Tommie Morris
Tommie Morris asked Susan Mallery:

How did you start the Fool's Gold series?They have been such a great hit with readers!!!

Susan Mallery Hi, Tommie! I first decided to write a series about a town in late 2008, early 2009, and there was a story on the news about the upcoming 2010 census. I thought to myself, "What is the most embarrassing thing that a town could discover about itself through the census?" (Because embarrassing equals funny, and I knew I wanted this to be a series that would get readers laughing.) Then I thought, "Man shortage." Here's this perfectly quaint little town, filled with happy people, and suddenly, it comes out that there's a man shortage. It's a statistical anomaly that has the whole nation talking. The women in town were *not* happy that the nation thought of them as a bunch of man-hungry women, so they did what strong women have done since the beginning of time: they saw a problem, and they set about to fix it.
Susan Mallery