Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

BOOK RECOMMENDATIONS > Should I Read this Book?

Comments (showing 1-50 of 109) (109 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27303 comments Here you can ask for advice from people who have read the book so that you can make a decision whether to read or not to read the book.

message 2: by Deepika (new)

Deepika (Deepika3) | 247 comments The Boy Who Sneaks in my Bedroom Window!
The Boy Who Sneaks in my Bedroom Window by Kirsty Moseley

Should I?

message 3: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27303 comments I read it and I liked it. Some people don't like it much, though. If you read it, you might find some scenes a bit annoying. lol...

message 4: by Ari (new)

Ari | 417 comments is Nevermore (Nevermore, #1) by Kelly Creagh good? Its suppose to be my "next to read book" but the cover is putting me off I think..D:

message 5: by Trisha, lives on coffee (last edited Nov 29, 2012 10:38PM) (new)

Trisha | 31379 comments lol I didn't think I would like it...I put it off for a really long time too...it just seemed so...cliche? I don't know

but I actually really liked it!
I don't know if it helps but here's my 2 cents :D

http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

message 6: by Deepika (new)

Deepika (Deepika3) | 247 comments Obsidian (Lux, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
I am dying to read this book.. The cover looks so awesome ... so are the ratings!
Is this book really awesome?

message 7: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27303 comments It's beyond awesome :) You'll love it too!

message 8: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (LadyBeccaBoo) Obsidian is GREAT! I put it off for a long time but am now in love with the series.

message 9: by Diana (new)

Diana | 618 comments Deepika wrote: "Obsidian (Lux, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
I am dying to read this book.. The cover looks so awesome ... so are the ratings!
Is this book really awesome?"

I was going to read that too. I have the book but I haven't actually read it went. Let's read it together!

message 10: by Deepika (last edited Dec 10, 2012 04:24AM) (new)

Deepika (Deepika3) | 247 comments I would love to!
I can start anytime :) When are u free?

message 11: by Diana (last edited Dec 10, 2012 04:42AM) (new)

Diana | 618 comments Not right away but I'll be able to read it this weekend or next week. What about u?

message 12: by Deepika (new)

Deepika (Deepika3) | 247 comments We can start it on friday or Saturday this week... What say?

message 13: by Diana (new)

Diana | 618 comments Let's start on Friday. You should make a post about it in the Buddy reads discussion!

message 14: by Deepika (last edited Dec 10, 2012 08:53AM) (new)

Deepika (Deepika3) | 247 comments Made it :)

Because of Low (Sea Breeze, #2) by Abbi Glines
How this book? I read the first one..And didnt like it that much...!

message 15: by Jojobean (new)

Jojobean | 675 comments I was thinking of reading Divergent by veronica Tory but I'm hesitating becuase the synopsis sounds a lot like the hunger games.

is this book similar to the hunger games or totally different?

p.s. I loved the hunger games

message 16: by Sabriena (new)

Sabriena Joanne♥~Bookworm Extraordinaire wrote: "I was thinking of reading Divergent by veronica Tory but I'm hesitating becuase the synopsis sounds a lot like the hunger games.

p..."

It does sound like Hunger Games however, I liked Divergent a whole lot more than Hunger Games and they really aren't similar except they're Dystopian. Definitely give it a go!

message 17: by Sabriena (new)

Sabriena Deepika wrote: "Made it :)

Because of Low (Sea Breeze, #2) by Abbi Glines
How this book? I read the first one..And didnt like it that much...!"

I quite enjoyed the books after Breathe in the Sea Breeze series. Because of Low was one of the better ones. Naturally, in Abbi Glines style they all have happy endings.

message 18: by Yoly (new)

Yoly | 696 comments The Host (The Host, #1) by Stephenie Meyer I like science fiction. I do not like the books of love, love, love. Never read Twilight (and I have no intention of doing so). The trailer for "The Host" I liked it, so I thought I'd give the book a chance. Should I?

message 19: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27303 comments I haven't read it yet, so I am not sure. But it is a pretty big book and I've heard it is pretty good.

message 20: by Diana (new)

Diana | 618 comments It actually is pretty good. It's not at all similar to Twilight. you should give it a try!

message 21: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (Totalwordjunkie) | 32 comments It can be slow moving, but Meyer's story themes work better in an alien genre than in a vampire genre. You'll love the way Melanie talks to Wanderer, I think. It's much better than the twilight books!

message 22: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31379 comments Yoly wrote: "The Host (The Host, #1) by Stephenie Meyer I like science fiction. I do not like the books of love, love, love. Never read Twilight (and I have no intention of doing so). The trailer for "The Host" I liked it, s..."

I really liked it, but the first 150-200 pages are really slow - while they build the story. So, if you start it, try to push through those slower pages! LOL!

message 23: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (Totalwordjunkie) | 32 comments Joanne♥~Bookworm Extraordinaire wrote: "I was thinking of reading Divergent by veronica Tory but I'm hesitating becuase the synopsis sounds a lot like the hunger games.

p..."

I wouldn't liken it to the hunger games, more Delirium or the Matched series. Although they're all distopian, Delirium and Matched have more of a brain-washing element, whereas hunger games it's pretty out in the open for everyone as to why the society is what it is. The other three trilogy's deal with the discovery of government secrets and how that leads to an uprising.

message 24: by Fatma (new)

Fatma Elbadry (superfatmah) | 57 comments so what about The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

message 25: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27303 comments Fatma wrote: "so what about The Book Thief by Markus Zusak"

Loved it! I read it awhile ago. It was sweet. Well sweet enough for a book based on holocaust.

message 26: by Yoly (new)

Yoly | 696 comments Joanne♥~Bookworm Extraordinaire wrote: "I was thinking of reading Divergent by veronica Tory but I'm hesitating becuase the synopsis sounds a lot like the hunger games.

p..."

I loved The Hunger games. And Divergent is really good too. I think the dystopia part of "The hunger Games" is better, but I liked more the love part of "Divergent".

message 27: by Yoly (new)

Yoly | 696 comments Thank you girls. I will read the book :)

message 28: by Caitlyn (new)

Caitlyn Should I read Hush Hush?

message 29: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27303 comments I loved it! If you are a bit into bad boys :) I'm going to read book 2 soon.

message 30: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31379 comments has anyone read When We Collide by A.L. Jackson?

I'm in love with this cover and I can't get the book from my library, so I'd have to buy it...

message 31: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (simplysarah13) | 315 comments City of Bones...?

message 32: by Abigail (new)

Abigail (amp5482yahoocom) | 54 comments The Boy in the Striped Pajamas

We are doing a holocust unit in english? Has anyone read this book?

message 33: by Abigail (new)

Abigail (amp5482yahoocom) | 54 comments here is the book The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne

message 34: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31379 comments I have! out of all the holocaust books, I thought that one was very very powerful.

I would recommend it.

message 35: by Abigail (new)

Abigail (amp5482yahoocom) | 54 comments Ok is it scary or descriptive?

message 36: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31379 comments no, it's a great story - told from a very different perspective.

the ending is shocking. so try not to read any reviews that give away the end.

it's part of the point of the story.

message 37: by Abigail (new)

Abigail (amp5482yahoocom) | 54 comments Thx so much!! I will start reading it!!!

message 38: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31379 comments :) let me know what you think when you're done!

I really hope you like it!

message 39: by Angela (new)

Angela | 17787 comments I really liked it. I agree with Trisha on the ending. The whole book is pretty heartbreaking.

message 40: by Abigail (new)

Abigail (amp5482yahoocom) | 54 comments Thx!! I will

message 41: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Abigail wrote: "The Boy in the Striped Pajamas

We are doing a holocust unit in english? Has anyone read this book?"

I saw the movie...have wanted to read the book for the longest time but haven't gotten around to it. Once you finish let me know your thoughts on it:D

message 42: by Abigail (new)

Abigail (amp5482yahoocom) | 54 comments Ok

message 43: by Abigail (new)

Abigail (amp5482yahoocom) | 54 comments Ok I finished the book. It was reallly good and was heart breaking. But i do not understand it. I have read the ending a few times but still do not understand it. Could you please explain this those who have read the boy in striped Pajamas. The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne

message 44: by Trisha, lives on coffee (last edited Mar 27, 2013 03:17PM) (new)

Trisha | 31379 comments the ending....

(view spoiler)

does that help? let me know if you have any other questions!
I'm glad you liked it!

message 45: by Abigail (new)

Abigail (amp5482yahoocom) | 54 comments So the boy was killed?? So was his friend?? All the people in the room were killed?

message 46: by Angela (new)

Angela | 17787 comments Abigail wrote: "So the boy was killed?? So was his friend?? All the people in the room were killed?"

In the gas chambers, yeah.

message 47: by Abigail (new)

Abigail (amp5482yahoocom) | 54 comments Oh wow sad

message 48: by Mercy (new)

Mercy Cortez (mercy-cortez) | 31 comments Trisha wrote: "Yoly wrote: "The Host (The Host, #1) by Stephenie Meyer I like science fiction. I do not like the books of love, love, love. Never read Twilight (and I have no intention of doing so). The trailer for "The Host" ..."

Totally agree, at first it is a mind boggle but it gets so awesome and kept me guessing every page, one of my favourites!

message 49: by Abigail (new)

Abigail (amp5482yahoocom) | 54 comments Has anyone read this book

Out of My Mind by Sharon M. Draper

It is really good so far

message 50: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Abigail wrote: "Has anyone read this book

Out of My Mind by Sharon M. Draper

It is really good so far"

I have! I enjoyed it!

« previous 1 3