The Witchlings Coven discussion

Book Challenge > November Challenge

Comments (showing 1-17 of 17) (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (last edited Oct 30, 2012 03:21PM) (new)

Lisa Vazquezanzua (LisaVaz) | 87 comments Mod
Hello All

Lisa and I would like to welcome everyone to our first book challenge. Since we are going to do one every month we have decided to start with November. Ten books will be the challenge!!! We know with life things happen whether you have children, a job or just basic life (extended family, friends) so we made up levels so everyone can be involved. However, for those few who read more than 10 a month we are adding a bonus.

Starts: November 1
Ends: November 30

LEVELS:
Apprentice 3 Books
Witch or Warlock 6 Books 
Healer 7 Books 
Priestess/Prince 9 Books
Queen Witch/King Warlock 10 Books

November is a busy month and we have 10 challenges not including the ABC’s to get everyone busy.

1. Day of the Dead is November 2: Please choose a book that deals with the undead, whether it is a ghost, vampire, zombie.

2. Since November is a popular month for our armed service people all over the world please choose one:
A- US Marine Corps Birthday is November10: Pick a Book that has the main character as a marine or on the cover (yummy alpha male)
B- Veterans Day is November 11: Pick a book to read that has a veteran as a character or on the cover.
C- Election Day is November 6: Choose a book that deals with politics, character that is a president or has the president on the cover.
D- November is Aviation History Month: Please choose a book that has an airplane on the cover, the location is in a plane or the history of airplanes.

3. Red Planet Day is November 28: Choose a red planet on the cover or a book that has aliens involved (beam me up scotty).

4. Young Readers Day is November 8: Read a YA book.

5. Sadie Hawkins Day is November 15: Read a book that has an alpha female on the cover or as a main character.

6. November is known for (choose one):
A- Stop the violence Day is November 22: Read a book that has a character stopping or preventing violence.
B- World Kindness Day is November 13: Read a book about random acts of kindness.
C- World Peace Day is November 17: Read a book about Peace or peaceful intentions.
D- World Hello Day is November 21: Read a book with a smiling face on the cover.

7. November is Peanut Butter Lover month: Read a book that really sticks to you or is memorable.

8. We can't celebrate November without mentioning Thanksgiving (Turkey Day) or Native American Heritage Month: (Choose one)
A- Read a book where the main character acts like a turkey.
B- Read a book with a bird on the cover.
C- Choose a book that the main character is thankful.
D- Choose a book with Native American people as
characters.
E- Choose a book that involves the history of Native American people.
F- Read a book that has a Native American on the cover
Just a side note you can involve more than one ABC :-)

9. Call in well day is November 30: Pick a book that has an employer as the main character or the location is at a workplace.

10. Last but definitely not least WITCHES: read a book about witches...

11. BONUS BOOK!!! If you have read all 10 books and you want to continue AWESOME!!! However if you have been having issues with 1 of the 10 you can substitute them for this bonus book. Thank you!!!

message 2: by Dena (last edited Nov 13, 2012 04:54PM) (new)

Dena (Detours27) | 38 comments Mod
Lisa wrote: "Hello All

Lisa and I would like to welcome everyone to our first book challenge. Since we are going to do one every month we have decided to start with November. Ten books will be the challenge!!..."

I am in for Queen Witch!

I read 9/11

1. A Book with the undead: Room With A View by Kylie Scott

2. B--A Veteran as a character: Memories by Deanna Lynn Sletten

3. A Book with a red planet cover: Crimson Moon by Christine Michels

4. A YA book: Just For Now by Abbi Glines

5. A book with an alpha female: Iced by Karen Marie Moning

6. A--A book that prevents or stops violence: Collide by Shelly Crane

7. A book that is memorable: Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet by Darynda Jones

8. D & F- A book with a Native American people on the cover and as characters:Medicine Man's Affair by Doreen Owens Malek

9. A book has a workplace location: Checkmate (Neighbor From Hell)By R.L. Mathewson

10. A book that involves witches: Blood Moon by Amanda Turner

11. Bonus Book: In the band by Jean Haus

In the Band by Jean HausBlood moon (The Witchlings, #2) by Amanda TurnerCheckmate (A Neighbor from Hell, #3) by R.L. MathewsonFourth Grave Beneath My Feet (Charley Davidson, #4) by Darynda JonesIced (Dani O'Malley, #1) by Karen Marie MoningJust for Now (Sea Breeze #4) by Abbi GlinesRoom With a View Hot Down Under by Kylie ScottMemories by Deanna Lynn SlettenCollide (Collide, #1) by Shelly Crane

message 3: by Laura (new)

Laura | 7 comments I'll go with level Queen Witch/King Warlock

1. Day of the Dead is November 2 -
2. US Marine Corps Birthday is November 10 -
3. Red Planet Day is November 28 -
4. Young Readers Day is November 8 -
5. Sadie Hawkins Day is November 15 -
6. Stop the violence Day is November 22 -
7. November is Peanut Butter Lover month -
8. We can't celebrate November without mentioning Thanksgiving (Turkey Day) or Native American Heritage Month -
9. Call in well day is November 30 -
10. Last but definitely not least WITCHES -

message 4: by Lisa (new)

Laura wrote: "I'll go with level Queen Witch/King Warlock

4. Young Readers Day is November 8 -..."

Awesome Laura!! Thank you so much for participating in the November Book Challenge!!
Will you be posting your list of books? I think I'll be putting mine on here like Dena did, today. This really will be a lot of fun!!

message 5: by Lisa (last edited Nov 03, 2012 11:08PM) (new)

I'm going for the Queen Witch!!
Here is my list of books:

1.) Alice in Zombieland (White Rabbit Chronicles, #1) by Gena Showalter Alice in Zombieland

2.) A for Argonaut by Michael J. Stedman A for Argonaut

3.) Obsidian (Lux, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Obsidian

4.) The Door in the Sky by Sandy Klein Bernstein The Door in the Sky

5.) First Grave on the Right (Charley Davidson, #1) by Darynda Jones First Grave on the Right

6.) Haven't found one yet

7.) Seduction and Snacks (Chocolate Lovers, #1) by Tara Sivec Seduction and Snacks

8.) An Indian Affair by Doreen Owens Malek An Idian Affair

9.) Bewitching the Werewolf by Caroline Hanson Bewitching the Werewolf

10.) Blood moon (The Witchlings, #2) by Amanda Turner Blood Moon

11.) The Faerie Ring (The Faerie Ring, #1) by Kiki Hamilton Faerie Ring
My bonus book

message 6: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Turner (amandaturner06) | 79 comments Mod
i'm going to go for 3, although i will aim higher.

1. Fall From Grace YA book
2.Demons Forever witch book
3.Breaking Dawn most memorable book

Fab idea ladies!

message 7: by Lisa (new)

Hi Amanda!! I'm so happy you will be joining the book challenge!!

message 8: by Dena (new)

Oooooh Amanda, love your choices!!! Good luck can't wait to read your review on saving grace.

Thank you!

message 9: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 18 comments Right now I'm reading
Autumn The City by David Moody (that would be the zombie book) and
Crux by Julie Reece(that would be the YA book)
Pride and Prejudice  by Jane Austen I have just finished for the 20th time or so (that would be my book most memorable)

I've got more book to read, but they won't fall within this challenge lol

message 10: by Dena (new)

Even if your books don't follow our challenge post anyways. We are interested in what everyone is reading

Thank you

message 11: by Sandra (last edited Nov 05, 2012 07:53AM) (new)

Sandra | 18 comments Well, I've still got Angelfall and the first three of the mortal instruments to read. It's pretty hard to get english/american books in the Netherlands. :) I love these topics so I can add more books to my list. Every book I read I own haha. My collection is expending rapidly lol

message 12: by Lisa (new)

Avalon wrote: "Well, I've still got Angelfall and the first three of the mortal instruments to read. It's pretty hard to get english/american books in the Netherlands. :) I love these topics so I can add more boo..."

You know me and Dena are getting some of the books for the contest for free on amazon.com so thats an idea for you if you need other books for the contest.

message 13: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Turner (amandaturner06) | 79 comments Mod
OMG OMG OMG Here is my review of Fall from Grace.

http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

Fall From Grace (Mad World, #1) by Christine Zolendz

message 14: by Laura (new)

Laura | 7 comments Lisa wrote: "Laura wrote: "I'll go with level Queen Witch/King Warlock

4. Young Readers Day i..."

I'll post as i go :) but its fun to plan what to read :)

message 15: by Dena (new)

Hey Laura

Good idea!! I did that before and it was easier for me to keep track by posting as I go. Now I have to change books if I find another book that's better. Good luck

message 16: by Lisa (new)

Dena wrote: "Even if your books don't follow our challenge post anyways. We are interested in what everyone is reading

Thank you"

I totally agree with you Dena!! I love to hear of other books that I might not of thought of.

message 17: by Lisa (new)

Amanda wrote: "OMG OMG OMG Here is my review of Fall from Grace.

http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

Fall From Grace (Mad World, #1) by Christine Zolendz"

Really??!! I'm going to give it a try then! It sounds like a really good book from your review. If you know of more great books let us know, me and Dena are always looking for books that others have read.