What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Monument 14 (Monument 14, #1)
This topic is about Monument 14
SOLVED: Children's/YA > Book about teens that get stuck in a store (like walmart or something) and it's the end of world[s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chaekworm (last edited Dec 25, 2012 11:04PM) (new) - added it

Chaekworm | 6 comments That's really all I can remember... I saw it a while ago, maybe a year ago or two. I just remember that kids/teens were stuck in a major store like Walmart of Target and it just happened that it was the end of the world while they were inside.

Now that I think about it, they may have broken in after hours... I dunno. Something like that.

message 2: by Amanda (new) - added it

Amanda (awbush) | 42 comments Last Light? Dad and kids race into Wal-Mart when there is an EMP that knocks out power -- struggle to purchase necessities ensues

message 3: by Shanna_redwind (last edited Dec 24, 2012 06:18AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shanna_redwind | 858 comments The Mist? This book has a bunch of people caught in a store while nasty misty things happen outside.

message 4: by Andria (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2500 comments Mod
Probably not, because it just came out this past June, but it's a good read and fits your description: Monument 14

message 5: by Andy (new)

Andy Love | 2087 comments Andria wrote: "Probably not, because it just came out this past June, but it's a good read and fits your description: Monument 14"

That's the one I thought of http://www.tor.com/blogs/2012/07/apoc...

message 6: by Andria (last edited Dec 24, 2012 11:48AM) (new)

I don't know if any of these are the right one, but here are links to other YA novels with people trapped in buildings, mentioned in the review Andy linked to:
No Safety In Numbers (trapped in mall, biological weapon)
The Enemy (trapped in school, zombie attack)
This is Not a Test (trapped in grocery store, kind-of-zombies.

message 7: by Chaekworm (new) - added it

Chaekworm | 6 comments Yeah!!! It's Monument 14 I remember the cover!! Thanks so much!!

message 8: by Andria (new)

No way! Awesome. I'm so glad that was it.