Edan
Edan asked Michael Pollan:

I love your work--both the writing you've done about food and the food industry, and your earlier work that covers an array of topics--The Botany of Desire, for instance, is so fun. I wonder if you're sticking to food as a topic for good, or if you have plans to write on a different subject. If it's food all the way, that's great. If there are new topics obsessing you lately, can you reveal what they are?

Michael Pollan I'm interested in other topics, and have been working on them since the publication of Cooked. Check out my New Yorker piece on plant intelligence, published last December. (Search pollan and plant intelligence, or go to the articles page on my website, michaelpollan.com). I'm working now on one food-related article and one completely unrelated, so I think you will see my interests developing in other directions. And if you look at my earlier work --Second Nature, A Place of My Own and Botany-- you'll see that my deepest interest is in nature and how our species engages with it.
Michael Pollan