Start by marking “Fall From Grace (Mad World, #1)” as Want to Read:
Fall From Grace (Mad World, #1)

Fall From Grace

(Mad World #1)

3.99  ·  Rating details ·  23,682 ratings  ·  1,458 reviews
I'm finally home after struggling through my brother's illness and death. But, home is definitely a bit different. My best friend (the only person alive now that knows my secret) has a new boyfriend; and he has a friend. Shane Maxton: bad boy, tattooed rock god, eye candy extraordinaire. He is also New York City's most arrogant, self-serving, son of a, well, a definite one ...more
Kindle Edition, 2nd Edition, 317 pages
Published July 22nd 2012 by DarkRoadDesigns

To ask other readers questions about Fall From Grace, please sign up.
Priya check out Beautiful disaster and walking disaster by Jamie McGuire, they are awesome. And they have a similar story line as well.
Thoughtless by S.C. StephensEffortless by S.C. StephensThe Mighty Storm by Samantha TowleBackstage Pass by Olivia CunningRock Hard by Olivia Cunning
Epic Rockstar Stories
635 books — 2,187 voters
Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesHopeless by Colleen HooverThe Fault in Our Stars by John GreenDivergent by Veronica Roth
Best Book Boyfriends
8,903 books — 27,758 voters

More lists with this book...

·  23,682 ratings  ·  1,458 reviews

Start your review of Fall From Grace (Mad World, #1)
"That's All" Ash
Mar 13, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ehh
 photo 1pfO19S.gif

You know what?

If you’re going to make a sexy character… make them sexy as hell.

If you’re going to make a badass heroine… make her fucking badasss.

If you’re wanting to tell an intriguing story… THEN MAKE IT INTRIGUING!

But don’t waste my time.

This book?

This “book” wasted my time.

And that pisses me off.

photo tumblr_m89dpiiHHO1r66u20o1_500.gif
Aestas Book Blog
Jul 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!

A rock-star romance with a paranormal twist!

I totally loved this book!! It grabbed a hold of me and I didn't want to put it down for a second!

The sexual tension, the banter, the twists, the one-liners, the characters - everything about this book was awesome!

Reeling from the death of her brother, Grace goes home to her best friend who drags her out to a bar where she meets Shane - a deliciously gorgeous, tattooed, rock god guitarist/singer who, despite his man-whoring reputation, she
Blacky *Romance Addict*
Jun 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Blacky *Romance Addict* by: Vishous * suit me up & tie me down *

Well I hope so!

*keeping fingers crossed*

This is a story of two soulmates trying to find each other...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I have to say that I'm really surprised I enjoyed this book so much, and I am uber-excited about the other two books, especially Shane's POV! OMG I can't wait!!!

The story

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

In this book we get Grace's POV, and slowly learn about her past, who she is, and who she's looking for.

After the death of her brother, Grace goes to her best friend Lea, the only person in the world who knows her secret.
There sh
Ailyne
Oct 07, 2012 rated it liked it
Alrigh! Alright! Alright!...That had to be the most erotic book I have read in a while...AND IT DOESNT EVEN HAVE SEX IN IT!

Lets start off with the one character that has caused all women to lose their ovaries. Shane. SHANE-FREAKING-PERFECT-GOD-WHO-I-WANT-TO-DIP-IN-CHOCOLATE-AND-DEVOUR! Too bad I will never be able to bare children...my ovaries are no longer in existence...and I'm willing to bet my fallopian tubes went right along with them.

So this book is about this girl named Grace
Seena Seena
Aug 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Seena Seena by: Merita
Shelves: my-fav-s
"She is a mortal danger to all men, She is beautiful without knowing it & possesses charm that she's not even aware of. She is like a trap set by nature a sweet perfumed rose in whose petals Cupid lurks in ambush. Anyone who has seen her smile has known perfection, She instills grace in every common thing & divinity in every careless gesture. Venus in her shell was never so lovely & Diana in the forest never so graceful as you"

EVERYONE STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING READING!

And make your way and
Duchess Nicole
2.5 Stars (that last half star is for the parts in between 60-90%)
Don't hate me!!!!!!!

Miss for me, for the most part. I almost stopped reading this one, in fact. My rule of thumb for dnf is that I must wait until I hit the 65% mark. If I still can't stand it enough by then and I'm able to skip the last 35% of the book, then it really isn't holding my interest. And I still feel justified rating and reviewing a book that I finished that big a chunk of. However, this one improved enough at about th
Alexis *Reality Bites*
Spoiler Free Review -A MUST READ
4.5 STARS out of 5
Genre: Paranormal Romance/Fantasy-Contemporary Romance

'He was perfection. I couldn’t even have matched an adjective to him if I’d tried, but perfect would be the closest fit, and it still wasn’t good enough to describe him.' ~Grace

Grace has been gone six months and now after her brother Jacob's death it's time to return home to New York city and her best friend Lea. Besides Jacob, Lea is the only one that knows who Grace really is. A secret Grac
DW
Apr 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mad-world
5 stars because I AM IN LOVE WITH SHANE MAXTON. I can not believe how much I loved Fall From Grace. There was no stopping once I started.

The only thing that I can say without spoiling it is Shane and Grace are both so frustratingly stubborn but I was cheering for them. The banter between the two was perfect. They are perfect together but they are both too stubborn to see it.

Shane is a rockstar covered in tattoos and oozes sexiness. He gets around but when he meets Grace, he knows that she's th
Karen
Aug 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
[image error]  photo images-5.jpg

This one snuck up on me!!!! Great story!!!!!! AND with a TWIST of PNR!!!!!!! Oh... and did I mention, I'm in LOVE with Shane Maxton!!!!!

"Did my heart love till now? Forswear it sight, for I ne'er saw true beauty 'til this night," he murmured." ..."Shakespeare," I whispered.

Grace is a beautiful girl who just lost the last of her family. The story opens with her brother dying from cancer, at a hospice he's been in for the last six months. He was all she had left, as her paren
Christy
Oct 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars! Couldn’t put this one down! SO glad I can start this second one... it left me wanting more!!!

”She is a mortal danger to all men. She is beautiful without knowing it, and possesses charms that she’s not even aware of. She is like a trap set by nature- a sweet perfumed rose in whose petals Cupid lurks in ambush! Anyone who has seen her smile has known perfection. She instills grace in every common thing and divinity in every careless gesture. Venus in her shell was never so lovely, and Di
Erin
HOLY SWEET MOTHER OF ALL DELECTABLE SEXUAL TENSION WITH A HEAPING SIDE OF INCREDIBLE, HEART-STOPPING ROMANTIC TORTURE!!! My heart is beating out of my chest right now from the cliffhanger to shame all cliffhangers, but I must somehow get this review done before I get myself so far into the sequel Saving Grace that they start to mesh together! Five stars??!! Not nearly enough!!

First off, a standing ovation, high five, hand over the award now "Woot, woot!!" to Christine Zolendz for this absolutely
Kristy Mills
Wow this was soOOO GOOD!!! So I bought this book and thought I would just read the first chapter or two before going to bed. This was around midnight. The next thing I know, my room is getting brighter and the birds are chirping and it's time to wake the kids up for school!

Photobucket

Great, now I have a day of THIS to look forward to...

Photobucket

BUT FIRST, I had to finish the book. So I got the kids up, got them on the bus and read the last few pages... can you believe that?! I only had a couple pages left.
Georgia ♥
4+ Angels Among Us Stars

description

In the beginning of time, before the world becomes old, God was merciful and vengeful, at the same time and angels were still pure. A small band of them was stationed on Earth to help the humans, but they were corrupted. They fell in love with the women and they gave birth to abominations. The giants, the Nephelim. There were no other choice. God punished them. They fell from grace and they were imprisoned in hell. And their human women were punished along them. But, ther
Rachel Reads Ravenously
DNF at 33%

I'm just not connecting with these characters at all. I can see though why it was so popular when it came out at the beginning of the new adult craze. Interesting concept but the writing style is not to my reading tastes.

Mo
Jul 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Don’t read PNR, don’t really like PNR. Thought this was a contemporary book – really liked it. Loved the 2 characters. Loved the storyline. There was absolutely NO SEX in this book and I still loved it. Looking forward to the next one in the series.

It's just me Shelly B
Aug 31, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommended to It's just me Shelly B by: Vishous
Grace has been searching for her long lost love and I mean looooonnnnnggggg lost love.......for.......get this 1000's of years.

Yea there's a little paranormal twist with this book.....lucky for me because I like PNR:))

So she's searched and still searching saving herself for her true love but, and here's the catch, she doesn't know what he looks like now. Damn gotta hate that.

So every time she tries to get close to a guy something just pulls her back and she can't follow through with it.

She moves
Jen
Jun 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book was a pleasant surprise for me..First of all, I obviously do not pay much attention..I thought this was a Contemporary Romance, and instead, slowly I started to figure out there was some kind of paranormal aspects to this story. The full story of who Grace is takes its time being revealed, so I was constantly trying to figure things out in my brain!! This added a pleasant mystery for me, as well as keeping me on my toes! The whole book kept me entertained, and it had a bunch of factors ...more
Dilek VT
Feb 09, 2018 rated it it was ok
Although the plot of the eternal love between a fallen angel and a lost soul was promising, the execution of the plot was not a success, unfortunately :(

You can read my full review in Book 2.

P.S. Book 1 & 2 are from the heroine's point of view; Book 3 tells all the same story from the hero's point of view. Maybe, if the story had been written in dual point of view from the very beginning, it would have made much more sense.

Now, after the disappointment of
Sam
Aug 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I can’t even say how much I loved this book. It was like Beautiful Disaster meets Thoughtless meets Supernatural. Can you get any better than that? Okay, so Travis, Kellan, Sam and Dean aren’t featured in the book (how cool would THAT be???) but you get my point. I started reading it when I got home from work and the rest of the evening went like this:

Heathen Childeren: “Mom”
Me: “Reading”
HC: “What’s for dinner”
M: “Reading”
HC: “Mom, seriously I am starved, what is for dinner”
M: “Seriously, are yo
• Lisa •
Oct 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
5 'I am in love with this story' stars.

I don't know how I will write a review with the ending I've just experienced my poor, poor book heart. Angels, immortality, love, heart ache, I've not got words to give this book justice ... But here are some Lisa thoughts.

I've not really had a huge experience of reading paranormal romance, but after having a recommendation i'm glad I gave this book my attention, I 100% enjoyed and fell in LOVE with this GORGEOUS story.

It was a real mixed bag of emotions an
AJ
OH MY GOD, THIS BOOK IS AMAZING!!!!!

It’s 2.45am and I’ve just finished this book after reading it in one sitting. I absolutely could not put it down. Fantastic banter, sarcastic humour and EPIC angst and sexual tension, there's also a strong supernatural element to things just to make things extra interesting. I was glued from start to finish, and my heart pounded pretty much all the way through. I’m so freaking excited that I can’t even write a proper review, just a quick gush.

Grace is not your
Lauren (Sugar & Snark)
Oct 22, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: disappointing
DNF
Here is the thing. I hardly ever DNF and can probably count on one hand the times I have given up on a book and I feel a little presumptuous rating it considering I read a little less than 50% of it. So please let me explain myself.

HONESTLY I JUST COULD'NT DO IT ANY MORE!
 photo shootmyself_zps0a5d24b0.gif

I have read a lot of books with editing and grammar issue and have always overlooked them. But this book takes it to a whole other level! It also doesn't help that I found everything (and I actually mean this literally) a
Kellie Maddox-Ward
Photobucket

SERIOUSLY PEOPLE! This book is AMAZING!!

On Amazon
It's $1.50 so don't be tight asses!
-I actually picked this up for free a while ago, I can't believe it sat there for so long! I'm kicking myself! CAN U BELIEVE IT?!
What $1.50 when you can be reading awesomeness!
The perfect blend of contemporary romance mixed with paranormal..

oh and did I mention:
Not only is the cover hot!
Shane is HAAWWTT!!!
Grace is kick-ass
Lea is hysterical
Connor is swoonworthy
The band are amazing
Tucker- well he's a dum
Ashleyjo
Jan 24, 2016 rated it did not like it
I had mad love for this author's "Here's To Falling" book ... It's actually one of my few five star books. So, when I saw "Mad World" series box set was now free on KU, I jumped!

I'm immediately interested in the para storyline here. What I'm not interested in is this fMC.

Seriously, this can't be the same author that wrote "Here's To Falling." It just can't be!?!?

By chapter two, I know that if I was in the presence of the fMC for more than 5 seconds...

description

Bad shit would happen and shallow graves
Annie Brewer
Holy shitballs angel...hot damn!!! What a cliffhanger from hell! Thank God I have the next one on my nook loaded and waiting for me. Shit! OMG, what a great story! I truly loved it. And Shane...oh Shane you sly dog you. I knew it! I knew what you were!!! I knew it I knew it I knew it I knew it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so freakin ecstatic. And holy bloody damn hot sex that scene in the car was off the charts. Jesus Christ, I was a littl ...more
Tough Critic Book Reviews
This review has me stumped! Yes, the girl who can't stop words (usually inappropriate) from flying out of her mouth has been stumped! Shee-it! I'm even referring to myself in third person. I may have even read some other people's reviews thinking maybe they would tell me how I should feel! So how do I feel??

It was good damn it!!! Let's just get that out of the way right now! I picked it up and didn't put it down until I was finished. So why am I humping the leg of indifference??? The pacing was
Mistress
Oct 22, 2012 rated it really liked it

"How you look doesn't change what's in your soul."

Oh my... This book was good! I absolutely LOVED the amount of angst in Fall From Grace. I'm so happy to read about a female lead that is strong, witty, funny, and intelligent. I love Grace!

Her story is heartbreaking and so romantic. Shane is strong, sexy, talented, and hard, but under that hardness is a soft, broken heart.

I loved the twists in this book and the author's inventiveness. The ending has me on the edge of my seat. I can't wait t
Dilushani Jayalath
I am so freaking excited to start this book!!!!!!!!

*Edit*

Actual Ratings=5+++++++ rocking stars!!!

Oh my god. Like seriously, what did I just read?????I haven't liked a book like this in a looooooong time. This book was just, awesome. No other words to explain it.

This was such a beautiful book. Maybe that's not the perfect word I'l use to describe it. Rather this was such a fucking hot book. Like the sexual tension in this book was so high I just wanted them to just get into bed and get it over w
ZeniaRA
OH. MY. GOD!
I am speechless, this book was BRILLIANT - and it was EXACTLY what I needed to satisfy my Beautiful Disaster cravings!

Favorite quote: “I wake up with you as the last thought in my dreams. I dream about your lips, the smell of your skin and hair, and the freaking fire that burms inside of me to be inside you. I want to bury myself inside you and never climb out, my sweet death. Grace, I'm fucking in love with you."

description

My mind is blank! I loved this book so much and it is definitely ranked
Lise *friends don't flag*
I loved this book. I could not put it down and I did not mind the ending as I am so excited to read the next book. The story had enough "rock star" bad boy feel, angsty misunderstanding, sexual tension, and paranormal mystery to hook me in and take me under for a page turning ride. Yes, I think it did have a bit of BD, Thoughtless and a little Providence vibe going, but for me it also had a little "The Opportunist" feeling as well. ...more

• Existence (Existence, #1)
  • Predestined (Existence, #2)
  • Significance (Significance, #1)
  • Devour (Devoured, #1)
  • Ceaseless (Existence, #3)
  • Sweet Peril (Sweet, #2)
  • Flight (The Crescent Chronicles, #1)
  • Sweet Evil (Sweet, #1)
  • Independence (Significance, #4)
  • Defiance (Significance, #3)
  • Accordance (Significance, #2)
  • Inescapable (The Premonition, #1)
  • Saving Angel (Divisa, #1)
  • Sweet Reckoning (Sweet, #3)
  • Burn (Dark in You, #1)
  • Becoming Alpha (Alpha Girl, #1)
  • Anew (The Archers of Avalon, #1)
  • Dominic (Slater Brothers, #1)
USA Today bestselling romance author. Mother. Coffee drinker. Unicorn believer. New Yorker.
Books and writing are my escape from reality.
Read Me Free Here:
bit.ly/ChrisZo

Mad World (3 books)
  • Saving Grace (Mad World, #2)
  • Scars and Songs (Mad World, #3)