The Indie Bookshelf discussion

What's everyone reading? Good way to get ideas for books!

Comments (showing 1-45 of 45) (45 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 145 comments Mod
I just finished, Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay.

Exceptional read, even better writing!! Seriously.

message 2: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Randall (AndreaRandall) | 11 comments I finally read On the Island, and before that I devoured The Vincent Boys and On Dublin Street. All. So. So. So. Good!

message 3: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Randall (AndreaRandall) | 11 comments Oh! I need to read ea of Tranquility...Soon!

message 4: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Brown (melissabrown) | 4 comments I'm reading Sea of Tranquility AND the Perfect Game....I should really choose one and stick with it and then move on to the next---they are total opposites!!!

message 5: by Leslie (new)

Andrea wrote: "I finally read On the Island, and before that I devoured The Vincent Boys and On Dublin Street. All. So. So. So. Good!"

Andrea, I loved On The Island!! :)

I should check out On Dublin Street, too!!

message 6: by Leslie (new)

Melissa wrote: "I'm reading Sea of Tranquility AND the Perfect Game....I should really choose one and stick with it and then move on to the next---they are total opposites!!!"

Ahhh, yes, Melissa...The Perfect Game by Jenn Sterling. It's supposed to be lots of fun! :)

message 7: by Tami (new)

Tami (Tamif) I'm reading Sovereign Hope by Frankie Rose for my book club.

message 8: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (gidget-hufflepuff) I'm reading Seduced in the Dark by CJ Roberts. In-freaking-tense.

message 9: by Leslie (new)

Tami wrote: "I'm reading Sovereign Hope by Frankie Rose for my book club."

Let us know what you think, Tami!! :)

message 10: by Tosha (new)

Tosha | 2 comments I am reading Sea of Tranquility:)

message 11: by Tavin (new)

Tavin (TavinSarah) | 3 comments I'm just trying to decide at the moment between Bouquet Toss, Captive In The Dark, Stalk Me & about 5 other books....I hate having such an out of control To Be Read shelf!!!! ;^D

message 12: by Janna (new)

Janna Mashburn (jannamash) | 59 comments I'm reading "Exquisite" by Ella Frank. Very good so far!

message 13: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay (Lindsay_Sparkes) | 109 comments Oh, I admit, I am reading multiple books right now, because The Sea of Tranquility ruined me for other books. It always takes me a while to get back into the swing of things after such a great read. The one I am sticking with to the end right now is Flesh by Kylie Scott.

message 14: by Leslie (new)

Tosha, Tavin, Janna and Lindsay - all those books sound great and Tosha, you will love Sea of Tranquility! ;)

message 15: by Stacey (new)

Stacey (Sparker919) | 13 comments Tavin wrote: "I'm just trying to decide at the moment between Bouquet Toss, Captive In The Dark, Stalk Me & about 5 other books....I hate having such an out of control To Be Read shelf!!!! ;^D"

OMG-Captive in the Dark!!! You have to read that! It will rock your world.

message 16: by Leslie (new)

Yes, Stacey, I've heard about that book. I'm a little afraid. ;)

message 17: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa Mae | 3 comments Just read Dark Summer (Book I, Witchling Trilogy) by Lizzy FordDark Summer by Lizzy Ford. :) Awesome book which I absolutely recommend to others! :)

message 18: by Christine (last edited Nov 09, 2012 09:28AM) (new)

Christine (xtinela) | 12 comments Sunset by Arshad (forget how to spell his last name). It's the Pact Arcanum series.

Gay vampire sci-fi. Really? Yes really, and quite thoroughly entertaining.

message 19: by Christen (new)

Christen | 5 comments I am in between books right now but I just finished reading Coexist (Keegan's Chronicles, #1) by Julia CraneCoexist by Julia Crane. Great book and I had a lot of fun reading it. :)

message 20: by Christine (new)

Christine (xtinela) | 12 comments I enjoyed that one too :)

message 21: by Red (new)

Red Tash (RedTash) | 14 comments Casual Vacancy, Blue Spirit Blue Spirit by Eric Garrison, and Eater of Eyes (yikes!) by Mike Cooley. Oh, and the graphic novel of A Wrinkle in Time, but it hardly counts if you read the GN of a book you've read more than a dozen times.

message 22: by Leslie (new)

Looks good, Red!

I'm about to finish Boquet Toss by Mellisa Brown...(great, btw) and then on to The Final Piece by Maggi Meyers. ;-)

message 23: by Megan (new)

Megan (thebookiemonster83) I'm just about finished with both "The Crimson Hunt" and "Adorkable". I think I'm going to start "Through the Lens" next. :)

message 24: by Red (new)

Red Tash (RedTash) | 14 comments I am reading A Game of Thrones graphic novel, The Casual Vacancy, an indie book called Blue Spirit...what else...Oh! I Zombie I on audiobook.

message 25: by Darcie (new)

Darcie (Darcissimo) | 2 comments I am reading Obsidian!!

message 26: by Katarina (new)

Katarina (katarinaaaa) | 11 comments I'm on the second Game Of Thrones novel and an indie called Heavenly by Jennifer Laurens.

message 27: by Jane Ozera (last edited Dec 29, 2012 04:08AM) (new)

Jane Ozera | 14 comments I'm reading an indie "DRAWN: HIS SECRET TOY" Drawn His Secret Toy (Good Girls with Secrets, #1) by Marian Tee.
The heroine's muse is one hottie half-Japanese-half Russian and the supporting materials (Japanese comic, some Japanese slangs etc) are quite fresh from American YA/NA I've read lately. The writer is quite new but I really enjoy her writing style <3
I wish The Indie Bookshelf could put this book up in their blog cos this writer has some potential especially if it discovered with her targeted audience :D

message 28: by Red (new)

Red Tash (RedTash) | 14 comments I gave up on The Casual Vacancy. I hate to DNF it, so I'll just add it back to my to-read indefinitely.

message 29: by Tricia (new)

Tricia (tlbciak) | 1 comments Just started on the island. I loved Sea of Tranquility and just finished the Edge of Never which I also thought was good.

message 30: by Julielynn (new)

Julielynn | 8 comments I won an ARC of Sins and Needles by Karina Halle... It is an amazing read! No ghosts or supernatural beings, which appear in her other books, just interesting characters and tons of surprises. So good!

message 31: by Megan (new)

Megan (thebookiemonster83) I'm reading 'Crumbling Walls'. Just barely started but good so far. :)

message 32: by Janna (new)

Janna Mashburn (jannamash) | 59 comments Julielyn- I got an ARC of that too!! Can't wait to start now!

message 33: by I.S. (new)

I.S. Anderson (Eman1272) I'm reading Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, # 1) by Kami Garcia

It's a pretty good story. There's a bit too much padding in it for my taste though. I don't think we needed to wait over 100 pages just to start the story.

message 34: by Katarina (new)

Katarina (katarinaaaa) | 11 comments I'm stuck on contemporaries right now so I just finished "On Dublin Street" by Samantha Young, "Hopeless" by Colleen Hoover (which I very much recommend), "The coincidence of Callie and Kayden" by Jessica Sorensen, and "the Opportunist" by Tarryn Fisher. :) all really great reads that I'd recommend!!

message 35: by Janna (new)

Janna Mashburn (jannamash) | 59 comments I've read all those with the exception of The Coincidence.....will have to check it out!

message 36: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa Mae | 3 comments I am currently reading Xander's Chance (Damian Eternal, #1) by Lizzy Ford by Lizzy Ford.

message 37: by Stacey (new)

Stacey (Sparker919) | 13 comments I just finished Unteachable by Leah Raederand if you havent already read it, you are missing out on some of the best writing I have read in a while. Seriously, go one click it immediately. I am reading Falling Into You (Falling, #1) by Jasinda Wildernow...and so far its pretty good.

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

I have Unteachable on my list to read next, Falling into you is really good. Had a hard time with in the beginning, but thoroughly enjoyed it at the end.

message 39: by Jane Ozera (new)

Jane Ozera | 14 comments i'm reading Unearthly by Cynthia Hand. This is my first book of her and i really like her writing style. It really hooked me.

message 40: by Christen (new)

Christen | 5 comments I now reading Dark Promise (Between Worlds, #1) by Julia Crane by Julia Crane.

message 41: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa Mae | 3 comments Reading Hear No (Hidden Evil Trilogy, #1) by Lizzy Ford.

message 42: by Liz (new)

Liz Bell | 2 comments Unfortunately have a bad habit of reading multiple books at the same time. Reading House of Darkness, House of Light; A Game of Thrones; Divergent

message 43: by Liz (new)

Liz Bell | 2 comments Unfortunately have a bad habit of reading multiple books at the same time. Reading House of Darkness, House of Light; A Game of Thrones; Divergent

message 44: by Christen (new)

Christen | 5 comments I am reading Fractured Innocence (IFICS #2) by Julia Crane by Julia Crane.

message 45: by Jana (new)

Jana (Jana333) | 1 comments I did love this book...but just read "Maybe Someday" by Colleen Hoover. It was a similar feel, but better written...pulled me in even more. It took a few chapters to get into, but I couldn't put it down after that.