If Tomorrow Comes (Tracy Whitney Series, #1) If Tomorrow Comes discussion

What`s your idea on Sidney sheldon`s Work?

Comments (showing 1-50 of 63) (63 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Chanaka Hettige I`m pretty impressed with Sidney`s work though I have read only very few. Want to know what you guys think about him!

message 2: by Chalinda (new)

Chalinda Samaranayake His books are okay, I read about half a dozen, and storyline is quite similar. Not much variety and you can sort of, 'foretell' what the plot twist will be. I'd give him a 3 of 5 rating.

Tantri Setyorini I love almost everything in his stories, especially those historical details and all the ambitious characters with bitter past like Konstantin Demiris and Leslie Stewart. And he never made boring stories.

Fatin I like him, but I never thought he's anything special, like Chalinda said, the storylines are pretty much the same. It gets boring after 3 books or so.
This was my first Sheldon. It's the only one I enjoyed.

message 5: by Rangitha (new)

Rangitha Kuruppu I have no clue. Haven't read his works--I've read only a very little contemporary fiction.

Chanaka Hettige Chalinda Samaranayake wrote: "His books are okay, I read about half a dozen, and storyline is quite similar. Not much variety and you can sort of, 'foretell' what the plot twist will be. I'd give him a 3 of 5 rating."

Out of 3 Sheldon books which I read [Other-side of midnight, Tell me your dreams and If tomorrow comes] Never fall in to your description. So I wonder!

Chanaka Hettige Rangitha wrote: "I have no clue. Haven't read his works--I've read only a very little contemporary fiction."

Suggest you to read one of his work :-)

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

He's an average writer, but a Master Storyteller.

message 9: by Aruna (last edited Nov 08, 2012 02:28AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Aruna Malla One can observe how Sidney Sheldon as an author/writer by reading all his novels right from the first one to till the last. he is a very good story teller for sure , all the other novels of him prior to this book are kind of contains descriptions of irrelevant topics ( u know wht I mean :-D ), which makes the story at times off the cliff. I like 3 of his novels, 'If tomorrow comes', 'The sky is falling', 'tell me your dreams'. in these novels, author focused only on story line nothing other than that and the stories well written when compares to his earlier works.

message 10: by Pamela (last edited Nov 08, 2012 04:06AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Pamela He was a talented writer. My favourite books of his "The Other Side of Midnight" (1973), "A Stranger in the Mirror" (1976), "Rage of Angels" (1980), "Master of the Game" (1982), and "If Tomorrow Comes" (1985). I still have the original copies I purchased, though tattered from the number of times they've been read.

I read some of his other books that he had published after 1985 and wasn't too impressed with them, thereby never reading any of his other books after 1990.

Does anyone remember "I Dream of Jeannie" and "Hart to Hart" like I do? He created both of those successful television shows (plus a few others).

Chanaka Hettige Pam wrote: "He was a talented writer. My favourite books of his "The Other Side of Midnight" (1973), "A Stranger in the Mirror" (1976), "Rage of Angels" (1980), "Master of the Game" (1982), and "If Tomorrow Co..."

Sorry, I`m born after `90s, so I can`t really remember his work like that. But currently I`m going through his work of fiction. So far So good!

Krishna i love Sidney Sheldon. the first few mystery/thrillers were that i read by him so i guess its obvious that he's my favorite author for the genre. my favorite books are "If Tomorrow comes" , "Bloodline" , "Rage Of Angels" and "Tell Me Your Dreams".

message 13: by Vincent (new)

Vincent Otieno wonderfull work,most admired with many.Awesome contribution i love his work..

Linda If you are looking for a good book to read, go to Mr. Sheldon.

Ashima I like his books.

Monique Domovitch I was thrilled that many of my readersm compared my novel, Scorpio Risign and its sequel, the Sting of the Scorpio to Sheldon's novels. if you're interested, the kindle version of the first novel will be free on Amazon for the 6th and 7th of January. Happy New Year.

Aղցela W. I have read a lot of his books and my fav. is Master of the Game

Monique Domovitch Ditto. Loved that one, also If Tomorrow Comes, Rage of Angels and The Other Side of Midnight.

Bianney Sidney Sheldon has this amazing way of creating settings and plots that are close to reality. His works are also well researched and he has this way of creating twists in his novels from time to time which then hooks you into reading the book until the very last page.

Naomi Sidney Sheldon was my favorite writer. He had a special way of telling a story and keeping you in suspence until the end. So sorry he is gone and haven't found any one to replace him as yet. Have read all of his books, and was never disapointed.

Vanessa vani for me sidney sheldon is the most brilliant writer in the world! im a very big fan of him , i read a lot of his book and always amazed ,again n again everytime i turned the pages, he have a very clever way to create the intrics of the story n always succed to create a remarkable ends in every story that he has wrote ,always makes me stunned by it ,my fav sidney sheldon"s book is Master of the Game that is my first english novel i read ,n directly falling in love with it!

message 22: by Maan (new) - rated it 5 stars

Maan Penaflor He's the best author for me. His books were always page-turners. I love how he mixed genres. He really was talented. My favorite novel written by him is the "Rage of Angels" though my friends disliked the ending. It really made me cry a river.

message 23: by Beth (new) - rated it 4 stars

Beth Gibson Rangitha wrote: "I have no clue. Haven't read his works--I've read only a very little contemporary fiction."

Then why did you reply to this post. Just curious.

Aղցela W. I love Sidney Sheldon I have read a long of his books my favorite is Master of the Game

Chanaka Hettige Beth wrote: "Rangitha wrote: "I have no clue. Haven't read his works--I've read only a very little contemporary fiction."

Then why did you reply to this post. Just curious."

I invited him to! :)

message 26: by Tita (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tita Cusipag If you are looking for something 'light' to read...read books by Sidney Sheldon. The story line are usually easy to 'digest'. His books are meant to entertain.

Rushikesh Joshi Sidney Sheldon totally describes the each and every matter in such a way that the user gets the clear ideas/views what the situation wants to say. Each and every book has a great story,suspense,love,sex,etc. It makes the reader happy and always creates a curious about the next situation. The reader thinks in a different way and ultimately the Sidney Sheldon turns the whole history. This has made a Sidney Sheldon fan. :)

Anjuthan Sidney Sheldon was my favorite till i found some other better authors for my taste. This was my second book of Sheldon. I felt this one was too draggy. After reading four books i lost the interest for Sheldon.

Robyn Roze My first Sidney Sheldon book was Rage of Angels. I read it nearly thirty years ago when I was in high school. As soon as I finished it, I immediately re-read it. Haven't done that with a book since. As a teenager, I couldn't get enough of his heroines and their tragedies. I stopped reading his works sometime after college when my tastes expanded. I've read a lot of good books since and can remember some and have forgotten most. The fact that Rage of Angels still stays with me says something about Sidney Sheldon. :)

message 30: by Tita (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tita Cusipag Sydney Sheldon books are entertaining. I call it "fun" reading!

message 31: by Beth (new) - rated it 4 stars

Beth Gibson I was always impressed that it was a male author, writing about women. Not too many of them actually come across with realistic female characters.

Diane Sophis I never read any of his books until last year. He has become one of my favorite authors.

Carolina Morales From all you mentioned, the only I dislike is precisely If Tomorrow Comes. And I am a huge fan of Hart to Hart and I Dream of Jeannie but I think he only wrote the first episodes.

Vasavi I read his 3 books..

If Tomorrow Comes - liked soooooo much
Tell me your Dreams - liked this too..
Blood Line - did not like this much..

But I like his writing style a lot.. I feel he writes "To the Point" and does not drag stories..

Eng. Salah I read ten of his books and his story line in each and every novel is great...

Tymel I love his work and Sidney Sheldon is one of my favorite authors. I have read all of his books except two. My favorites are The Other Side of Midnight, Rage of Angels and Tell Me Your Dreams. If you have never read any of his books or haven't read those yet, start there!

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Well, I started reading his books pretty early(his books represented the "FORBIDDEN PLEASURE" during my school days). But pretty soon I started realizing that his plots were much more intriguing than those few pages of forbidden pleasure.

So even today when I read any thriller(I only read thrillers)I remember that I loves Sidney Sheldon and it was his writing that was partly responsible for me being a thriller addict.

P.S.

1. I started re-reading his books recrntly, and I found that I am enjoying every page I am reading.

2. I am not commenting about his writing style, as neither I am an expert on such intricacies nor I read a thriller for experiencing "Writing Style"

So, summing up, THUMBS UP for Mr. Sheldon!!!

Aline I love all his books. Thats when I really start to read nooks.my favoriteb is if tomorrow comes.

Aղցela W. I love Mr. Sheldon's work my favorite is Master of the Game I did like this one too

Charmaine Lloyd I LOVED his work when I was a teenager/ young adult. When I picked up some of his newer works in my thirties I recognise that he is a great story teller. But I am left wanting as far as depth and prose are concerned. I would still pick up a new Sidney Sheldon on a second hand book shelf and finish it and enjoy it.

message 41: by Shwetal (last edited Nov 26, 2013 04:57AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Shwetal Gajbhiye Mr. Sheldon is an amazing writer, i would disagree with some people in terms of what they think on his writing style. His writing style is same in all books, which is natural as every writer has his way of writing and this is reflected in Mr. Sheldon's books. Also the concept in each book is different. You always want to turn the next page to read what happened next. His focus on the point of view character is always amazing. He reflects all the emotions in a perfect blend. Would it be tears , love , anger , sex or anything else.

I wish to continue his legacy some day.

message 42: by Tas (new) - rated it 3 stars

Tas He was one of my favorite authors, I loved reading his books,- I think I have read almost all of his books if not all. The first book of him I read was Tell Me Your Dreams, it's not my favorite but some of my favorites would be, "Nothing Lasts Forever" "Rage of Angels" "Bloodlines" "Stranger In The Mirror". What I loved most about his writing was the strong female protagonists they had. I even read his autobiography on "The Other Side Of Me" and even that left a mark on me. His passing away was really saddening for me, I grew up reading his work and his works helped to grow my reading habit. I still feel sad that I'll not get to read another of his works.

Abhimanyu Rajarajan By far, Sydney stands out as the best entertainer among English authors. His skill in hooking the reader with the first few pages is renowned and his characterization is his trump card. Sydney has been hogging the best selling author for these many years and its not for nothing ! My favorite is If tomorrow comes. I don't think there is any better con story out there. Master of the Game and The other side of Midnight stand for their writing style.

message 44: by P.D. (new) - rated it 5 stars

P.D. Watts Abhimanyu. I assume you mean author writing in English. Sheldon was an American and a 20th century genius.

message 45: by Geri (new) - rated it 5 stars

Geri There hasn't been any of his books that I haven't
liked. Grabs you at the very begining and holds you.
He will be missed.

message 46: by Shwetal (last edited Nov 25, 2013 10:41PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Shwetal Gajbhiye I agree with PD and Geri. I am currently reading Are you afraid of the dark ? I have just read 47 pages and i am hooked with the book. I am glad i have read such a great fiction author in my life. I guess that was the last book he wrote.

message 47: by Mike (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mike He really was a master storyteller, started in Hollywood writing screenplays and TV shows. Some of you may not know that he created the concept and wrote the scripts for I Dream of Jeannie, among others, and had a very good sense of humor. He did not write his first novel until he was in his mid-50's (which should inspire you if you have writing dreams!)

I wrote a tribute to Sidney Sheldon on my blog a while back:

http://mikewellsblog.blogspot.com/201...

Shwetal Gajbhiye Mike wrote: "He really was a master storyteller, started in Hollywood writing screenplays and TV shows. Some of you may not know that he created the concept and wrote the scripts for I Dream of Jeannie, among ..."

He writing his first novel in his 50's is some thing really new about Mr. Sheldon, i got to know today. I do have a dream as well. I am working on it. :)

message 49: by Heaven (last edited Nov 26, 2013 04:38AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Heaven I have read 3 of his books ... the first two were The Rage of Angels and If Tommorrow Comes.. The best thing about both of them was the strong female characters...Rarely have i read female cast going step-to-step with(and many times overshadowing) the male protagonists...for that alone he deserves a lot of applause...The third novel. Master of the Game, was quite strong in this respect too...but the way of storytelling had got repetitive and the plot twists became quite obvious....

Eng. Salah I started to read Sydney's novel The Naked Face and i was like WOW..what an author, i really got impressed of his work.The language used is a piece of cake.
I end up reading 10 novels.

« previous 1