What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Runaway's Diary
This topic is about The Runaway's Diary
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Childrens/YA fiction I read in the 1970's about a girl named Cat that runs away from home to find adventure - she has no problem with her family, but wants to hitch-hike around the country [s]

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Laura (melahlah) | 5 comments Trying to find a book I read in the 1970's about a girl named Cat that runs away from home to find adventure - she has no problem with her family, but wants to hitch-hike around the country. The book chronicles her experiences and at the end she is hit by a car within a few miles of home. It may have been written in the 60's or 70's.
Thanks!

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Laura (melahlah) | 5 comments I checked Cat Running & it's not the same book. But thanks for the idea, Lobstergirl! :)

Cheryl has hopes her life will calm down soonish (cherylllr) Bump - sounds kinda bleak for that era; I'm intrigued.

message 5: by Cornelia (new)

Cornelia Shields | 51 comments "The Runaway's Diary," by Marilyn Harris.

Cheryl has hopes her life will calm down soonish (cherylllr) However, the OP has set their profile to private.. next mod can move this to Abandoned, I think.

message 8: by Laura (last edited Aug 27, 2015 01:08PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Laura (melahlah) | 5 comments The Runaway's Diary is it!! Thank you Cornelia & Cheryl. Sorry it took me so long - long illness in family. Forgot about a lot of things, I'm afraid. :/

message 9: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39247 comments Mod
Cool. An old one solved.