Aussie Lovers of Crime/Mystery/Thriller/Suspense discussion

Tess Gerritsen
This topic is about Tess Gerritsen
Authors/Books/Series > Tess Gerritsen

Comments (showing 1-22 of 22) (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brenda, Suspense lover! (new)

Brenda | 6145 comments Mod
Another of my favourites is Tess Gerritsen. She has an amazing talent, and I love all her work. How many of you read Tess?

My last read of hers was Body Double which was excellent!

Body Double (Rizzoli & Isles, #4) by Tess Gerritsen

message 2: by Michael (new)

Michael (knowledgelost) I've never read a Tess Gerritsen novel

message 3: by Brenda, Suspense lover! (new)

Haven't you Michael....perhaps you should challenge yourself to do so...

If you do, start with the beginning of a series:)

message 4: by Michael (new)

Michael (MichaelSwensson) | 410 comments My favorite's of hers are Vanish, The Silent Girl and her latest one Last to Die.

message 5: by Yuliya (last edited Oct 26, 2012 07:56AM) (new)

Yuliya (Yuliyalovestoread) | 27 comments Body Double and The Keepsake was very good. I will have to came back to her books soon!

message 6: by Brenda, Suspense lover! (new)

Both great ones Yuliya, and Michael, the only one I haven't read yet out of your favs is Last to Die...I have it here so will hopefully get to it soon.

message 7: by Michael (new)

Michael (MichaelSwensson) | 410 comments You need to read it soon Brenda as it's a great read. :)

message 8: by Brenda, Suspense lover! (new)

I've got it down to read in the November challenge Michael, in my reducing TBR section:) So when I get rid of the ones I need to read for the library, I'll read that one:)

message 9: by Mish (new)

Mish | 270 comments I've not read one of her books either but would like to give it a go. Do her books need to be read in any order or are they all stand alone?

I was thinking of starting off with Vanish

message 10: by Mish (new)

Mish | 270 comments Oh maybe not...that's #5

message 11: by Michael (new)

Michael (MichaelSwensson) | 410 comments No not really even though some character's do come in from previous books Mish. Handy tip though do not watch the TV show as it is very bad. :D

message 12: by Mish (last edited Oct 27, 2012 04:46AM) (new)

Mish | 270 comments Okay Thanks Michael I'll give Vanish a go.

No I won't bother with the TV show then. I'd rather read the books :)

message 13: by Michael (new)

Michael (MichaelSwensson) | 410 comments Vanish would be a toss up as my favorite in series. Not that the rest aint good just it was a real standout for me. :)

message 14: by Brenda, Suspense lover! (last edited Oct 27, 2012 04:10PM) (new)

My opinion differs from yours Michael...I would start at the beginning to get to know the characters. I find it's better that way, though they can be read on their own as well. Totally up to the individual... (Of course in saying that, I didn't start at the beginning, as I didn't realize they were a series then!)

She does have some stand-alone novels, but the Rizzoli & Isles series is definitely the best:)

message 15: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (butbooksarebetter) | 40 comments Just finished Last to Die and it was really good - my favourite however is still Ice Cold, which can be read as a stand-alone novel as it contains all the info the reader needs.
Does the TV show screen in Australia? I've never heard of it ....

message 16: by Michael (new)

Michael (MichaelSwensson) | 410 comments It does Heidi. I can't remember of the top of my head what channel it's on but from what i have seen it's not very good. Glad you enjoyed Last to Die and what about the twist at the end with Nicholas Clock. Didn't see that one coming.

message 17: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (butbooksarebetter) | 40 comments Michael wrote: "It does Heidi. I can't remember of the top of my head what channel it's on but from what i have seen it's not very good. Glad you enjoyed Last to Die and what about the twist at the end with Nicho..."

I didn't either - was a very clever twist!

message 18: by Michael (new)

Michael (MichaelSwensson) | 410 comments For anyone who is interested Rizzoli & Isles tv series is on Gem(90) tonight at 8:30. Like i have said it doesn't really impress me but some may like it. :)

message 19: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (butbooksarebetter) | 40 comments Thanks, Michael ... I may give it a go. Hesitating since often the film / series spoils the books. We'll see ....

message 20: by Brenda, Suspense lover! (new)

I have also heard it's not that good...not true to the books. But I've also heard lots like the show, and haven't read the books!

message 21: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (butbooksarebetter) | 40 comments Meh, didn't do much for me ... I will stick with the books I think! Had a completely different image of the characters ... as is often the case. I love the book series, so can recommend, Brenda!

message 22: by Brenda, Suspense lover! (new)

Yes, and me too Heidi! I'd much, much prefer the books....Tess is an amazing author:)