Tiger's Destiny (The Tiger Saga, #4) Tiger's Destiny discussion

Unsatisfied Reader...

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Candace To be honest, I am pretty disappointed with Tiger's Destiny. Kelsey was never the best or brightest of heroines, but I liked her enough to continue the series. In the fourth installment I lost 90% of my interest in her character and 100% of my sympathy for her. In my opinion, she's selfish, imature and a little pathetic. What hooked people in the first place was the romance of Ren and Kelsey. And though trials and tragedy add to the power of a love story, the author took it too far in book #4.
Kelsey became annoying and heartless in many respects. She seemed to revert as opposed to growing into the character we all believed she would develop into. How can you hope for Ren to win her back when she doesn't deserve him or seem willing at all to fight for him in return?
I was disappointed from the first few chapters and the feeling only grew stronger as I read on. As it appears this will be the last in the saga, I have to say that, for me, it ended on an off-key and undesirable note, to say the least.
You simply can't write a love story that leaves the reader unhappy when the two lovers are finally united for good. It doesn't work.

message 2: by Kassandra (new)

Kassandra There will be a 5th book

message 3: by Meg (new) - rated it 5 stars

Meg Kelsey's character didn't develope at all, but the was the only thing that really bothered me.

Adina  (myriadbooks) Candace wrote: "To be honest, I am pretty disappointed with Tiger's Destiny. Kelsey was never the best or brightest of heroines, but I liked her enough to continue the series. In the fourth installment I lost 90% ..."

I agreed the ending was so bittersweet i couldn't even be happpy for Ren and Kelsey finally being together and gettin married

KaDee Candace wrote: "To be honest, I am pretty disappointed with Tiger's Destiny. Kelsey was never the best or brightest of heroines, but I liked her enough to continue the series. In the fourth installment I lost 90% ..."

Shadylane wrote: "I agreed the ending was so bittersweet i couldn't even be happpy for Ren and Kelsey finally being together and gettin married"

That's exactly how I felt!

Mags Candace wrote: "To be honest, I am pretty disappointed with Tiger's Destiny. Kelsey was never the best or brightest of heroines, but I liked her enough to continue the series. In the fourth installment I lost 90% ..."

Agree, completely, I gave this book 3 stars because I love the mythology and obviously Ren and Kishan ... Kelsey is just ... so annoying ... 90% of the book I was like

Ans I wanted to tho this to Kelsey

And then she was like "I'm a superhuman fighting machine!!!" and then I ...

message 7: by Lorena (last edited Oct 04, 2012 07:12PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Lorena Agree, agree, agree with every one of you.

Mags --- CherryVanilla....you are so on target.

JoJo See the thing is, she is she believes she's doing it for Kishan, You have to remember that even though it wasn't meant to be and wasn't as strong, there was a part of her heart that belonged with Kishan and I truly believed that's what she convinced herself to believe that it was the right thing to do to stay with him, that he deserved it more...does it make her less selfish...a matter of opinion....I was very dissapointted with the ending, but overall one of my fav series!

Isabella (All Da Ladies Luv Leo) Thomas No. I wasn't dissapointed with the series, in fact I LOVED them! Not insulting anyone though.

Stephanie Dong JoJo wrote: "See the thing is, she is she believes she's doing it for Kishan, You have to remember that even though it wasn't meant to be and wasn't as strong, there was a part of her heart that belonged with K..."

I know right! She also kind of potrayed Kishan as a jerk and it kind of ruined it! I really wish tiger

Jennifer Dupriest I agree with you all too. I just finished reading this and I wanted sooooo bad to be happy about Ren and Kelsey (because that was the ending I wanted for them) but by the time they were getting married I just felt annoyed. I felt like everything was rushed near the end and I hated how Kelsey went on talking about how she loved Ren so much she had to let him go. I hate how she said that she wanted him to stop sacrificing himself for her and then one moment he's talking to another girl and she's all like "OH NO HE DIDN'T! HE'S MY MAN!" and then when he comes and tries to talk to her she acts like a jerk, "SORRY REN, BUT I LOVE KISHAN." Oh and then I felt bad for Kishan because he was throwing his love at her and in return she repeatedly thought, "OH I love Ren, but Kishan loves me too and I don't want to hurt his feelings, so I'll marry him."

Oh gosh. I loved this series soooooooo much but I was dissapointed in this book. First three books--I fell in love. 4th book I didn't have the same feelings.

Angela Candace wrote: "To be honest, I am pretty disappointed with Tiger's Destiny. Kelsey was never the best or brightest of heroines, but I liked her enough to continue the series. In the fourth installment I lost 90% ..."

I feel the same. The ending really didn't bring closure for me.

Lashya Wilson Isabella wrote: "No. I wasn't dissapointed with the series, in fact I LOVED them! Not insulting anyone though."

Same here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lindsay I absolutey loved this series. But there were times where I myself wanted to slap Kelsey in the face. I mean how blind would you have to be to not see how Ren is perfect for you. Ugh so frustrating. But of course that didn't stop Ren, which made me love him more. I agree that Kelsey didn't grow as a character, but with a fifth book she has a chance to do so. I thought Ren and Kelsey finally being with each other was too sudden and once it happened the book was soon over. I wanted more of it! The next book better have more about their married life together and I hope that little Anik is in it. I was sad to say goodbye to Kishan because although I knew he wasn't right for Kelsey I still loved him, just less then I love Ren. Can't wait for the next book and what it will be about!!!

Ashten I didn't care for the fourth book but to be honest i hated the third book the most. I think it was stupid to spend most of the third book playing with our heads. Im happy that she finally put a end to it all.

Lashya Wilson Ashten wrote: "I didn't care for the fourth book but to be honest i hated the third book the most. I think it was stupid to spend most of the third book playing with our heads. Im happy that she finally put a end..."

There is a fifth book:: Tiger's Dream (The Tiger Saga, #5) by Colleen Houck .

Ashten with the way they ended the fourth book i feel like they shouldn't be making a fourth book becuase they pretty much answered all my questions in the fourth book.

Lashya Wilson Ashten wrote: "with the way they ended the fourth book i feel like they shouldn't be making a fourth book becuase they pretty much answered all my questions in the fourth book."

You said "fourth book" three times. The second time, didn't you mean the "fifth book" ????????????????????

Ashten yeah sorry blonde moment :P

Rossy Ashten wrote: "with the way they ended the fourth book i feel like they shouldn't be making a fourth book becuase they pretty much answered all my questions in the fourth book."

actually, there are a couple of things which weren't explained in the 4th book. Colleen Houck explained in an interview that all of this stuff together with Kishan and Anamika's life together would be explained in the 5th book, Tiger's Dream. It will also talk about their children and some other unexplained things, like the tiger bones which they found in Mr.Kadam's to-be grave. ;(

Lavender The whole leaving Kishan thing made it completely impossible for me to enjoy Ren and Kelsey's wedding. She's been worrying about Kishan's happiness over her own this entire book, and then she up and leaves him in the middle of their engagement. I'm not saying I wanted them to end up together, because that isn't the case. I'm not even that upset with Kelsey for leaving him, because it was something that seemingly had to be done. I just think it was a poor choice for the story in general.

Rossy Magenta wrote: "The whole leaving Kishan thing made it completely impossible for me to enjoy Ren and Kelsey's wedding. She's been worrying about Kishan's happiness over her own this entire book, and then she up an..."

THAT IS EXACTLY HOW I FEEL!!! I mean it was obvious that she would end up with him, but why did it have to be this way? I know that sometimes bad things happen, but the good things are supposed to overshadow them. That wasn't the case here at all. Throughout the whole ending, I just felt sad because Kishan was gone, and I couldn't really focus on Ken's (lol Ren+Kelsey=Ken) happiness because of the grief.

message 23: by Scarlet (last edited Jan 29, 2013 10:23AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Scarlet Ugh! I hated the ending, well not the ending but I hated it that Kelsey left Kishan who in case she forgot was her fiancee!! And then he get's married to DURGA!?!?!? I was sooo mad I wanted to set the book on fire!!! http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/o...

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Ok guys if you didn't like it, move on... There's a lot more books out there.

Daisy97 Zajicek Candace wrote: "To be honest, I am pretty disappointed with Tiger's Destiny. Kelsey was never the best or brightest of heroines, but I liked her enough to continue the series. In the fourth installment I lost 90% ..."

You have a lot of good points. Kelsey was annoying in (for me) the second half of the third book and the whole fourth book. Why wouldn't she just pick Ren?!?! It drove me crazy! She obviously wanted to be with Ren and the author took advantage of book space (and our money) tagging Kishan along for the ride. Sorry if you like Kishan, but I really, REALLY hated him.

NaKayla I liked it. It wasn't my favorite. It was bittersweet all through the book. She needed to pick a pace through. The beginning was fast and the middle was slow. It is still my favorite series. Compared to MOST of series I've read.

Kristine Shadylane wrote: "Candace wrote: "To be honest, I am pretty disappointed with Tiger's Destiny. Kelsey was never the best or brightest of heroines, but I liked her enough to continue the series. In the fourth install..."

I agree!!!

message 28: by Cali (new) - rated it 3 stars

Cali I wonder what the fifth book's gonna be about. I mean what is there to write about? It ends on such a happy note, Ren turns mortal, they get together... blah blah blah... Jeez. And Kelsey was so WHINEY. She was so frustratingly annoying I swear I wanted to whack her with a hammer or kill myself.

Lindsay Calsi wrote: "I wonder what the fifth book's gonna be about. I mean what is there to write about? It ends on such a happy note, Ren turns mortal, they get together... blah blah blah... Jeez. And Kelsey was so WH..."
I heard that it was going to be about Kishan and Durga after Kelsey and Ren left. I mean there should be a lot to write about seeing how they go from being stuck together and not really liking each other to being married with kids. I think I will enjoy it. But I am hoping that there is something about Kelsey and Ren though. I'm really hoping that Ren and Kelsey's baby, Anik, is also in the book.

Lashya Wilson This is me ::::

01. Kishan & Anamika Kalinga/Durga

02. Ren, Kelsey & Baby Anik Kishan

03. Sunil Kalinga & Nilima

04. Mr. Anik Kadam and his wife.

05. Rajaram & Deschen (Ren & Kishan's parents)

06. Joshua & Madison Hayes (Kelsey's BIRTH Parents)

07. Mike & Sarah Neilson (Kelsey's FOSTER Parents)

08. Rebecca and Samuel Neilson. Mike & Sarah Neilson's children, and Kelsey's FOSTER Siblings !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lokesh, Yuvakshi & Yesubai .......

I can't think of any more, right now, but there ARE MORE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lindsay Lashya wrote: "This is me ::::

01. Kishan & Anamika Kalinga/Durga

02. Ren, Kelsey & Baby Anik Kishan

03. Sunil Kalinga & Nilima

04. Mr. Anik Kadam and his wife.

05. Rajaram & Deschen (Ren & Kishan..."

Amazing ideas! The first 5 are my favorites. I would love to read any of these

Jennifer This, totally agree with first comment.

I haven't even finished it because it was very repetitive, ugggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. But I must finish it because I am curious and I must and cries. I'm hoping the ending might be a bit of a shocker though, there has to be atleast some thriller right?

Half way through ... probably procrastinate. :>

message 33: by Asha (new) - rated it 5 stars

Asha I kept persisting throughout the series but after the second book it just went downhill. I cannot believe the 4th book ended like that but I don't see how Colleen is going to write a 5th book or where it is going to lead off from. I loved the series but I think it could have gone in a whole different (and better) direction.

Mizuki @Candace:
I agree with everything you said about Kelsey, and after seeing how laughable the villain is behaving and how silly Kelsey's quests is, and how poorly researched Houck's books all are, I have zero respect to this series.

Tsukalavire I've attempted to redeem this book in my mind so many times by thinking, "Well there was nice....details?" But it really isn't working, no offense to any one, but in my opinion this entire series of books should be burned, though I'd like to keep the covers....

Mizuki Tsukalavire wrote: "no offense to any one, but in my opinion this entire series of books should be burned"

Agree, agree.