Bookaholic Anonymous discussion

Books! > What Are You Currently Reading?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 281 (281 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by Nitzan, A Certified Bookaholic (new)

Nitzan Schwarz (nitzanafterwords) | 671 comments Mod
I'm reading Glory in Death (In Death, #2) by J.D. Robb which is an awesome book!!

message 2: by Ruzina (last edited Sep 20, 2012 10:32AM) (new)

Ruzina (usershow5549736-rose) | 73 comments I am currently reading Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) by Suzanne Collins

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I am currently reading: ,

message 4: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 24 comments I'm currently reading Drink, Slay, Love by Sarah Beth Durst and From This Moment On by Shania Twain

message 5: by Mara (new)

Mara (maraanne) | 17 comments Currently reading: Secret Letters by Leah Scheier

message 6: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 24 comments Nitzan wrote: "I'm reading Glory in Death (In Death, #2) by J.D. Robbwhich is an awesome book!!"

I love the In Death books! I've read all the ones that are out so far.

message 7: by Nitzan, A Certified Bookaholic (new)

WOW Kayla! Those are a LOT of books! lol.
So far I am loving this series as well! It's SO good! I plan to read them all :>
But OMG! Eve cried! T^T

message 8: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 105 comments I love reading those J.D Robb books

message 9: by Ishita (new)

Ishita (weirdtalkingdragon) | 50 comments I'm rereading Smitten by Janet Evanovich (who I really like) , By the Time You Read This, I'll Be Dead (which is a scary book) and I'm just about to start Breathe. Yay for me! :P

message 10: by Ishita (new)

Ishita (weirdtalkingdragon) | 50 comments Rose aka The Bookaholic wrote: "I am currently reading Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) by Suzanne Collins"

How do you like it? I don't know why, I'm postponing reading the Hunger Games series.

message 11: by Krystal (last edited Sep 21, 2012 07:49AM) (new)

Krystal Hammer | 13 comments I'm reading Anna Karenina, The Lives of Rachel, and Nine's Legacy. All of them are very good!

I forgot that I'm also reading Flyboys: A True Story of Courage. Such interesting facts in this book if you like history!

message 12: by Nitzan, A Certified Bookaholic (new)

Krystal wrote: "I'm reading Anna Karenina, The Lives of Rachel, and Nine's Legacy. All of them are very good!"
Omg, you read 3 together? Don't it get confusing?

message 13: by Krystal (new)

Krystal Hammer | 13 comments Not really...I've always done that. I usually have one I read before bed, one I read lounging at home, and one I read while waiting for appts, kids, etc.

message 14: by Krystal (new)

Krystal Hammer | 13 comments And Ishita- the Hunger Games series was great (IMO). I read the whole thing in 4 days!

message 15: by Nitzan, A Certified Bookaholic (new)

Wow! You have a book schedule! xD That's awesome :> I can't do that - I have to give one book all my attention until I'm done with it~

message 16: by Ishita (new)

Ishita (weirdtalkingdragon) | 50 comments Krystal wrote: "Not really...I've always done that. I usually have one I read before bed, one I read lounging at home, and one I read while waiting for appts, kids, etc."

Haha, it's the same with me. High five! I have my transport book, my going-to-sleep book and my ebook.

message 17: by Nicole (new)

message 18: by Mara (new)

Mara (maraanne) | 17 comments Finished: Secret Letters by Leah Scheier (3 stars)

Now reading: Miracle by Elizabeth Scott

message 19: by Nitzan, A Certified Bookaholic (new)

I just finished Glory in Death (In Death, #2) by J.D. Robb which I loved and moved on to Immortal in Death (In Death, #3) by J.D. Robb right away!

message 21: by Stephany (new)

Stephany (sinnycloud95) | 5 comments The Reckoning finishing the trilogy ;)

message 22: by Margot (new)

Margot (margot-livingtoreadfantasy) I'm reading Deadline - Mira Grant. I love it!

message 23: by Nitzan, A Certified Bookaholic (new)

I'm currently reading To Kill A Warlock by H.P. Mallory which is... MEH. and Vampire Kisses The Beginning (Vampire Kisses, #1-3) by Ellen Schreiber , which I got for my birthday years ago :>

message 24: by Nitzan, A Certified Bookaholic (new)

I just finished Obsidian (Lux, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout (I even opened a discussion for it here, so if you've read it go there!)
And I'm currently re-reading Being Jamie Baker by Kelly Oram before deciding which book to read next :]

message 25: by Nitzan, A Certified Bookaholic (last edited Oct 11, 2012 05:34AM) (new)

I'm reading The Son of Neptune (Heroes of Olympus, #2) by Rick Riordan !
You can't go wrong with Rick Riordan :]

message 26: by Elspeth (new)

Elspeth (minealready) I am re-reading Foundation The Collegium Chronicles, book four just came out. I love this series, so a refresher read is always welcome!

message 27: by Kayla (last edited Oct 11, 2012 02:21PM) (new)

Kayla | 24 comments I am reading The Stand by Stephen King (which I plan on reading slowly over the next couple of months) and The Dead and the Gone (Last Survivors, #2) by Susan Beth Pfeffer . I am also in the middle of rereading The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald for the third time :)

message 28: by Nitzan, A Certified Bookaholic (new)

Kayla wrote: "I am reading The Stand by Stephen King (which I plan on reading slowly over the next couple of months) and The Dead and the Gone (Last Survivors, #2) by Susan Beth Pfeffer. I am also in the middle of rereading [bookco..."

Wow. The Stand is one LONG book O-O Good luck with it :]

message 30: by Nitzan, A Certified Bookaholic (new)

Wow, Jon, you're reading a LOT of things!

I'm currently reading Codename Fairy Godmother Reassigned (Codename Fairy Godmother, #1) by Tanjlisa Marie I received a copy from the author!

message 31: by Jon (new)

Jon (jon17) | 144 comments That's cool you got a signed copy. Do you often get books to review? It's tough dealing with unknown authors because so many people publish books these days and the initial reviews aren't always very objective, unfortunately. The book's premise does look interesting though so I'm looking forward to your review of the book.

I'm mainly focusing on just one book right now (Dodger) for the book club. 3 of them are non-fiction anyway, so I'm not rushing to finish them.

message 32: by Nitzan, A Certified Bookaholic (new)

Jon wrote: "That's cool you got a signed copy. Do you often get books to review? It's tough dealing with unknown authors because so many people publish books these days and the initial reviews aren't always ve..."
I didn't get a signed one, because I don't live in the US so I got it in digital :P
It's actually the first I got, I only started blogging last month, but I was super exited to get it!
So far the world described in the book is really interesting and pretty unique; I've read nothing like it before. The characters are also quite different from the usual ones. So I'm enjoying myself :]

message 33: by Jon (new)

Jon (jon17) | 144 comments Whoops, I'm not thinking clearly today; not sure why I thought it was signed. That's still cool though. I'm sure you'll be getting a lot more in the future. Good luck with your blog. It looks like you put a lot of effort into it.

P.S. what device do you use for digital books?

message 34: by Nitzan, A Certified Bookaholic (new)

Jon wrote: "Whoops, I'm not thinking clearly today; not sure why I thought it was signed. That's still cool though. I'm sure you'll be getting a lot more in the future. Good luck with your blog. It looks like ..."

I hope so. It'll be really fun to get books xD
I love blogging, and I do put a lot of effort into my blog :]

I use Kobo. I bought it last year, when we went to New York.

message 35: by Jon (new)

Jon (jon17) | 144 comments My sister has a Kobo; I like its ergonomics. I have a Kindle.

Have you heard of Calibre? It's a free program for organizing your ebooks, transferring to your device, deleting from device, etc. And, it can also convert almost any format to any format.

message 36: by Nitzan, A Certified Bookaholic (new)

Never heard of it :o how does it work?

message 37: by Jon (new)

Jon (jon17) | 144 comments Type calibre in google and you can see the features and a video. I really like it. You can also tag books, browse covers, sync with goodreads, etc

message 38: by Bian (new)

Bian I'm reading The ABC Murders (Hercule Poirot #13) by Agatha Christie and Red Glove (Curse Workers, #2) by Holly Black .

message 39: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 105 comments His second chance family by Raeanne Thayne

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

message 41: by Nitzan, A Certified Bookaholic (new)

I just finished The Mayfair Moon by J.A. Redmerski (such a disappointment) and started reading The Diviners (The Diviners, #1) by Libba Bray and loving it so far!

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

message 43: by Envy (new)

Envy Fisher | 22 comments reliving 6th grade while rereading Inkheart (Inkheart, #1) by Cornelia Funke

message 44: by Nitzan, A Certified Bookaholic (new)

I'm currently reading City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2) by Cassandra Clare ! It's really good so far :]

message 45: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 24 comments I just finished Delusion in Death (In Death, #35) by J.D. Robb , the latest book in the series. It was pretty good (I always enjoy the In Death books) but this one was more of a case-centric story and I prefer the ones that are more character-centric.

I'll be starting The Calling (Darkness Rising, #2) by Kelley Armstrong soon.

message 46: by Nitzan, A Certified Bookaholic (new)

Ohh, you're so far in the In Death series! I'm going to read the forth soon, and so far I'm loving it :]

message 47: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 105 comments I'm almost finished with fantasy in death and it's a good book

message 48: by Radha (new)

Radha | 2 comments I just finished 2 awesome books.Wallbanger and The Edge of Never!Loved it.

Those who are interested to see what it is about,I'm adding the awesome reviews of someone I follow!

www.goodreads.com/review/show/457580871

and

www.goodreads.com/review/show/466771531

Loved the books.

message 49: by Nitzan, A Certified Bookaholic (new)

I'm currently reading Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1) by Kami Garcia and Compromising the Marquess by Wendy Soliman

message 50: by Bian (new)

Bian I'm reading Gunslinger Girl, Vol. 13 by Yu Aida , Lost in a Good Book (Thursday Next, #2) by Jasper Fforde and The End of Mr. Y by Scarlett Thomas

« previous 1 3 4 5 6