Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap... and Others Don't Good to Great discussion

started, not finished

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kressel Housman I just gave up on this book. I was about halfway through. I got discouraged by the "best in the world" bit. I was wondering if anyone else had the same reaction.

message 2: by William (last edited Mar 10, 2013 10:32AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

William Matthies I finished it. Didn't agree with much of it and the fact that some of the "Greats" no longer are, much less even still in business, was a bit problematic given the subject. But I did finish.

I think it has something to do with the unspoken promises the title makes. However you can't very well sell a book called "I Can't Prove it But Here's My Opinion On What Makes a Company Great" can you?

message 3: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy I enjoyed this book a lot but perhaps I was looking at it from the "big picture." Actually, what I think I enjoyed was the Audio version. I have the book and but did listen to it in the car instead.

What I would really recommend is the addendum to the book: From Good to Great and the Social Sectors. This is a quick read and I felt put things in a much more up-to-date and concrete light.

Extended DISC How can CEOs and leadership use the DISC assessment tool to better manage their employees? ‘Using DISC profiles at the Organizational Level’ webinar is part 3 of the Extended DISC Using Team DISC Assessments series. https://www.extendeddisc.org/disc-pro...