What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The House Next Door
This topic is about The House Next Door
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA; twin sister is involved in séance in haunted house across the street [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jenni (jennisty) | 3 comments Hi all!

All I remember is that this book involved twin siblings, sister and brother. The sister was involved somehow in a siesta that went on in the house across the street--I think it was to save her friend who became trapped there, or something of the sort? The brother ended up having to rush in the house to save her.

I feel like the title has something with "House" in it but I may be entirely wrong.

It's a pretty short novel. the title that I had was dark blue and had the house on the front cover.

Please help if you know, thanks!

message 2: by Mir (new)

Mir | 704 comments Are you sure it was "siesta"? That means "nap."

Themis-Athena (Lioness at Large) (themis-athena) | 71 comments Miriam wrote: "Are you sure it was "siesta"? That means "nap.""

Yes -- I was thinking the same thing. Possibly more like "séance" (the sort of occult sessions that were all the rage in the late 19th, early 20th century and during which ghosts and the spirits of the dead were supposed to be summoned by a medium)?

Jenni (jennisty) | 3 comments AHHH! Yes I meant seance! HAHAHAH I just laughed out loud. Oh god. I don't know what I should do now. that's embarrasing.

message 5: by Moloch (new)

Moloch | 283 comments :-D That's ok, you (or the moderators) can edit the title of your topic by clicking "edit" next to the title

message 6: by Sallie (new)

Sallie (salliev) | 28 comments The House Next Door by Richie Tankersley Cusick

"On a whim, Emma Donovan bets her twin brother, Charlie, that she can spend the entire night alone at the spooky, abandoned house next door. The place is seriously creepy, but she's determined to overcome her fears and prove her brother wrong. Until she finds herself reliving a horrific night from the house's past and a passionate love with a handsome -- and strangely familiar -- young man.

When Charlie finds her, he's sure it was all just a dream. Yet Emma has persistent paranormal experiences involving the house and the young man from the past. As her "dreams" intensify, Emma becomes convinced that they are very real...and that she has a dreadful part to play in the supernatural reenactment of a tragic love."
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/49...

Jenni (jennisty) | 3 comments Solved!! THANK YOU ALL!! :) :)