Aussie Lovers of Crime/Mystery/Thriller/Suspense discussion

In the Woods (Dublin Murder Squad, #1)
This topic is about In the Woods
Archives > Oct - Dec 2012 Group Reads: In The Woods

Comments Showing 1-50 of 68 (68 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Michael (knowledgelost) Looks like our next book will be In the Woods by Tana French. We will be starting reading this book in October so you have time to get a copy of this book if needed.

Kaylene Looking forward to this one, I'm glad it made the cut!

message 3: by Brenda, Suspense lover! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Brenda | 9730 comments Mod
Well, looks like I'll pick this one up from my library...

Windyhill | 6 comments Count me in for this one

message 5: by Brenda, Suspense lover! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yes, we can all start it now:)

message 6: by Robert (new) - added it

Robert Davis (robert_davis) I'l get my copy from the library also Brenda, hopefully before the new year... this is a very popular title for book clubs and every copy is checked out.

message 7: by Brenda, Suspense lover! (new) - rated it 5 stars

I'm #1 in the queue at my library now, so won't be long for me:) Hope you can get a copy soon Robert.

message 8: by Brenda, Suspense lover! (new) - rated it 5 stars

That's great Outi! Good to know it's sold all over the place:) I was notified today that my copy is waiting for me at the library:)

Sharon | 13 comments I have my copy also from the library. I start reading tomorrow.

message 10: by Brenda, Suspense lover! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Have you started Sharon? I picked mine up this morning, but I won't start for a little while!

Elaine | 52 comments Oh no just picked up my copy of In the Woods from the library and it's soooo thick. How am I going to read this and Rebecca and all the other books I'm meant to be reading for other book clubs by the end of the month???!!!
Oh well I guess the housework will just have to wait.

message 12: by Brenda, Suspense lover! (last edited Oct 10, 2012 11:16PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elaine wrote: "Oh no just picked up my copy of In the Woods from the library and it's soooo thick. How am I going to read this and Rebecca and all the other books I'm meant to be reading for other book clubs by t..."

Elaine, you have until the end of December to read In the Woods and Rebecca...plenty of time;)

Our reads are quarterly reads:)

Sharon | 13 comments Brenda wrote: "Have you started Sharon? I picked mine up this morning, but I won't start for a little while!"

I plan to start reading it tonight after tea.

Elaine I was a bit worried also when I saw how thick the book was but luckily I have only 1 other book left to read this month for other challenges.

I'm getting Rebecca for Christmas but I'm sure nobody will mind if I read it before I wrap it up for Christmas, especially since I'm fairly certain Mickey also plans to read it before I wrap it up.

Elaine | 52 comments Well that takes the pressure off, Brenda. I must be mixing it up with one of the other book clubs who do 2 books a month. Although I have borrowed both books from the library so I'll still have to get a move on.

I like your thinking Sharon!!!

message 15: by Brenda, Suspense lover! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sharon wrote: "Brenda wrote: "Have you started Sharon? I picked mine up this morning, but I won't start for a little while!"

I plan to start reading it tonight after tea.

Elaine I was a bit worried also when I..."

Hahaha!! Just forget about it so it's a surprise when you open it;P

message 16: by Brenda, Suspense lover! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elaine wrote: "Well that takes the pressure off, Brenda. I must be mixing it up with one of the other book clubs who do 2 books a month. Although I have borrowed both books from the library so I'll still have to ..."

Yes, we will only read 2 per quarter, to make it easier for everyone, with all the other reading which needs to be done!

Sharon | 13 comments I have made a start and have read the prologue and first 2 chapters. I am absolutely loving this book. Tana is such a descriptive writing, you can see in your mind everything she is describing so clearly. Love the 2 main characters and how they relate to each other. Bit annoyed actually that I have to put the book up for the night and go to bed (6.30am start in the morning). I really don't want to put the book down, I want to continue reading through the night.

message 18: by Brenda, Suspense lover! (new) - rated it 5 stars

That's good news Sharon...thanks:)

Sharon | 13 comments I have almost finished In The Woods (Dublin Murder Squad, #1) by Tana French

Less than 100 pages to go. Hopefully I'll finish it tonight. It really gets you involved and it is very hard to put down. I'll have to find time to read the other books in this series as I'm enjoying the way that Tana writes and hoping the characters in her other books are as "real" as those in this book.

message 20: by Brenda, Suspense lover! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sharon wrote: "I have almost finished In The Woods (Dublin Murder Squad, #1) by Tana French

Less than 100 pages to go. Hopefully I'll finish it tonight. It really gets you involved and it is very hard to put down. I'll have to find ..."

That's good to hear Sharon. I'll be starting mine in the next couple of weeks (hopefully!)

Sharon | 13 comments Brenda wrote: "Sharon wrote: "I have almost finished In The Woods (Dublin Murder Squad, #1) by Tana French

Less than 100 pages to go. Hopefully I'll finish it tonight. It really gets you involved and it is very hard to put down. I'l..."

I have finished. So much to discuss. Hope everyone else gets as much out of reading it as I have.

message 22: by Brenda, Suspense lover! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Fantastic Sharon...will/have you do/done a review?

Sharon | 13 comments Brenda wrote: "Fantastic Sharon...will/have you do/done a review?"

Have written heaps in my notebook but still trying to sort my thoughts out before writing up my review, but will definitely write one soon. Will post link when I've finished.

message 24: by Brenda, Suspense lover! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sharon wrote: "Brenda wrote: "Fantastic Sharon...will/have you do/done a review?"

Have written heaps in my notebook but still trying to sort my thoughts out before writing up my review, but will definitely write..."

Thanks Sharon, I look forward to it:)

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Hoping to start this the next time I visit my local library. *crosses fingers*

message 26: by Brenda, Suspense lover! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Good luck Mickey:)

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

I have a copy!!! I'll start it tomorrow.

message 28: by Brenda, Suspense lover! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Good on you Mickey:)

message 29: by Brenda, Suspense lover! (new) - rated it 5 stars

It is next on my list after the one I'm reading now... Trust Your Eyes by Linwood Barclay :)

message 30: by Brenda, Suspense lover! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Outi wrote: "I'm hoping to start this book next weekend, after my exam on Friday."

Good luck with your exam Outi!

message 31: by Sharon (last edited Oct 22, 2012 07:52PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sharon | 13 comments My review :

http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

Have just started the second book in the series as I have a few days before i can start my November challenges.

message 32: by Brenda, Suspense lover! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Great review Sharon:) I didn't view your spoiler, as I haven't read it yet;)

message 33: by Brenda, Suspense lover! (new) - rated it 5 stars

I just started this one:)

Michael (knowledgelost) Awesome my copy is ready and waiting

Kaylene I've also just started this and I'm really enjoying it so far.

message 36: by Brenda, Suspense lover! (new) - rated it 5 stars

I'm also enjoying it, I'm about a third of the way in...

message 37: by Brenda, Suspense lover! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Good news Outi!

message 38: by Brenda, Suspense lover! (new) - rated it 5 stars

I'm almost 3/4 of the way through this book, and LOVING IT!!!! It is very intense......

message 39: by Brenda, Suspense lover! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Oh, I could just SLAP Rob!!!!

Sharon | 13 comments Brenda wrote: "Oh, I could just SLAP Rob!!!!"

I know how you feel but I think he needs more than a slap.

Kaylene I'm on page 129, so it sounds like it's going to get even more intense after reading your comments! Oh my!

message 42: by Brenda, Suspense lover! (new) - rated it 5 stars

I agree.....

It's great Kaylene! I'm less than 100 pages to go. O_o!!

message 43: by Brenda, Suspense lover! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Finished!!! Brilliant! 5 stars, review to follow:)

Kaylene Ooh 1/2 way through....so intense..it has me gripped!!

message 45: by Brenda, Suspense lover! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kaylene wrote: "Ooh 1/2 way through....so intense..it has me gripped!!"

:):)

message 46: by Brenda, Suspense lover! (new) - rated it 5 stars

My review for this novel:) http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

Sharon | 13 comments Brenda now that you have finished the novel did you go back and read my spoilers? If so just wondering what you thought of my ideas.

message 48: by Brenda, Suspense lover! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Oh no, I didn't Sharon (I forgot!) I'll do that now:)

message 49: by Brenda, Suspense lover! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Absolutely agree with you 100% Sharon! You are totally spot on!

Kaylene Finished this today - what a cracking read! 5 stars from me and I will definitely read more of Tana French's books. Fab choice! :)

« previous 1