Vaginal Fantasy Book Club discussion

Ilona Andrews
This topic is about Ilona Andrews

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jon (new)

Jon  | 91 comments I've just finished Steel's Edge and wanted to rave about the entire edge series.
I've been a fan of her work since I discovered the Kate Daniels series and was equally entranced by the edger books.
Each book stands on it's own, but the beauty of the group is that they all add to the world. Threads from earlier books show up later in the series and beloved characters continue to evolve and prosper outside of their own tales. I have personal preferences , Steel's EdgeOn the Edge but that is only because they feature my best loved characters rather than a variation in the quality of the writing. This is a world populated by clever, challenging and vital characters which I suggest everyone read.

message 2: by Claire (new)

Claire (cacromwell) | 221 comments I've read the first three and loved each more than the last. I was hoping for On the Edge to get picked this month, but maybe the series will get a turn in 2013!

message 3: by Katherine (new)

Katherine (masquerader888) | 22 comments Just adding th The Edge love. I was sorry to see this series end, it numbered amount my favorites. (thank goodness they are still writing Kate and hopefully when their time is not as tight we might get another new world to love.)

message 4: by Claire (new)

Claire (cacromwell) | 221 comments I'm really hoping that the "next gen" (Jack especially) will get a book or two, or even just some short stories.

message 5: by RogueHireling (new)

RogueHireling (rogue_hireling) | 76 comments Wait, the Edge series is over?

message 6: by Claire (new)

Claire (cacromwell) | 221 comments Steel's Edge (The Edge, #4) by Ilona Andrews
Steel's Edge, which was just released, is the 4th and final book in the series, sadly.

message 7: by Malin (new)

Malin (maline) | 43 comments I love this series, and while I like Bayou Moon and Steel's Edge a lot, there are a few things in each that annoy me and take something away from my enjoyment a little. I absolutely adore On the Edge and Fate's Edge though, and the entire series is very well done.

The writing duo that makes up Ilona Andrews just keep getting more and more skilled at their craft, and even when I don't hands down love one of their books, I marvel at how they so skillfully balance the plot, and create complex characters and fascinating worlds. They write kid characters better than pretty much everyone out there.

message 8: by Paul (new)

Paul | 49 comments Great series, but I'm not sure it's Vaginal Fantasy. Maybe the first book. Maybe even the second book. But certainly not the third.

message 9: by RogueHireling (new)

RogueHireling (rogue_hireling) | 76 comments Claire wrote: "
Steel's Edge, which was just released, is the 4th and final book in the series, sadly."

I just finished Steel's Edge and had no idea!! Oh that's disappointing.

And I think the series firmly belongs in the vaginal fantasy category. At least my definition of vaginal fantasy. =)

Margo - Putting the Mmmmmm back in Menage | 40 comments If you want something from Ilona Andrews which is undeniably vaginal fantasy, check out this free story, "A Mere Formality":

http://www.ilona-andrews.com/wp-conte...

I'm with Claire - I really hope to get a next gen story at some point. There is no such thing as enough Jack and George.