Randi Ryan
Randi Ryan asked Katie McGarry:

*how many books are you planning to write for the Pushing the Limits series? *how do you get over writer's block? *when writing, do you determine central plot line or characters first? *what's your favorite color?

Katie McGarry Hi Randi,

Thank you for the question!

As of this moment, I don't have any more books planned for the Pushing the Limits series, but I will stop short of saying I that I'm done. :-) The series includes: Pushing the Limits, Crossing the Line, Breaking the Rules, Dare You To, Crash Into You, Take Me On, Chasing Impossible, The Proposal, and First Loves.

Hopefully you've had a chance to read the Thunder Road series (Nowhere But Here, Walk the Edge, and Long Way Home)! I also have a new stand alone book that will be released in January 2018, Say You'll Remember Me!

How do I get over writers block? Writer's block for me is typically when I've taken a wrong turn in the story and I haven't admitted that to myself yet. I usually take a break, go for a run, watch TV then start reading what I've written from the start to see where I went wrong.

When writing, do you determine central plot line or characters first? A bit of both. There are times I have an idea for a plot for. Sometimes it is the character. Most times I have a vague idea for a book and a vague idea for a character. I start to write and then the plot and the character come to life on the page. But by doing this, I have to be okay cutting a lot of what I initially write.

What's your favorite color? Purple. :-)

Thank you,

Katie