Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Connie Suttle
This topic is about Connie Suttle
Paranormal Romance > Help to find some similar books

Comments (showing 1-23 of 23) (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Linda (new)

Linda | 7 comments I love adult paranormal and urban fantasy, though there are not so many of them for adults.
Unfortunately, very many are too childish and plain, without good story behind.
I read most of the good books, but lately I finished books of Connie Suttle. Her 2 incredible series: Blood Destiny and High Demon.
At last something which have it all! I would appreciate if anybody will give me some other recommendation on similar books: for adults, where things are going on, or at least starts in our universe and in our time and which have more than 1-2 books in series.

message 2: by PNR lover (new)

PNR  lover | 430 comments Have you tried the dark hunter series?

message 3: by Linda (new)

Linda | 7 comments yes, I read it, thank you BJS.
I loved also Jane Yellowrock series as well. very original and standing out.
I read 99,9% of all the paranormal/urban series, but suddenly I discovered books of Connie Suttle. so, I thought maybe there are something else I missed.

message 4: by PNR lover (new)

PNR  lover | 430 comments What about Shannon k butchers series the sentinel warriors ?

message 5: by Linda (new)

Linda | 7 comments I did not read it and will give it a try. Thank you. Though this is not exactly what I like: here each book featuring a new character. I have been thinking more about series with the same main character.

message 6: by ~Thena~ (new)

~Thena~ (athena-nadine) | 63 comments I took a quick look at your shelves to see what you've read. If you've read these, forgive me. I didn't see them:

The Elemental Assassin series, by Jennifer Estep (currently 7 books and counting, all about the same main character)

The Guild Hunter series, by Nalini Singh (currently 5 books--the first three are about the same couple, the fourth and fifth are about different characters, the sixth (due out next year) will be about the original couple again)

The Night Huntress series, by Jeaniene Frost (currently 9 books in that world, six focused on the same main characters)

The Jane Jameson series, by Molly Harper (currently five books--the first four are all about Jane and the fifth is a spinoff about a side character)

The Charley Davidson series (currently four books and counting)

Hopefully some of these will be new to you. :)

Michelle(Chelle) aka Nightshade - Cake Whisperer (MichMag) What about the Riley Jensen series by Keri Arthur?

message 8: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (quill_n_ink) | 107 comments Dominion (Dominion, #1) by S.E. Lund Ascension (Dominion, #2) by S.E. Lund

Dominion by S.E. Lund. Dominion and Ascension are available now, Retribution to be released Dec. 11. (There may be a fourth book and/or a prequel, too.) Contemporary PNR (vampires), crime, suspense. Really a good read. And definitely adult.

message 9: by Sandy (new)

Sandy | 449 comments I didn't see these on your read shelf either

The Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs

The Harry Dresden series by Jim Butcher

The Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews isn't set in our time but is a series you might like

message 10: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (Iftcan) | 2652 comments Mod
What about the Chicagoland vamps series? Follows the same main character. Some Girls Bite

I second all 3 of Sandy's suggestions also.

And what about the Kitty Norville series?Kitty and the Midnight Hour

message 11: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (Savhage Temptrest) (SavhageTemptress) | 330 comments Try Seanan McGuire's October Days series or Ilona Andrews Kate Daniels and Edge series as these are adult urban fantasy with more than one book focusing on a main character(s).

Rosemary and Rue (October Daye, #1) by Seanan McGuire A Local Habitation (October Daye, #2) by Seanan McGuire An Artificial Night (October Daye, #3) by Seanan McGuire Late Eclipses (October Daye, #4) by Seanan McGuire One Salt Sea (October Daye, #5) by Seanan McGuire Ashes of Honor (October Daye, #6) by Seanan McGuire

Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1) by Ilona Andrews Magic Burns (Kate Daniels, #2) by Ilona Andrews Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels, #3) by Ilona Andrews Magic Bleeds (Kate Daniels, #4) by Ilona Andrews Magic Slays (Kate Daniels, #5) by Ilona Andrews

On the Edge (The Edge, #1) by Ilona Andrews Bayou Moon (The Edge, #2) by Ilona Andrews Fate's Edge (The Edge, #3) by Ilona Andrews Steel's Edge (The Edge, #4) by Ilona Andrews

message 12: by Linda (new)

Linda | 7 comments To Thena
Usually I read around 10-20 books a month and I am not very good to add them to my lists.
Thank you for your recommendations. I read most of the books you mentioned, but I added Jane Jameson to my list of books to read. I loved Charley Davidson series, but were a bit disappointed with her last book. I loved Jeaniene Frost series as well.
To Anissa.
Thanks. I bought yesterday the first book by S.E.Lund. I will give it a try
To Sandy.
Thank you. I read Mercy Thomson series and updated my list now (sorry, not very good in it). By some reasons, I did not like Kate Daniels at all, I tried to read it several times.
To Ann aka Itfcan.
Loved Chicagoland vampires series. Thank you. Kitty Norville. Read several first one, but dropped afterwards.
To Shannon.
Thank you. Read and loved October Days series. Can not wait till the next book.

message 13: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (quill_n_ink) | 107 comments Linda wrote: "To Anissa.
Thanks. I bought yesterday the first book by S.E.Lund. I will give it a try"

I do hope you enjoy Dominion! (Forgot to mention in my OP: this series follows the same characters - Eve, Michel and Julien. Ohhh, LOVE those twins!)

message 14: by ~Thena~ (new)

~Thena~ (athena-nadine) | 63 comments Linda wrote: "To Thena
Usually I read around 10-20 books a month and I am not very good to add them to my lists.
Thank you for your recommendations. I read most of the books you mentioned, but I added Jane Jameson to my list of books to read. I loved Charley Davidson series, but were a bit disappointed with her last book. I loved Jeaniene Frost series as well."

I figured you had probably read some of them, so I gave you a bunch. I'm glad there was something there you're interested in! I hope you enjoy the Jane Jameson series. I love them so much. They're so fun!

message 15: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (JenniferLarsen) I like the there series. Book 1 until the sun falls from the sky- book 2 with everything I am.... Can't wait for #3.

message 16: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin (Cait1204) | 54 comments Grave series - Kalayna Price
Shifters - Rachel Vincent
Cassie Palmer - Karen Chance
Immortals After Dark - Kresley Cole

message 17: by ★ʜɑʋɘɳ★ (new)

★ʜɑʋɘɳ★ (_-Haven-_) | 39 comments To anyone, that hasn't read much in UF/PNR, I'd recommend

1) The Fever Series by Karen Moning (To this day I still count this series as my absolute, all-time favorite - 5 books; slow building romance, but darn its worth waiting for + the characters are great + the writing is awesome + the world is fantastic + the plot is good)
2) The Kate Daniels Series by Ilona Andrews (Has the most kick-ass heroine ever!)
3) The Mercedes Thompson Series by Patricia Briggs

I loved all three series from the get-go.

message 18: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (Iftcan) | 2652 comments Mod
And with the Mercy series--you also need to read the "companion" series Alpha and Omega: Cry Wolf Volume One (it features some of the same characters and is in the same world--plus the last book in this series is going to have a major impact on the next Mercy book.)

message 19: by ★ʜɑʋɘɳ★ (new)

★ʜɑʋɘɳ★ (_-Haven-_) | 39 comments Ann aka Iftcan wrote: "And with the Mercy series--you also need to read the "companion" series Alpha and Omega: Cry Wolf Volume One (it features some of the same characters and is in the same world--plus the last book i..."
Oh yes, I second that. :) Also I really loved the romance in the Alpha&Omega series.

message 20: by Linda (new)

Linda | 7 comments loved the fever series, but, unfortunately, did not manage to read the kate daniels. tried several times, but did not like it

message 21: by Missyb (new)

Missyb | 493 comments maybe Pleasure Unbound (Demonica, #1) by Larissa Ione and Eternal Rider (Lords of Deliverance, #1) by Larissa Ione. The one series leads into the next and some characters carry over. It's demons, vampires, fae, wolfs, angels, grim reaper, both sides trying to bring about or avoid the apocalypse.

message 22: by Victoria (new)

Victoria (zEmfIrKa) I just finished Kiss of Steel (London Steampunk, #1) by Bec McMaster any recommendation for anything similar? Would greatly appreciate some advice. :) Thanks!

Paganalexandria  | 238 comments Jani wrote: "To anyone, that hasn't read much in UF/PNR, I'd recommend

1) The Fever Series by Karen Moning (To this day I still count this series as my absolute, all-time favorite - 5 books; slow building roma..."

I have to co-sign Jani's rec of the Fever series. Jericho Barrons is my favorite book boyfriend of all time.