What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Suggest books for me > Multiple ending/mix & match chapters

Comments (showing 1-11 of 11) (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shana (new)

Shana | 5 comments This is a type a book, not necessarily any specific title/author where at the end of each chapter there are instructions to jump to page _ or to page _. Each leads to a different path for the story. What I want to know is the title or author of any such book. Or if these kind of books have a general name...
Thanks

message 2: by Lobstergirl, sniffing Sharpies (new)

Lobstergirl | 20704 comments Mod
The Cave of Time from the "Choose Your Own Adventure" series.

message 3: by Shana (new)

Shana | 5 comments Thank you!

message 4: by inaword (new)

inaword (ReaderOfThings) | 83 comments There's the Choose Your Own Adventure series, and R. L. Stine wrote a couple of Goosebumps books like that called Give Yourself Goosebumps

message 5: by Andria (last edited Nov 01, 2012 09:26PM) (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2030 comments Mod
Also, Liz Ruckdeschel has a contemporary teen romance series called Choose Your Destiny that follows the same format.

message 6: by Shana (new)

Shana | 5 comments Wow this is really great! Very helpful, thanks so much!

message 7: by Shanna_redwind (new)

Shanna_redwind | 853 comments A phrase that's used to describe this type of book sometimes is interactive fiction, and there's quite a few different series out there, though most of them are from the 1980's and early 1990's

A few others are:
Find Your Fate
Endless Quest

If you'd like to add another twist to the multiple storylines, there are quite a few series that use dice or coins to add an element of chance to battles and other events.

A few of these are:
Fighting Fantasy (the most known)
Lone Wolf
Wizards and Warriors
Grail Quest
Super Endless Quest
Crossroads (these are in established fictional worlds)
The Way of the Tiger
Freeway Warrior
Tolkien Quest or Middle Earth Quest

message 8: by Liralen (new)

Liralen | 681 comments It's been a while, but if you're still looking, there's also Cinderella: Ninja Warrior (and Sleeping Beauty: Vampire Slayer) and Lost in Austen: Create Your Own Jane Austen Adventure.

message 9: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Crews | 4 comments I believe some were also called "Which Way" books. I LOVED these as a kid, but had to know what the other choices would have dealt my fate, so I numbered each decision page with bookmarks so I could go back one decision at a time to explore the alternatives!

message 10: by Liralen (new)

Liralen | 681 comments Carolyn, I did the same thing! I'd take a zillion strips of paper, number them, and go through every single possible combination...

message 11: by Joseph (new)

Joseph  (BlueManticore) | 397 comments I remember these sort of books being called "Pick a Path" books, also.