Zombies! discussion

Zombie Survival Skills > 10 items...

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

The Crimson Fucker (Feanor01) so... it finally happen a level 4 zombie outbreak. After you call every single person that you know... to scream at them: I TOLD YOU SO!!!!. you start to get ready to go out there and do your thing. what are the 10 top items on your zombie outbreak kit that you think will guarantee your survival against the living dead?

here is my list:

1. Water (because i don't wanna get dehydrated while running for my life)
2. Riot Gear (because i want to look cool while killing zombies)
3.AK-47 (because i want the most reliable weapon that my sad salary can buy the idea of a jammed weapon irritates me)
4. Laptop with maps of the entire country and the flying helicopter for dummies Ebook. (first everybody who knows me is aware of the fact that i get lost every 2 blocks, second if I see a helicopter I'm taking it.)
5. Food
6. First aid kit and a lot of antibiotics.
7. caffeine pills and Dramamine (enough to keep me awake till 2010 and the Dramamine to help me with the shakes)
8. Shinken Katana (because eventually I'm going to ran out of ammunition and i don't know about you people but i want a good iron for my last stand)
9. Stereo (because i belive zombies dance and even if they don't I'm planing on making my last stand to the rhythm of Manowar's Achilles, Agony And Ecstasy.)
10. condoms (because chicks dig survivals)

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

1. Water containers and tablets for cleaning river water.
2. Tight-fitting clothes.
3. Pistol with kick and a sack of ammunition
4. First aid kit with simple instructions for common infections, illnesses, and injuries
5. Compact hikers' food and a few luxury items to be eaten in moments of sullen depression
6. Japanese shovel thingy from _The Zombie Survival Guide_
7. Journal with pens/second journal with local and national maps with locations of geographic locations, not as much manmade buildings.
8. Inclement weather wear (tight snow jacket, blanket, etc.)
9. Night-vision goggles with appropriate solar powering device to charge in the day.
10. Cyanide pill

message 3: by Charissa (new)

Charissa (dakinigrl) | 15 comments 1) water bags and either iodine or a filter
2) hiking boots, Hinds polypro pants, wool socks, REI jacket, silk thermal wear, good hat, fingerless gloves
3) Hummer
4) Glock .40 automatic handgun and lots of ammo
5) Celtic combat sword
6) caviar, luna bars, oat cakes, dark chocolate, peanut butter, beef jerky, dog food, swiss army knife
7) sleeping bag & pad (if I'm gonna die I'm gonna die comfortable)
8) weatherproof matches & firestarter blocks
9) iPod
10) opiates, tequila, cigarettes, killer bud & rolling papers. It's the end of the world, why be sober?

The Crimson Fucker (Feanor01) charissa, if you dont mind me asking whats the dog food for???

message 5: by Fredstrong (new)

Fredstrong | 36 comments I wanna go with Charissa, she's got her priorities straight!

message 6: by J-Lynn (new)

J-Lynn (JVanPelt) | 15 comments Man, once again Brendan and Alfonso prove to me that I have not given this enough thought. I second all the rational stuff about first aid kits, all weather clothing, water purifiers, weapons, etc.

Would also include walkie talkies for when the cells no longer work and a hand held ham radio with chargers.

My Red Cross training booklets for disaster situations.

Penicillan

Binoculars

A puppy that I could train to be an early warning system.

message 7: by Dr. Evil (new)

Dr. Evil (jake) | 11 comments 1) Water jugs
2)M-16
3)waterproof underclothes
4)body armor
5)Uzi or another automatic weapon
6)A sword(in case I run out of ammo)
7)some nike shoes (or some other fast shoes)
8)a laptop
9)a fast car
10)a german-sheaperd(i just saw I Am Legend)

message 8: by Brian (new)

Brian | 3 comments Dog food is a very good idea. It is designed to completely support the dietary needs of a dog (which means you could eat it exclusively without having problems with deficiency disease). Also, if you get the right kind, it will be safe to eat for years.

The Crimson Fucker (Feanor01) brian, i dont care if dog food will give me super powers,i aint eating that, and im as afraid of scurvy as anyone else still wont eat it!!!

message 10: by Cookie (new)

Cookie (cookie_beck) | 36 comments How afraid is the average person afraid of scurvy, really? Or is just in the case of a zombie outbreak that we're talking about?

I'd take:

Brendan
Charissa
FredStrong
J-Lynn
Dr. Evil

Because you guys have your stuff all planned. And I? Not so much a planner. More of a thinker-on-my-feeter. And I'm totally funny, and I'll make you guys laugh in the face of death. Especially if Charissa shares her weed with me.

Alfonso, I'd take you, but Brendan hates you. (j/k!)

message 11: by Thee_ron_clark (new)

Thee_ron_clark | 48 comments Any Red Dwarf fans?

I was just thinking about the episode where Lister spoke about the taste of dog food. "Now I know why dogs lick their testicles. It's to get the taste out of their mouths."

My ten items:

1. Water purification tablets.
2. Two changes of clothing. This would include shoes.
3. Pistol, preferably .22LR or something small to allow me to carry more ammunition easily. A shoulder or hip holster would be wonderful to keep this baby handy.
4. Rifle, preferably .223. .223 is a high velocity ammunition meant to hit and tumble. It's also a light ammunition. The rifle will require a sling for easy carrying.
4. Toothbrush.
5. MREs, broken down and other easily carried rations.
6. Sleeping bag.
7. Large wet weather poncho.
8. Military E-Tool. Various uses, to include digging holes and bashing skulls. Also comes in a handy case that can be clipped to the outside of a rucksack, which brings me to my next item.....
9. Rucksack. You need something to carry all of this in.
10. Small flashlight and batteries. Might need to secure some dark areas.

message 12: by Charissa (new)

Charissa (dakinigrl) | 15 comments Alfonso... the dog food is for my dog! I have a Golden Retriever and if the zombies come the cats can fend for themselves but I'm taking that doggie with me in the Hummer! And he sure as hell isn't eating my caviar.

Fredstrong, Cookie... baby come with me... you can share my weed and wield the short sword when things get hairy. Bring single malt and some Guinness, ok?

message 13: by Fredstrong (new)

Fredstrong | 36 comments LOL, I'm there Charissa!!! But we have to bring my dog also, he's a big great dane, but he'll be a good 1st line of defense. I'll contribute a case of Bowmore 20 year, port-cask-aged single malt, as well as Guiness and Bass! I guess we'll always have to have a designated Zombie lookout, but such is life.

message 14: by Mark (new)

Mark Cato | 3 comments 1. Backpack modified with quick-release capabilities.
2. Minimal climbing gear.
3. Sleeping bag.
4. A couple changes of clothes, including technical clothing and full-body leather gear, with spiked dog collar.
5. Water containers and iodine tablets.
6. Waterproof matches.
7. Two-way or short-wave radio.
8. MRE or backpacking food.
9. Shaolin Spade. I'd like to modify it to include a small hook at the end, good for snagging fire escapes and the like.
10. Handgun with a big clip.

The top item on my wish list is an explosive charge implanted in my head wired to a pulse monitor. If I die, I want my head to pop within the next minute.