Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

Archived Threads > What are your top five best IR reads for the year 2012?

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tisha (new)

Tisha | 45 comments So the world didn't end on december 21...and we happily live to retrospect on the best IR books we have read for the year. Please share your top five ladies and gents!!

message 2: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen) , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen)  (gatadelafuente) | 7314 comments Mod
Good idea, Tisha!

message 3: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Huxford (blackpanthershay) | 970 comments A couple by Theodora Taylor

message 4: by Fashionista (last edited Dec 26, 2012 02:28PM) (new)

Fashionista  (fashionista99) | 439 comments My Top 5:
Juicy by Pepper Pace
Dmitry's Closet (The Medlov Crime Family, #1) by Latrivia S. Nelson The entire Medlov Series is great!
Wheels of Steel, Book 1 by Pepper Pace The entireWOS Series is Awesome!
Being Plumville by Savannah J. Frierson
Beast by Pepper Pace

message 5: by Tisha (last edited Dec 26, 2012 02:48PM) (new)

Tisha | 45 comments My list includes:

1-Mi Carino/Mi Carina by Sienna Mynx - You know a book is good once you find yourself thinking about it weeks after finishing it. It features a dark, somewhat cruel hero with a mysterious past and a heroine who desperately wants to be loved. That is RECIPE FOR DISASTER!! This book was emotionally draining for me but Sienna Mynx just draws you in! To this day I don’t know if I want the protagonists to end up together or not.

2-Second chances by Delaney Diamond - This story has some of my favorite elements combined: a separated couple forced to reunite and a bargain. You are left wondering if the pair will overcome their trust issues, while “visiting” Brazil thanks to the author’s vivid descriptions. I recommend it for those who like sensual/not too graphic novels.

3-Wining Dawn by Thayer King - A funny and witty book featuring realistic and relatable characters whose love-hate relationship blossoms into something unexpected.

Honorable mentions: Have I told you lately by Erosa Knowles and Remy goes to therapy by Shara Azod

message 6: by Tisha (new)

Tisha | 45 comments @ Fashionista: I really need to get my digital hands on the Medlov series. I have heard nothing but good things about it!!

message 7: by Tina (new)

Tina | 1383 comments In no particular order

These are all bw/wm btw

Priceless by Lena Matthews by Lena Matthews

If You Know Her (The Ash Trilogy, #3) by Shiloh Walker by Shiloh Walker

Deadly Games (Deadly, #4) by Jaycee Clark by Jaycee Clark

Living Violet (The Cambion Chronicles, #1) by Jaime Reed by Jaime Reed

Taken By Moonlight (Moonlight, #1) by Violette Dubrinsky by Violette Dubrinsky

Honorable mention:

Wild Horses by Asha King by Asha King

message 8: by Fashionista (new)

Fashionista  (fashionista99) | 439 comments Tisha wrote: "@ Fashionista: I really need to get my digital hands on the Medlov series. I have heard nothing but good things about it!!"

Girllllll, you need to purchase this entire series! I promise that you will not be disappointed! ;-)

message 9: by Tracey (last edited Dec 26, 2012 05:10PM) (new)

Tracey | 166 comments My Top 5

APHRODISIAC by Mercedes Keyes

The Alpha Promise by Hayat Ali by Hayat Ali

Juicy by Pepper Pace by Pepper Pace

Wheels of Steel, Book 1 by Pepper Pace the entire series by Pepper Pace

Urban Vampire The Turning  by Pepper Pace the entire series by Pepper Pace

message 10: by Nadine (new)

Nadine (peanutsmom) | 81 comments Tina wrote: "In no particular order

These are all bw/wm btw

Priceless by Lena Matthews by Lena Matthews

If You Know Her (The Ash Trilogy, #3) by Shiloh Walker by Shiloh Walker

Deadly Games (Deadly, #4) by Jaycee Clark by Jaycee..."

I have been meaning to buy these titles but have been having such bad luck with the books that I have purchased that I was waiting for glowing recommendations. Are the books more about the romance or the story?

My daughter has Living Violet and she loved it.

message 11: by Tracey (new)

Tracey | 166 comments @Nadine - I really enjoyed reading Deadly Games (Deadly, #4) by Jaycee Clark This one was more about the story mixed with romance a good balance. If you have a Nook, I can loan it to you.

message 12: by Tina (new)

Tina | 1383 comments @ Nadine- I read a lot of IR this year and these five I actually do give glowing recs for.

Living Violet is especially wonderful! Big glowing recommendation from me. It is a well written, paranormal with great humor. And I don't even really like YA! My full review is here

I's say the Jaycee Walker is an action/thriller/romance. Spy vs. spy who fall in love. I'd say a little heavier on the action than the romance, but this is still a romance novel.

The Shiloh Walker book is romantic suspense, with the suspense = to the romance. It is the 3rd in a tightly plotted trilogy. The three books all feature separate romances with the third being the IR, but the suspense plot winds through all three books. All the characters appear in all the books.

The Lena Matthews book is pure romance. She writes really hot love scenes.

The Violette Dubrinsky book (also a really glowing rec!!) is straight Paranormal Romance. The romance is the main feature but it has a strong paranormal plotline that feels like it will be a series. Secondary characters are crying out for their own books!

Also, not one of my top five this year b/c I read it last year but I have to co-sign on Beast by Pepper Pace by Pepper Pace. The story is wonderful.

message 13: by Laura (last edited Dec 27, 2012 05:30PM) (new)

Laura | 302 comments Here are my top IR reads of 2012, it was very hard to pick from my current list:

A. Black Butterfly- Sienna Mynx
B. S&M III, Vol. II (Scott & Mariana)- Vera Roberts
C. Harmony- Sienna Mynx
D. The Nanny- Vera Roberts
E. Fling in Paris- Mia Loveless/Army Beast- Dahlia Rose

message 14: by Nadine (new)

Nadine (peanutsmom) | 81 comments I don't have a nook, I have a kindle but does the nook have more book choices or better features/

thanks for the recs I love suspense novels and paranormals are becoming a favorite of mine lately. Pepper Pace is an author that I buy frequently.

My daughter has read the second book of the Living Violet series and a third is out.

message 15: by Laura (new)

Laura | 302 comments When it come to which e-reader gives you better choices, I find it depends on the reader's interest in books and the model of the reader's, and when each store like B&N, Amazon, or Smash books up loads each book for their customer's... :)