Pendergast Task Force discussion

Easter Eggs

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mitchell (new)

Mitchell (mbjorgensen) | 14 comments Mod
This Discussion thread is a place to comment on and annotate funny, silly and humorous inclusions in the novels. In other words Easter Eggs that Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child have hidden in the novels.

message 2: by Mitchell (new)

On of the first Easter eggs I notices was in the book Still Life with Crows. Agent Pendgergast's assistant Corrie Swanson was regularly reading the Novel "Beyond the Ice Limit"

message 3: by Pranav Mehta (new)

Pranav Mehta | 7 comments It sounded like a good idea first time you read it but it got annoying later on.

If you didn't notice Pendergast mentions 'Cabinet of Curiosities' more than once in Still life with Crows.

message 4: by Mitchell (new)

I noticed references to the events but not the book. Another Easter Egg that I noticed was that Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child attribute their early novels to Smithback in later novels. I found it clever, but I can see how it could be a little annoying. I think it is a funny tongue in cheek way of reminding readers that "Hey these are just books"

message 5: by Laurie (new)

Laurie | 16 comments I'm not sure, but I think is was Dance of Death that they mentioned other previous novels. I can't check it out because I gave that book back to my friend that got me started on Preston/Child novels. I thought it was kind of funny at the time.