Abbie Dawson
Abbie Dawson asked Katie McGarry:

Hi! If you had one piece of advice for someone suffering with 'writer's block', what would it be?

Katie McGarry Hi Abbie,

Writer's Block for me typically means I have taken a wrong turn in the story. I plot out all my books, and I'm very determine to write the book to plot.

With that said, I have written quite a few books and not one of those books have been written to the original plot. I hit writer's block with each book and that's because my characters were demanding me to go in one direction and I was determined to stick to the plot.

I usually take some time off from my book when I have writer's block. I then go back and reread all that I've read. I keep an open mind of where my characters would like to go instead of where I want them to go. Often times this means I will have to cut words in order to go forward.

I have a new book that will be released in January 2018! I hope you'll have a chance to read Say You'll Remember Me!

I hope this helps.

Katie