Start by marking “Tiger's Destiny (The Tiger Saga, #4)” as Want to Read:
Tiger's Destiny (The Tiger Saga, #4)

Tiger's Destiny

(The Tiger Saga #4)

4.39  ·  Rating details ·  23,063 ratings  ·  2,165 reviews

It's a race against time, and the evil sorcerer Lokesh,
Hardcover, 1st Edition, 464 pages
Published September 4th 2012 by Splinter (first published July 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Tiger's Destiny, please sign up.
Maria I thought it was Ren, no?
…more
I thought it was Ren, no?
(less)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Kim Purnell
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

·  23,063 ratings  ·  2,165 reviews

Start your review of Tiger's Destiny (The Tiger Saga, #4)
Colleen Houck
Jun 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I wrote it sooo there ya go.
Ava
This review contains unmarked spoilers.

If you didn't know before, I used to be very in love with this series before I started getting into other young adult novels. I still enjoy the two first books in the Tiger's Curse series, but after that I started to hate them.

*purses lips*

Let's face it: everyone knew who Kelsey would end up with. If you actually thought that Colleen would try something different, you're wrong, and deep down you knew it. You could hope all you want, but authors rarely take
Enna
UPDATE Nov. 23, 2012

ALKDGJILDSKAJLAKDIS I DON'T KNOW HOW I CAN LIVE ANYMORE!!!! MY EMOTIONS, THE FEELINGS, THE OMG WHAT DID I JUST READ???? COLLEEN HOUCK YOU HAVE UTTERLY RUINED MY LIFE WITH THE MOST AMAZING, HEART-ACHING, EMOTIONAL ROLLER COASTER, AND BEAUTIFUL BOOK EVER.

BUT WHY IS THERE A FIFTH BOOK?!?!?! THIS BOOK HAD A GREAT ENDING!!!

UPDATE Nov. 22, 2012

YOU DON'T KNOW HOW LONG I'VE BEEN WAITING TO READ THIS BOOK. MY COPY FINALLY ARRIVED FROM THE LIBRARY AND I MUST S
jeaninakay
Jul 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
EVEN THOUGH I HAVEN'T READ THIS BOOK I KNOW I WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED IN MRS. HOUCK:) Why couldn't they publish all the books at the same time, THERE IS AN IDEA. Am I right, please someone say yes. Teheheheeeeeeee.
Katie
Similar Books: None that I can think of - this series is something very different than what else is out there in the market.

Real Rating: 3 1/2 stars

This is a hard review for me to write, y'all. I LOVED the first two books in this series. They were like nothing else I'd read, and I couldn't get enough. I loved that Colleen Houck was writing about something you don't see much in YA - Eastern mythology - but even the wicked mythology couldn't save this one for me, unfortunately.

First, let's talk ab
Mizuki
Rating: Actually it should be a negative-20 stars, but Goodread wouldn't allow this rating so I made do with one star. It's easily one of the worst books I've ever read in my life.

Warning: F-words flying from all directions, don't like don't read.

To: Dear Colleen Houck
From: Mizuki

Hello, Colleen Houck.

I'd decided to skip those 'dear this' and 'dear that' because to be frank, I have no respect toward you as an 'author' and I don't really think you deserve to be called one. Still for the sake of bo
Lucy Qhuay
Sorry for all the profanity and spoilers you will read from now on!

That being said...

I am sitting here wondering why the fuck did Colleen Houck do something like this to me and to all the fans of this series.
Tiger Saga was one of my favourite series. Ever. And now the calamity that is this book happened and I know things will never be the same.

I tell you, never in my life have I cursed so much as while I was reading Tiger's Destiny!--'
And why did I curse so much? Because of several things, my
Kat (Lost in Neverland)
That can't be right, it says it only has 250 pages?!?! That's insane! Tiger's Voyage had over 500, this one has HALF of that! :O

UPDATE: No. Fucking Way. They bumped up the release date to September. September.

description

UPDATE: Okay, now it says 400. Still pretty short compared to Tiger's Voyage but I'll take it.

ANOTHER UPDATE: Cover reveal! Okay, well, not really. But it's gonna be green! It tells us that much.

ONE MORE LAST UPDATE, I SWEAR: Cover reveal!!!!!! Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god
Katherine
RATING: 2.5 Out Of 5

Photobucket

Tiger's Destiny has the same flaws that Tiger's Voyage did. Reading Destiny just made me feel like I was reading Voyage all over again and that really does suck. When this series started with Curse, I was in love, the first novel was AMAZING!! I loved loved loved it and the second novel Quest was just as good, but from there everything went downhill.

There is only so long that readers can read the same thing continuously, there is only so long before the same love triangle
Booknut
Jul 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Ok.

*takes a deep breath and squares shoulders*. I can do this.

I'm going to start off by reminding myself - and all of you - of a few key important facts:

1. This books isn't factual
2. Hence magic tigers-turned-man don't exist
3. Hence Ren and Kishan don't exist
4. Hence my life is meaningless fine and I will move on. And survive.
5. My reasoning above is absolute poppycock and I AM SO EMOTIONAL DISTRAUGHT RIGHT NOW!! Uh, well...I can't think of another point.

So, anyways, this is my way of saying tha
Whitney
The new release date for this book is total bullshit . 'Nuff said.
Photobucket

--------------------------

Review to come! :D
Itzel
Apr 08, 2012 rated it it was ok
Warning: There will be spoilers, angry ranting, and profanity in this review. If you are not comfortable with any of these, and loved the book down to every single word, I highly suggest you don't read my review.

I can't even begin to describe how much I hated this book. It hurts me to say this because I loved the first two book, but this book was just a complete disaster from start to finish. I actually threw the book several times, and screamed at Kelsey- who was the problem ninety-nine per
RegencyEmma

Summary

With three of the goddess Durga's quests behind them, only one prophecy now stands in the way of Kelsey, Ren, and Kishan breaking the tiger's curse. But the trio's greatest challenge awaits them: A life-endangering pursuit in search of Durga's final gift, the Rope of Fire, on the Andaman Islands in the Bay of Bengal. It's a race against time--and the evil sorcerer Lokesh

Wow!! ...Just wow! This book is amazing, Colleen has done it again, just blown me away with the sheer ...awesome-ness -
Xnightdx
Feb 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! I WANT IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!! =P

~05/02/12~
I've been dying for this book, please hurry Ms.Colleen Houck.
I <3 ALL of the books, too bad I can't buy them (I'm broke), but I'll try to get them for my birthday (on Sunday).
I can't live without these books.
Please write faster!!!!!!
>.<

~06/18/2012~
OMG THE COVER! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!
;D
Jessica
Nov 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I've seriously enjoyed this series. It's been a nice change from Greek mythology and vampire novels :) Yes, it's another teenage angst drama but the incorporation of Indian mythology sets it apart.
Sally
Jul 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing
omg i cant wait to read it! but im more excited about tigers voyage!!!! only 96 more days to go!(yes i have been counting!)
Rhiannon
Jul 19, 2011 rated it really liked it
AMAZING!!!!

Thank you so very much Colleen Houck for not ruining this book. You rock!!!!
Shruti
Sep 27, 2012 rated it did not like it
Um, okay. Oh. My. God.

WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?

I mean seriously. Was it just me, or did everyone feel like banging their heads against the wall at the STUPIDITY and PURE DUMBNESS of the lead character?

Kelsey Hayes killed me in this book. Her weakness and brainlessness just tortured me to death.

To be honest, this book actually had POTENTIAL if it didn't have such a whiny, stupid heroine. And the worst part is that said heroine was the NARRATOR.

I couldn't stand Kelsey in this book. The way she float
amruta
I... I can't. I can't even begin to fathom how utterly stupid this book is. Where do I even begin?

A couple things before anything else (Warning: angry rant ahead):
1. WHEN YOU WRITE A BOOK INVOLVING MYTHOLOGY AND/OR FOREIGN CULTURES, PLEASE DO ACTUAL RESEARCH. DO SOME HOMEWORK.

2. DON'T MAKE YOUR HEROINE AN IGNORANT WHITE GIRL WHO BARELY DOES ANY RESEARCH. THIS IS INCREDIBLY OFFENSIVE. (More on Kelsey below.)

3. IF YOU'RE GOING TO MIX UP MYTHOLOGIES FROM DIFFERENT CULTURES, PLEASE AT LEAST GI
Erica (storybookend)
Well, this is the first time that I’m not gushing about my love for one of Colleen’s books. It feels so wrong to not love Tiger’s Destiny. But for certain reasons, I couldn’t. This is really weird for me to say this, because I’m one of the biggest fans of this series. The first three books I loved wholeheartedly, I couldn’t get enough of them. They left me breathless and excited. And I was so flipping excited for Tiger’s Destiny. But, to tell you the truth, I was actually worried that I wouldn’t ...more
☆ ĄňŊǡƂėƮĦ ☆ ŞŧŎŋė
This book was very good. Houck continued this great series and this one seemed to be a little less than I expected it to be.

Plot Summary

Kelsey, Ren, and Kishan are still trying to break their curse and the end seems to be getting near. Seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, they set off to find the fourth gift being the Rope of Fire. They go through time to accomplish what needs to get done and defeat the evil Lokesh. The trio cross paths with magical or mythological creatures. There are m
Syndi
Oct 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
phew! finally the soap opera love triangle ended. what a relief.

aside from that, i enjoy this book. the myth and the twist towards the end os very interesting although there is so many loopholes. but its ok. i take it.

wait!! there is still book 5?? oh no! i hope no more love triangle again this time.
Jess
Jul 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: EVVEREEBODAI
For the love of enchiladas, hold on to your false teeth, this book is one hell of a ride! Titled as my most anticipated read for 2012, Tiger's Destiny is out of this world! Literally.

Oh my watermelons, I don't know what to say. All these thoughts are just swirling around in my head, preventing me from doing anything but sitting here looking dumb...er than usual. I'll try my best to avoid spoilers, but any connections or inferences you make with a super human brain is not my fault. Seeing as my e
Darian Reese
Jul 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Cant wait to read the fourth chapter in the most AMAZING saga I have ever read!! :)
Bibi
Jan 22, 2012 marked it as to-read
If Lokesh impregnates Kelsey, i'm gonna be one pissed little
bilauta.
Andierheart
Jun 25, 2011 marked it as to-read
IM ALREADY SOOO EXCITED :):):) ( INSERT GIRLISH SQUEAL OF HAPPINESS HERE)!!:)
Nasty Lady MJ
Jun 19, 2014 rated it did not like it
To view the full review and see what series is going to destroy my liver next click on one of the following links:

My blog/a>

Booklikes

Let’s just put it this way, if all the other books in the Tiger series are farts (and they are) would smell so bad it would probably be consider a weapon of mass destruction or at the very least get whatever building it was let in condemned.It’s that bad.

I don’t even know why it exists to be honest.

I guess to resolve the stupid love triangle. But with the resolutio
Mitch
Sep 04, 2012 rated it it was ok
I feel like I’ve read this book already, only last time it was called Tiger’s Voyage. Whether it’s the quest into another fantastical realm, the villain who only pops up at the beginning and the end, or the triangle that’s already been stretched out for way too long, it seems to me like the Tiger’s Curse series has fallen into a certain formula - and it’s getting stale. And with Tiger’s Dream on the way early next year, I’m not even sure if the ending, which seems pretty final to me, will stick. ...more
Jenna D.
Jul 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Just finished this book completely tonight. No words. Just so much LOVE for this series. BEST. BEST... Beautiful. Thank you, Colleen.

5 star review coming Sept. 4!
Tara Higgins
Jan 27, 2015 rated it it was ok
Ending was disappointing and I expected it to be better. It was meh.
YA Buddy Readers'...: Tiger's Destiny BUDDY READ Starting March 21, 2020 14 6 Mar 25, 2020 04:44PM
Tiger's Curse Obs...: who did you want kelsey to marry 2 4 Mar 08, 2018 02:04PM
Ren or Kishan. Thoughts anyone? 131 305 Jan 12, 2016 01:39PM
The ending +SPOILERS+ 14 84 May 18, 2015 10:34AM
What would you do in Kelsey's position? (spoilers) 1 7 May 12, 2015 08:53AM
Who liked the ending of the series? 5 31 Feb 05, 2015 08:11PM
Tiger's Destiny out of context quotes 1 13 Nov 22, 2014 04:25PM

• Encontrada (Perdida #2)
  • Perdida (Perdida #1)
  • Mentira Perfeita
  • A World Away
  • Finale (Hush, Hush, #4)
  • Playing with Matches
  • Mônica: Força
  • Menos Que Nada
  • Escola dos Mortos
  • The Iron Knight (The Iron Fey, #4)
  • Crescendo (Hush, Hush, #2)
  • 4h44 (Les ailes d'Alexanne, #1)
  • As You Wish (Genies #1)
  • Com Amor, Kellan : (volume 2)
  • PRÍNCIPE DOS MORTOS: Duologia Escola dos Mortos 2
  • O Conde Apaixonado
  • The Iron Queen (The Iron Fey, #3)
New York Times Bestselling Author Colleen Houck is a lifelong reader whose literary interests include action, adventure, science fiction, and romance. Formerly a student at the University of Arizona, she worked as a nationally certified American Sign Language interpreter for seventeen years before switching careers to become an author. Colleen lives in Salem, Oregon, with her husband and a huge as ...more

The Tiger Saga (5 books)
  • Tiger's Curse (The Tiger Saga, #1)
  • Tiger's Quest (The Tiger Saga, #2)
  • Tiger's Voyage (The Tiger Saga, #3)
  • Tiger's Dream (The Tiger Saga, #5)