You'll love this one...!! A book club & more discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Closed Discussion Topic > INTRODUCTIONS - Jan 2013

Comments (showing 1-50 of 197) (197 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (JaMaSc) | 29885 comments Please tell us a little about yourself.

message 2: by Travis sivarT (new)

Travis sivarT (TravissivarT) | 5507 comments Hi I'm Travis from NY and this looks to be a nice casual book club with a variety of books and some fun looking challenges.

message 3: by Cherie (new)

Cherie (crobins0) | 13064 comments Hi Travis and welcome! This IS a great group and the challenges are fun!

message 4: by jaxnsmom (new)

jaxnsmom | 8146 comments Hey Travis, glad you joined the group! I hope you'll participate in some of the challenges. We have a 24 hour reading Toppler next Saturday. Check it out if you're interested. You don't have to read the whole time.

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1...

message 5: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (JaMaSc) | 29885 comments Welcome Travis! We're glad to have you join us. :)

message 6: by AmyK (new)

AmyK (Yakyma) | 1014 comments Hi Travis! Hope you have a great time reading with us.

message 7: by Almeta (new)

Almeta (MenFromMarrs) | 8003 comments Hello Travis, Look forward to your contributions. This is a very fun group of people.

message 8: by Shayna (new)

Shayna Hi, I am Shayna from NY. I joined this group about an hour ago. Hoping to have some fun with a variety of books. :-)

message 9: by Cherie (new)

Cherie (crobins0) | 13064 comments Hi Shayna. Glad you could join. Read through the threads and you will see about the fun and variety of books being read by the group. Jump in and get ready!

message 10: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (JaMaSc) | 29885 comments Welcome Shayna. So glad you've joined us. If you have any questions, be sure to ask. :)

message 11: by jaxnsmom (new)

jaxnsmom | 8146 comments Hey Shayna, welcome to the group! I hope you'll join in some of the challenges. You'll definitely find a variety of books here.

message 12: by Judy (new)

Judy (patchworkcat) | 5750 comments Welcome New Yorkers, Travis and Shayna. Jump right in! If you haven't had the chance to check out our monthly calendar, click here.

message 13: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Hi I'm Brenda from Minnesota. I look forward to joining some challenges. They look fun.

message 14: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (JaMaSc) | 29885 comments Hi Brenda! Welcome. We have our November/December challenge going on right now. We also have a 6 month challenge (Read the Rainbow) that is wrapping up this month. I will be posting the new year-long challenge within the next few days so keep tuned in. :) January's challenge will be posted soon as well.

Be sure to check out the other activities we have going on.

message 15: by jaxnsmom (new)

jaxnsmom | 8146 comments Welcome to the group Brenda. I'm glad to see your interest in the challenges. We're having a 24 hour Toppler (read-a-thon) this Saturday. You don't have to read the whole time, any time at all will get you a participation badge :)

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1...

message 16: by Judy (new)

Judy (patchworkcat) | 5750 comments Welcome, Brenda! Let us know if you have any questions, and in the meantime, jump right in.

message 17: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Thank you for the welcomes! I think I will participate in the 24 hour Toppler. Can't wait for the new year-long challenge!

message 18: by Judy (new)

Judy (patchworkcat) | 5750 comments We would love to have you join us in the Toppler. Its a great way to get to know everyone.

message 19: by Shanna_redwind (new)

Shanna_redwind | 228 comments Hi, I'm Shanna from Ontario. This looks like a fun group to be a part of.

message 20: by Judy (new)

Judy (patchworkcat) | 5750 comments Welcome, Shanna! I'm glad to see you already found the Toppler which is a great way to get know us. :-)

message 21: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (JaMaSc) | 29885 comments And you've found the Group Reads too, Shanna. I'm so glad you are finding your way around the group.

message 22: by Rusalka, Moderator (new)

Rusalka (Rusalkii) | 13001 comments Welcome to all our new December people! Lovely to have you join us

message 23: by jaxnsmom (new)

jaxnsmom | 8146 comments Welcome Shanna! It's great that you're already jumping into the activities.

message 24: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly | 2033 comments Welcome Shanna! It's nice to have a fellow Ontarion in the group!

message 25: by Mary Alice (new)

Mary Alice (mae8590) | 39 comments Hello! I'm Mary Alice, from Virginia, I just joined this site today and am looking forward to reading some great books with you all!

message 26: by Judy (new)

Judy (patchworkcat) | 5750 comments We look forward to reading with you, too, Mary Alice. Welcome!

message 27: by Judy (new)

Judy (patchworkcat) | 5750 comments Welcome to our group and back to reading, Brie. Jump right in and make yourself at home! :-)

message 28: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (JaMaSc) | 29885 comments Hi Mary Alice and Brie. Welcome!

message 29: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly | 2033 comments Welcome to the group Mary Alice and Brie :)

message 30: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (Lisathebooklover) | 8075 comments Hi everyone! I'm Lisa from the UK. Have just joined this book club, it sounds like such a good club! Am looking forward to discovering and reading some great books with you all.

message 31: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (JaMaSc) | 29885 comments Welcome Lisa! Looking forward to getting to know you.

message 32: by AmyK (new)

AmyK (Yakyma) | 1014 comments Welcome Lisa, Brie, and Mary Alice!

message 33: by Judy (new)

Judy (patchworkcat) | 5750 comments Welcome to our YLTO family, Lisa!

message 34: by jaxnsmom (new)

jaxnsmom | 8146 comments Welcome to our newest members!

Mary Alice! What part of Virginia are you in? I grew up in Lynchburg and lived in many other areas.

Hi Brie! We have a lot of fun reading here, but it's not always relaxing - it's stressful trying to read and chat at the same time! But having fun reading is our most important goal.

Hi Lisa! We read a great variety of books, so you're sure to find some new favorites.

message 35: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (JaMaSc) | 29885 comments To all our newcomers... I have just posted our 2013 year long challenge. Check it out here.

message 36: by Rusalka, Moderator (new)

Rusalka (Rusalkii) | 13001 comments Welcome everyone!

message 37: by Mary Alice (new)

Mary Alice (mae8590) | 39 comments jaxnsmom- hi! I actually live an hour and a half away from Lynchburg in south western VA. horrible little place lol bit hopefully I'm moving to Richmond or Williamsburg soon :)

message 38: by jaxnsmom (new)

jaxnsmom | 8146 comments Gaeta - I spent too many years in the Fairfax area, from Annandale to Alexandria to Arlandria to Seven Corners to Falls Church to Vienna to Merrifield. I then went beyond Pucellville to Winchester. There's a pick your own orchard in Purcellville that had the best white peaches! Also apples, peaches and a variety of berries, and a very strange woman working there :) Charlottesville isn't that far from Lynchburg, I used to visit a friend who was taking some classes at UVA.

message 39: by Ada (new)

Ada Bonnefoi (AdaBonnefoi) | 27 comments Hi everybody,

I am Ada. No idea what I am getting myself into with joining the group but it sure looks like fun. I am 22, originally from Malta but I have relocated myself to Oslo, Norway a year ago where I am living now. Actually I got here first working as an au-pair, and stayed. Now I am trying to decide what to do with my life lol Probably studying, no idea honestly. At first I need to polish my Norwegian, my language skills still suck.

I have made my Goodreads account yesterday, and I kid you not, after five minutes I had already my first message in my inbox. The first friend-request did not take much longer. Some guys are sure fast trying to pick up girls here :D

I read a wide range of books and I think I am open-minded enough not to dismiss anything, except Twilight, Harry Potter & 50 Shades of Grey. Now you can throw stones at me, bah. But what my taste in literature is exactly is anybody´s guess lol

message 40: by Judy (new)

Judy (patchworkcat) | 5750 comments Welcome, Ada. Have you checked out our Group Calendar? We are getting ready to launch into a yearly challenge beginning January 1st. You can read about it here.

Since you are discovering what you want to read you may enjoy our Monthly Group Theme Reads helpful. We also have a monthly challenge coming up January 1st where you pick a book to fit the criteria.

Like you so aptly noted, we have a lot of fun around here. I'm glad you are joining us!

message 41: by Rusalka, Moderator (new)

Rusalka (Rusalkii) | 13001 comments Welcome Ada! I'm slightly confused as I just posted a Norwegian link and then your message popped up... spooky! Huge change from Malta to Oslo but hopefully it suits you well (am very jealous as Norway has always been on my "to visit" list, it's just on the opposite end of the world to me).

It's amazing what happens on all social media sites with inboxes and messages, but here's hoping you enjoy this group as much as we do.

message 42: by Ada (new)

Ada Bonnefoi (AdaBonnefoi) | 27 comments Thanks Judy, I have not see the threads yet but I will take a look for sure. Seems like I have joined at the right time, with Jan 1st so close and spanking brand new challenges to join and participate in the group.

message 43: by Ada (new)

Ada Bonnefoi (AdaBonnefoi) | 27 comments Rusalka, haha, yes Norway is something like the other side of the world to my home country as well. And the climate sucks, I can tell you that much. It´s freezing cold over here but otherwise I love being in Oslo :)

message 44: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (JaMaSc) | 29885 comments Hi Ada! Welcome to the group. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

message 45: by jaxnsmom (new)

jaxnsmom | 8146 comments Welcome to the group Ada! I'm glad you decided to join us. You'll definitely find a variety of books to read, and a lot of fun.

message 46: by AmyK (new)

AmyK (Yakyma) | 1014 comments Hi Ada! Welcome to the group. I haven't seen many stones being thrown around here lately so you should be safe!

message 47: by Ada (new)

Ada Bonnefoi (AdaBonnefoi) | 27 comments Being late a bit, sorry, but thanks alot for all the lovely and warm welcoming comments. I truly enjoy being here :)

Amy, I do, I do, lots of lovely people here in the group and it is alot of fun to be a part of it. At least I hope I didnt annoy anyone already with my comments :D

message 48: by Judy (new)

Judy (patchworkcat) | 5750 comments We're glad to have you Ada, and are glad that you have jumped right in and have begun participating in the events. :-)

message 49: by Shannon (new)

Shannon Hi! I'm Shannon from NY. I've never been in a book club before but it looks like a lot of fun. :) I'm a book junkie; I always have one in hand. I'm looking forward to the challenges!

message 50: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (JaMaSc) | 29885 comments Hi Shannon! Welcome to You'll Love This One. You are just in time to start the year long challenge for 2013. The January challenge has also been announced. It's always great to have another book junkie join us.

« previous 1 3 4
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.