KaDee's Reviews > Tiger's Destiny

Tiger's Destiny by Colleen Houck

Jan 12, 2012

Read from September 06 to 07, 2012 — I own a copy

Okay, there might be some spoilers. Maybe. Don't say I didn't warn you!

I'm not really sure what to make of this book. Honestly, this series is my favorite. This is the one series that turns me into some squealing fangirl.

fangirl Pictures, Images and Photos

I love the first three books. There was tons of romance, but enough action to keep me reading. The characters were great, and there was a lot of developement. Another thing I love about Colleen Houck's books is that I always learn something from them. Mostly mythology, which has got to be my absolute fav! For example, before Tiger's destiny, I'd never heard of a Rakshasa.

[image error]

I know. I did that too. But if you want to know what they are, you're going to have to read the book, cause I won't tell! =) (or you could google them. But the book makes it more fun.)

Well, back on track. Where was I? Oh, yes, The characters were great, and there was lots of developement, but we don't see a lot of that in this book. Except for Kelsey. She really grows in this book, but we don't see a lot of the other characters. I missed the Kelsey/Ren fluff, (Yes, I love Kishan, but not for Kelsey) and even though she was with Kishan for most of the book, they didn't spend much time together. Also, the pacing. It went so fast, I almost wasn't sure what to make of it. First they were attacked by one guy, then as soon as they finished with him, they had to move on and get to the next bad guys. This book seemed a bit rushed. But, that's just me, of course.

I also really missed the way Ren, Kelsey, and Kishan's quests usually went. I missed the...I dunno how to describe it. Maybe the familiarity of it?

And, as much as I love the Ren/Kelsey/Kishan love triangle, I thought that it was a tich drug out. We ALL knew that Kelsey would end up with [spoilers removed] All the drama- it made me want to pull out my hair! It makes me so frustrated that I forget it's all just a book and that it's not really happening. And the fanstastic writing didn't help me out with that. =)

And the ENDING! Oh, holy poxin' cow, the ending!

WHY? Pictures, Images and Photos

why Pictures, Images and Photos

why is this gif pink? Pictures, Images and Photos

Kishan,

WHY Pictures, Images and Photos

Or, I guess it wasn't really Kishan. It would be Phet or 'desinty', or whatever. But that doesn't mean I'm not mad at
ALL
of you!!!

why gif Pictures, Images and Photos

The ending was just so bittersweet. I can't take it.
Now, I must go read Tiger's Destiny over and over, obsessing over every little detail, till Tiger's Dream comes out. See you later!

(Oh. And I give it 4/5 stars)
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tiger's Destiny.

Quotes KaDee Liked

Colleen Houck
“I finally found him sitting on his balcony. He was leaning back against the wall with his eyes closed. Soft music played, and a cool ocean breeze blew back my hair as I stepped on to the balcony and inhaled the scent of the sea.
"May I join you?" I asked softly.
He didn’t bother opening his eyes. "If you like."
The moon in the dark sky looked like a giant white plate dipping its edge into the ocean. We sat quietly for a while. I closed my eyes too and listened to him hum along in harmony with the music.
"You haven’t played your guitar in a long time. I miss it," I said when the song was finished.
Ren turned away. "I fear there is no music left in me.”

Colleen Houck
“Well, because you mysteriously came all this way and obviously are not the man I thought you were, why the heck not. So, Phet, if that’s even your real name, tell
me, how do I defeat Lokesh?”
“It’s simple. Do to him what I did to you.”
“What? Talk to him in broken English?”

Colleen Houck
“Promise you’ll be happy.”

Colleen Houck
“There is still a piece of my heart that belongs to you. I have cherished it all these centuries.”

Colleen Houck
“A happy ending was promised, and a happy ending was delivered.”

Colleen Houck
Don't do that again, he growled in my mind.
Smiling, I thought. You have to admit it was cool.
Cool? You are a devastatingly beautiful angel of death. If death came for me and it looked like you, I'd go willingly.

“Yours in life, Kishan."
"Yours in death, Dhiren”

09/06/2012 "SQUEAL!!!!!!"
09/06/2012 page 155
33.0% "Aww!" 2 comments
09/06/2012 page 311
67.0% "Grrrrrrrr....."
09/06/2012 page 315
67.0% "Kelsey. You. Idiot."
09/06/2012 page 320
68.0% " AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"