Swati
Swati asked Susan Mallery:

Hello Susan, My name is Swati. I recently read your Fool's Gold Series and fell in love with the characters more so with the town you created. I just wanted to know how did you create this fictional town of Fool's Gold? Some of the details were so intricately described that I just couldn't help but wonder whether there really is such a town or some what similar to it from where you got your inspiration.

Susan Mallery Hi, Swati! I'm so glad you're enjoying Fool's Gold. Have you visited the Fool's Gold website (www.foolsgoldca.com)? Lots of bonus details there, including a map that shows where the characters live.

Fool's Gold is entirely fictional and is not based on a real place, though I have visited several small towns in that area of California. It's very gratifying to me to hear that it feels like a real place to you. It does to me, too, and I love going back there with each new book!
Susan Mallery