfect book for YA, romance, and dystopian lovers. Paille is such a pro at creating a whole world thats so original.

Its listed for free on Amazon for the next couple of days so I'd definitely recommend picking it up.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SURRENDER-The...

message 29: by Laura (new)

Laura  H (shardsofromance) Damn seems so awesome I love the cover too, just got it now xD Thanks for sharing.

message 30: by Nerfy (new)

Nerfy (robynleanne) Definitely do it Laura! One of my fav books in a while. Paille's writing is awesome. JUSTICE, the second in the series has just come out, too, so if you like SURRENDER, check the other one out!

message 31: by Laura (new)

Laura  H (shardsofromance) Just realised Its a series which I probably shouldn't start since got so many others to keep up with, but oh well I'm going to any way and will do :)

message 32: by Kate (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) I'm reading Divergent (currently on page 183, and loving every page), then I'll read Onyx.

I have a three day weekend coming up, so I'll be able to read more. :)

message 33: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (rachelreaditwrite) I'm reading the Girl in the Steel Corset right now, and I just finished the Unfailing Light the other day, which was really good.

message 34: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments The girl in the steel corset is the best steampunk I have read! Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

message 35: by Laura (last edited Jan 18, 2013 04:04PM) (new)

Laura  H (shardsofromance) Finished With a Little Luck by Caprice Crane and The Other Normals	 by Ned Vizzini

message 36: by Kate (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) How did you like The Other Normals? I haven't read it, but I want to.

message 37: by Laura (last edited Jan 18, 2013 04:13PM) (new)

Laura  H (shardsofromance) Oh you should definitely give it a go especially if you're a lover of rpgs like me, It's an original storyline so kept my interest for the most part and it switch's between reality then the other world but never in a way that seems rushed.
The characters each hold their own even the minor ones and I do like the small bits of romance, got a few giggles out of the groups interactions too and constantly smiling [Except for perhaps a few parts that were unexpected to me], so if you cant keep a straight face then I recommend not reading this in public ^-^
Im not good with explaining sorry... anyway still take a chance, I loved it xD

message 38: by Kate (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) Awesome. Thanks. :)

message 39: by Laura (last edited Jan 18, 2013 04:17PM) (new)

Laura  H (shardsofromance) You're welcome, I hope you enjoy it if you do try the book :)

message 40: by Niámh (new)

Niámh | 186 comments Forsaken (The Demon Trappers, #1) by Jana Oliver great book

message 41: by Chelsea (last edited Jan 19, 2013 08:34PM) (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments It is a great book! I loved the series. <3 Backwoods Boy <3

message 42: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (warpedline) | 214 comments Currently reading Her Own Devices ( #2 Magnifcent Devices series)

It is awesome!

For anyone who likes historical fiction, read this! ;)

message 43: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments Historical Fiction!!!! Thanks for the rec.

message 44: by Becca (new)

Becca | 3 comments Chelsea wrote: "Name the books and the authors you are currently reading.

I've just finished Storm Glass Storm Glass (Glass, #1) by Maria V. Snyderby Maria V. Snyder (Great book!) and I am currently reading Shadow And Bone[..."

I love Shadow and Bone and Maria V Snyder is great! Have you read the The Healers series?

message 45: by Christen (new)

Christen | 13 comments I am currently reading Lauren by Julia Crane Lauren by Julia Crane. Great work from her and a fast paced book also. I am enjoying reading it very much. :)

message 46: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments Becca wrote: "Chelsea wrote: "Name the books and the authors you are currently reading.

I've just finished Storm Glass Storm Glass (Glass, #1) by Maria V. Snyderby Maria V. Snyder (Great book!) and I am currently reading ..."

Yes! I've read Touch of power and I'm about to read Scent of Magic. So excited.

message 47: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments Christen wrote: "I am currently reading Lauren by Julia Crane Lauren by Julia Crane. Great work from her and a fast paced book also. I am enjoying reading it very much. :)"

OMG I simply love the cover of this!

message 48: by Kate (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) Over the weekend, I finished Divergent (Divergent, #1) by Veronica Roth Onyx (Lux, #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Entwined by Heather Dixon

I'm halfway through Opal (Lux, #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout and have 26 pages to go in Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe (a choice for school).

I picked up Insurgent (Divergent, #2) by Veronica Roth and The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini (also for school) from the library today, and after finishing Opal and Insurgent, I'll start on the upcoming BOTMs for February.

This is going to be a really busy couple of weeks. . .

message 49: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments LOL. :)

message 50: by Constance (new)

Constance (eyreapparent) I've just finished Angelfall (LOVED it!) and am no reading Seraphina. Both have v cool leading ladies!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10