Who's Your Author? discussion

Kim Harrison
This topic is about Kim Harrison
90 views
Archives - '11 - '12 > January AOM Winner

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4053 comments The AOM for January is Kim Harrison!


message 2: by Susanne (new)

Susanne (suecakes) | 15 comments *celebrates*


message 3: by Gin (new)

Gin | 338 comments Yaaaaayyyy! I might reread a couple of her books and I'll definitely be reading Ever After (The Hollows, #11) by Kim Harrison


message 4: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4053 comments Totally that one Gin!! I have refused to read anything about Ever After I do not even know what it is about. I just want to be totally surprised. I just hope Al is around a lot :-) he and Rachel remind me of a sister and brother...no idea why lol


message 5: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 2046 comments You know, I have not read any of her books. I need to. She's been on my list of authors I need to read for a while.


message 6: by Sonia (new)

Sonia (darktalynn) I only read the first 2 of her The Hollows series, I'll probably read Every Which Way But Dead (The Hollows, #3) by Kim Harrison and maybe A Fistful of Charms (The Hollows, #4) by Kim Harrison . It all depends on my mood next month


message 7: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 2046 comments Sonia wrote: "I only read the first 2 of her The Hollows series, I'll probably read Every Which Way But Dead (The Hollows, #3) by Kim Harrison and maybe A Fistful of Charms (The Hollows, #4) by Kim Harrison. It all depends on my mood next month"

You like it? I know we have similar tastes.


message 8: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4053 comments Lisarenee wrote: "You know, I have not read any of her books. I need to. She's been on my list of authors I need to read for a while."

The first book is rather slow until you get like half way through and then it just takes off. This is one of my favorite series.


message 9: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 2046 comments That's one of the reasons I always hate it when someone knocks a book when they never finished it. The ending can make a book.


message 10: by Sonia (last edited Jan 03, 2013 02:20PM) (new)

Sonia (darktalynn) Lisarenee wrote: "Sonia wrote: "I only read the first 2 of her The Hollows series, I'll probably read Every Which Way But Dead (The Hollows, #3) by Kim Harrison and maybe A Fistful of Charms (The Hollows, #4) by Kim Harrison. It all depends on my ..."

I have mixed feelings about them. They have a lot of details and the storyline is sturdy... and well constructed... they remaind me of Dresden...how the story sometimes need a pause button so poor Dresden can have a break....the trouble was... I didn't connect with Rachel. But, on the other hand, Jenx totally made for it... I simple adore the little pixie, and I like Ivy too.

Maybe I have to give them another chance... I liked them way better than the Chicagoland Vampires series


message 11: by Sandra, Need more time to Read!! (new)

Sandra | 4483 comments I've started collecting the series, which I typically do before reading any of it. LOL.

So I should probably start it soon :)


message 12: by Sonia (new)

Sonia (darktalynn) I'll start Every Which Way But Dead as soon as I finish January's challenge.


back to top