Taking Chances (Taking Chances, #1) Taking Chances discussion

Chase

Comments (showing 1-50 of 136) (136 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

* Sara Johns* I feel like I need a support group after reading that lol

message 2: by Dee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee Me too! I am still recovering from this book, I just finished it last night. Am so upset about the turn of events!

Pamela I really wasn't expecting what happened...took me completely by surprise! And it wasn't a good surprise at all!

message 4: by MaL (new) - rated it 3 stars

MaL I agree with all that!! Omg!! That book was cray cray!! Im so depressed!!

Eriemay Escudero the book is good.. but i lost interest after chase died. :(

* Sara Johns* Same here... Its been 2 days and I'm still upset about it. I cried like I actually lost someone real lol.

Pamela OMG. I can not believe that Chase died. I did not see that coming. This book was really great.

Danielle Eriemay wrote: "the book is good.. but i lost interest after chase died. :("

I agree! I pretty much just skimmed the rest of the book after that.

Tara I am with you in needing a support group...I actually favored Brandon until she got pregnant and then I saw how Chase was with her, and just when I was okay with her moving forward with Chase, WTF!?!?! I feel like I've been an emotional disaster ever since. I'm already upset even just thinking about reading it from Chase's POV - bring on the Kleenex :'(

message 10: by Sam (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sam I went into my sister's room and cried for twenty minutes.

message 11: by MaL (new) - rated it 3 stars

MaL Tara wrote: "I am with you in needing a support group...I actually favored Brandon until she got pregnant and then I saw how Chase was with her, and just when I was okay with her moving forward with Chase, WTF!..."

Chases point of view?! I dont think I can handle that read!!

Elisa I was reading it late at night while my husband was sleeping. I gasped when I read that Chase died and then sobbed. I totally thought my husband was going to wake up because of my sobbing.

Laplumedelyla I agree with all what have been said above.
Is there someone who wasn't depressed after reading this book? I was a mess after Chase's death. Couldn't think about anything else. And well, I lost interest too... Killer mood.

Can't wait to read Chase's POV even though I know It's going to broke my heart again :(

Norlin I just wished Chase wasn't killed off. I think the word gobsmacked doesn't even describe how I was when I got to that part of the book. I can see why the author decided to kill him off when she explained it in her Q&A but after reading the book, I just wanted her to resurrect him, and make it so that it was all a bad dream. That she was still with Chase. Can't believe I cried when he died!

Yolanda I was reading it on my phone while walking (no I didn't trip, I got mad skills!) to pick my kids up from school, I couldn't even cry!! I had to keep putting my head back so the tears wouldn't start so the other mums wouldn't think I was a lunatic! Even though all I wanted to do was get into the fetal position and sob my heart out!

I liked chase and brandon. I was hoping they were going to become polygamous.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

I had to read the "death" chapter like 4 times because I didn't want it to be true... I kept thinking that maybe it was a dream she was having. Since pregnant women have really crazy vivid dreams!
Hey maybe the Author will pull a Roseanne and have this be a "what-if" scenario... Maybe a sequel will come out and have it where Harper didn't let Chase leave that day and he's still alive. :)

One can hope right?!?

Kellie * Sara * wrote: "I feel like I need a support group after reading that lol"

I totally agree! I can't believe it, I was completely heartbroken!!!!!

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Tara wrote: "I am with you in needing a support group...I actually favored Brandon until she got pregnant and then I saw how Chase was with her, and just when I was okay with her moving forward with Chase, WTF!..."

I have always been a Chase fan... I don't really know why exactly because Brandon was always so good to her. Maybe it has to do with Chase changing so much for her, and not the superficial stuff but realizing that he wanted to be a better person for her.
Ugh, and then how he was after he learned she was pregnant was adorable. I wanted them together so bad!
I've joined a group that the author started and in there she explains so much about her thought process while writing the book. Including how originally she was going to have Harper and Chase together but after reading Beautiful Disaster and Thoughtless she thought the book would be so similar to them that she had to change it.

Reanell Tisdale * Sara * wrote: "Same here... Its been 2 days and I'm still upset about it. I cried like I actually lost someone real lol."

I cried too, it felt like my heart was ripped out!

message 20: by Keri (new) - rated it 5 stars

Keri WOW!!! This book was a complete emotional whirl-wind. My heart was crushed, ripped apart, and then put back together. I went through plenty of tums and tissues.

Heather Quebedeaux I loved this book! yes it was a emotional roller coaster but it was still great! Cant wait to read Chase's POV even tho I know I'm gonna be crying lol

Sugar I'm super upset!!! I don't understand why they let Liam call chase UNCLE! Wtf is that? And can the author write another book about them again without killing Chase, PLEASE!!!!

Lauren (aplpeach) I can't believe he dies. I cried like a little baby. When does Chase's POV come out. How are they going to to do that? Have him talk about their relationship from Beyond? Cause i think that would be kinda creepy.

Valerie I'm glad I'm not alone in my feelings about this book! I really liked it but MAN, I cried like a baby!! :-/ The POV is gonna be a rough read.. no joke!

Adina I didn't know who i would have choosen between the two so in a way i didn't have to make a choice but damn if it didn't break my heart a little that chase didn't even get to see his kid!

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Lauren (aplpeach) wrote: "I can't believe he dies. I cried like a little baby. When does Chase's POV come out. How are they going to to do that? Have him talk about their relationship from Beyond? Cause i think that wou..."

I think it's supposed to come out in March. And I'm not sure but Chase's POV would probably be from the moment he meets Harper to when he dies. Or even before he meets Harper.

Nicole I really enjoyed the book, cried my eyes out when I found out about Chase though. I cant wait to read about Chase's POV but I think I will need to restock the tissues.

message 28: by Christine (last edited Sep 29, 2012 02:32PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Christine This book has scarred me. My heart has been ripped and pulled and twisted in every direction possible. I hate this book...I love this book. I can't even decide, but I surely can't stop thinking about it so the author definitely did something right for sure.
I love that Brandon and Harper got their HEA, but my heart breaks that Chase didn't get his. And he left the house thinking that she didn't trust him and knowing that she was hurt and angry with him and the torture he must of been going through in his own mind not even remembering what happened. He was innocent and he had to be the one to suffer...argh!
And Trish??? She got off way too easy, a slap? That girl deserved so much worse, I wanted to rip her out of the pages and choke her myself.

Renee Eriemay wrote: "the book is good.. but i lost interest after chase died. :("

me too... it just dragged on and on and on...

message 30: by Nins (new) - rated it 3 stars

Nins I had to stop reading for a while when he died. Chase :(
The "Unca Chase" part in the end made me cry again.

Ashley I need to join the support group !!! Omg when chase died i had to stop reading it i wasn't gonna finish it but after 2 days i decided i needed to and i found my self getting so annoyed the whole time like i know u haves to move on but it's like she never brings up chase till the end ! I know having a baby is a happy beautiful thing i have 3 but i would think that i would at least be like i wish chase was here for this not how perfect Brandon is with him ! She never talks about telling him anything other then the one time Brandon did ! She just seems to forget after the first few days ! Liem chase ? I think it should have been the other way around! Given it does sound better lien chase but still on principal his dad s name should be first ! And uncle chase omg that drove me crazy i know it's hard to explain to little kids but that doesn't mean you don't try !!! Maybe my frustrations were because i preferred chase over Brandon but i really felt i grieved chase more then haper !!! Had to vent sorry thanks for listening !!!!

message 32: by Jessica (last edited Oct 02, 2012 12:31AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jessica i'm still depressed that Chase is gone, i mean from the beginning i was like TEAM CHASE all the way but when he died, i feel like i don't want to read the book anymore. When i heard about Chase POV i don't think i can't handle it, BUT i need to feel Chase again. so TEAM CHASE!

message 33: by Tedi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tedi I wasn't planning on reading the whole book in one day, but when I got to the part where Chase died I just had to finish it! I though it was a Harper dreaming at first, but when there was no end to the "dream" I realized that this was the biggest shocker ever! i still can't believe he was killed off.... Ugh Im so mad! So I kept reading just to see if it gets better, and honestly I think it was good that she ended up with Brandon, but why is Chase deeeeaaddddd ???? :(((( Im so upset!

Sonia I totally ugly cried while reading this book. After Chase died, I had a hard time finishing it too. I had no idea why the author would get us all emotionally invested in Chase and then just snatch him away like that? It just seemed like he wasn't given a fair chance to prove himself to Harper. I would have been much happier had she just let Harper think he was a cheater and have their relationship end that way than how it really did.

I've read that the author is planning to do a book through Chase's POV and I'm a bit unsure about it. His ending is horrible, and reading it through Harper's POV was already bad enough. Now we have to relive it through his? Sad day.

But, as much as it sucks, if she does do the book I will probably end up reading it just because it's Chase. No matter how heartbreaking it is.

Nicole I was totally ruting for Chase, I really wanted him to prove himself to her, to make it right, and even still if she wanted to be with Brandond I could see that taking place, but for him to be taken away like that, it was hard to handle. I will read the book from Chase's POV but Im deffinitely going to have tissues on hand this time.

Adina Nicole wrote: "I was totally ruting for Chase, I really wanted him to prove himself to her, to make it right, and even still if she wanted to be with Brandond I could see that taking place, but for him to be take..."

i agreee so much i could see in the end her choosing brandon butfor him to just die! it was unexpexted and damn if it didn't hurt. sucked he never gt 2 see him kid!

message 37: by Lisa (last edited Oct 08, 2012 04:54PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Lisa I have to agree with most of you. I thought this book is great then Chase dies and now I wish I never read it. The way they mourned his death was just ridiculous. I mean really his own mother wasn't even that upset. Harper grieved for like 2 weeks. You knew exactly what was going to happen when Brandon was back in her life. In the end Chase became a sperm donator for "their " son. Liam Chase Taylor the author didn't even give him Chase's last name. Don't even get me started on the Uncle Chase part. I had to re-read that a couple of times saying to myself did his son just call him uncle. I am so upset with the direction the author went with this book. It will definitely be on my DO NOT RECOMMEND list.

Raisa Elisa wrote: "I was reading it late at night while my husband was sleeping. I gasped when I read that Chase died and then sobbed. I totally thought my husband was going to wake up because of my sobbing."

I was the exact same way!! I was reading it and I got to the part where he died around 130am and my bf was asleep and I'm laying there balling my eyes out trying to shut the hell up! The tears kept on falling as I was reading!

message 39: by MaL (new) - rated it 3 stars

MaL Lisa wrote: "I have to agree with most of you. I thought this book is great then Chase dies and now I wish I never read it. The way they mourned his death was just ridiculous. I mean really his own mother was..."

I agree. Not only did he die but they got rid of Chase completely. The whole uncle Chase and naming the baby after Brandons dead father was ridic!! It really could have been a great book but that was so lame.

Roselin Denis I finish this book a couple of days ago and I still cant get chase out of my mind. This is seriously messing up with my mind is like am grieving a real person is crazy.

Priscilla I finished this morning and I'm still crying,chase touched my heart,when he said ,(when he said I was going to ask you marry me after graduation ,then he dies ,I'm crying just writing this.

Syndie760 I definitely agreed with you on this one. After Chase died... (and with the knowing of her not saying she loves him back and all of that .. she goes on and still says that she has feelings for Brandon?) And them putting away the ring that she finds that Chase got for her? The book kinda dragged on after Chase dies. AND all that girl got was a hit in the face?? What??? Isn't drugging someone illegal that they won't press charges on her?

Priscilla Isaw some were ,she was talking about working on something called TAKING HARPER,hope she tell us something about it.

message 44: by Emma (new) - rated it 3 stars

Emma Matthews Tara wrote: "I am with you in needing a support group...I actually favored Brandon until she got pregnant and then I saw how Chase was with her, and just when I was okay with her moving forward with Chase, WTF!..."

I actually don't think i could read the book from Chase's P.O.V, this book destroyed me once already i don't think i can handle being emotionally invested in him when i know he's gonna die.

Farah *Professor Dean's Beauty* I never ever write a review or a comment on a book but I had to for this one because it hurt me so much.

Firstly! I am so seriously pissed that Chase died! I was reading the book last night while my husband was asleep and when I got to Chases death I had to put it down and go to sleep at around 1am cos I was sobbing so badly!
Really?! After everything that happened he had to die?
I don't really care that it was similar to thoughtless and beautiful disaster so she had to kill him?

Its like the time that went into the book was such a waste!!! He did so much for her- with the ring, the tatoo, the car. Its like he changed his whole world.

Then this morning (after I had 5hrs restless sleep dreaming of Chase) I decided to read on a bit- then it just plain pissed me off that she moved on and forgot him!
I cried again when Brandon was telling Liam about Chase but still didn't fill the pain in my heart!

I really got to start reading in depth reviews before I read a book cos I would have NEVER read this one!!!

No point of the bad boy getting the good girl and then kill him!

I hope the author doesn't write a book from Chase's view because I definately won't read it! There is only so many times I can get my heart broken. The first time I didn't expect it when reading the book but no way will I read it again from Chase's view unless I'm one of those people who like to self inflict pain!!

Farah *Professor Dean's Beauty* I never ever write a review or a comment on a book but I had to for this one because it hurt me so much.

Firstly! I am so seriously pissed that Chase died! I was reading the book last night while my husband was asleep and when I got to Chases death I had to put it down and go to sleep at around 1am cos I was sobbing so badly!
I don't really care that it was similar to thoughtless and beautiful disaster so she had to kill him?

Its like the time that went into the book was such a waste!!! He did so much for her- with the ring, the tatoo, the car. Its like he changed his whole world.

Then this morning (after I had 5hrs restless sleep dreaming of Chase) I decided to read on a bit- then it just plain pissed me off that she moved on and forgot him!
I cried again when Brandon was telling Liam about Chase but still didn't fill the pain in my heart!

I really got to start reading in depth reviews before I read a book cos I would have NEVER read this one!!!

I hope the author doesn't write a book from Chase's view because I definately won't read it! There is only so many times I can get my heart broken. The first time I didn't expect it when reading the book but no way will I read it again from Chase's view unless I'm one of those people who like to self inflict pain!!

Cherrym134 I need support!!! started reading 4hours ago and i have just reached the car crash, been crying for past hour... i dont think i can carry one, can anyone convince me to carry on??

« previous 1 3