The Sword and Laser discussion

Neuromancer (Sprawl, #1)
This topic is about Neuromancer
Sword and Laser Video Show > Can we do Neuromancer in December?

Comments (showing 1-24 of 24) (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Matthew Anderson | 60 comments I noticed when I was looking through the S&L Bookshelf that Neuromancer hadn't been reviewed. I've had a copy now for about 3-4 months, and I've kept putting off reading it, first for Foundation and Empire, and then for Burning Chrome, which has made me really want to read it. Is anyone else up for reading Neuromancer?

message 2: by Micah (new)

Micah (onemorebaker) | 1071 comments you may be able to get a splinter group going. But I believe that the group read is going to be The Hobbit.

message 3: by Louie (last edited Oct 20, 2012 04:52AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Louie (RMutt1914) | 657 comments Neuromancer was actually one of their earliest picks.

S&L - Book #4: Neuromancer

Jenny (Reading Envy) (readingenvy) | 2269 comments You may also want to check out the SFF Audio discussion of it. It is one of my favorite books, and cant get enough of discussing it!

Hershel Shipman (Hershdawg) | 43 comments As Louie mentioned it was an earlier pick, very unlikely they are going to repeat it (especially with so much good science-fiction and fantasy novels around). Also from what I remember Neuromancer was the first book of the podcast format.

message 6: by Tassie Dave, S&L Historian (new) - rated it 3 stars

Tassie Dave | 2224 comments Mod
As mentioned it was the 4th book read by the Sword and Laser Book Club.

Full list of books read (and next two to be read) here:
http://swordandlaser.wikia.com/wiki/B...

Kathryn Weis | 126 comments I **loved** Neuromancer. That being said it did take me a while to read through. It's not a quickie.

Matthew Anderson | 60 comments Have they done Burning Chrome? I'm at work, and Tassie Dave's link won't open.

message 9: by Tassie Dave, S&L Historian (new) - rated it 3 stars

Tassie Dave | 2224 comments Mod
Matthew wrote: "Have they done Burning Chrome? I'm at work, and Tassie Dave's link won't open."

No, we haven't read that book yet.

Matthew Anderson | 60 comments No, we haven't read that book yet."

In that case, who wants to read Burning Chrome for January?

Jenny (Reading Envy) (readingenvy) | 2269 comments Matthew wrote: "No, we haven't read that book yet."

In that case, who wants to read Burning Chrome for January?"

Me!

message 12: by Rob, Roberator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rob (robzak) | 5099 comments Mod
I'd be up for that as well. I still need to get around to reading Count Zero and Mona Lisa Overdrive which have been sitting on my bookshelf for probably a year now. I just keep picking up other books instead.

Jenny (Reading Envy) (readingenvy) | 2269 comments Rob wrote: "I'd be up for that as well. I still need to get around to reading Count Zero and Mona Lisa Overdrive which have been sitting on my bookshelf for probably a year now. I just keep picking up other bo..."
Mona Lisa Overdrive is my favorite!!

message 14: by Rob, Roberator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jenny wrote: "Mona Lisa Overdrive is my favorite!! "

It's on the list, just keeps getting moved down it. I won't read Count Zero until AFTER A Memory of Light in January.

That is unless there is a small enough gap between when I finish
Ship of Destiny (which I plan to read next) and when Cold Days comes out next month where I don't jump into Fool's Errand, and the rest of the Tawny Man series.

Once I do finally read that, then I'll tackle Mona Lisa. Unless I start on the tons of books I just got from the humble eBook bundle.

Too many books!

Jenny (Reading Envy) (readingenvy) | 2269 comments We will live forever (because of our epic lists of books still to be read).

Aloha | 919 comments Tell me about it! If I die, my book list will live on forever on GR.

message 17: by Rob, Roberator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jenny wrote: "We will live forever (because of our epic lists of books still to be read)."

Sounds like there could be a story in that..

:-D

Jenny (Reading Envy) (readingenvy) | 2269 comments Rob wrote: "Jenny wrote: "We will live forever (because of our epic lists of books still to be read)."

Sounds like there could be a story in that..

:-D"

I DO need a story idea for NaNoWriMo.

message 19: by Rob, Roberator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jenny wrote: "I DO need a story idea for NaNoWriMo. "

You're welcome!

terpkristin | 3624 comments Jenny wrote: "We will live forever (because of our epic lists of books still to be read)."

I advise anyone using this idea for NaNoWriMo not read Mr. penumbra...

Jenny (Reading Envy) (readingenvy) | 2269 comments terpkristin wrote: "Jenny wrote: "We will live forever (because of our epic lists of books still to be read)."

I advise anyone using this idea for NaNoWriMo not read Mr. penumbra..."

Oh no, seriously?

Siiiiiiiigh.....

Nothing new under the sun......

Matthew Anderson | 60 comments I'm gonna start a new thread about Burning Chrome, so if any of you are amenable to reading it for January, say so there.

message 23: by Tom, Supreme Laser (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tom Merritt (tommerritt) | 1015 comments Mod
You are all very persusaive

terpkristin | 3624 comments Should that be taken as yet another hint, Tom? ;)