What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Peter Johnson and his Guitar
This topic is about Peter Johnson and his Guitar
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Children's book about a man with a guitar [s]

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alana (new)

Alana (bookslide) | 22 comments The guitar is on his back but he cannot find it.

message 2: by Alana (new)

Alana (bookslide) | 22 comments It's probably a picture book from the late '70 to the mid '80s.

Anyone?

message 3: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6981 comments Mod
Picture book? Or chapter?

message 4: by Alana (new)

Alana (bookslide) | 22 comments She just said "children's book," I think. Why, is it striking a chord?

message 5: by Alana (new)

Alana (bookslide) | 22 comments No pun intended...

message 6: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6981 comments Mod
vaguely--but the problem is--what I'm remembering is one of those "in between" type books. More than a picture book, not quite a chapter book.

message 7: by Alana (new)

Alana (bookslide) | 22 comments That's still the most anyone's been able to say about it yet, across two communities and with the help of several librarians!

message 8: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37538 comments Mod
Alana, are you still looking for this book?

message 9: by Alana (new)

Alana (bookslide) | 22 comments If you know it, I still remember who asked me. I think.

message 10: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylllr) Well, I don't think anyone has a guess yet - but if you want us to keep looking, be sure to 'bump' this thread by adding a comment every few months. But if you've lost track of who asked for it, maybe we can stop looking?

message 11: by Alana (new)

Alana (bookslide) | 22 comments I'm no longer at that library system, although I am in touch with the patron, so if anyone has a thought, feel free to post it!

message 12: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2358 comments Is the entire book about him trying to find the guitar, which is actually hanging on his back? Makes me think of the William Makepeace Thackeray poem A Tragic Story :)

message 13: by Alana (new)

Alana (bookslide) | 22 comments Yeah, ha.

message 14: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylllr) Here's a free 'bump' for fall. Come back in a few months to bump again, ok? Otherwise, to be honest, we might conclude that this thread has been 'abandoned' and move it to the Abandoned folder.

message 15: by Ayshe (new)

message 16: by bookel (new)

bookel | 2108 comments American Book Publishing Record: BPR cumulative
1968 - ‎Snippet view - ‎
PETERSON, Hans JUV Peter Johnson and his guitar. Adapted from the original by Kay Ware, Lucille Sutherland. ... 61-66405 bds., .66 All the animals help to find a lost guitar.

message 17: by Alana (new)

Alana (bookslide) | 22 comments Now I can't remember which patron it was...

message 18: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37538 comments Mod
Alana, are you ready to call this Solved? We can move it over there while you try to remember the patron.

message 19: by Alana (new)

Alana (bookslide) | 22 comments Sure