Snigdha Chopra
Snigdha Chopra asked Katie McGarry:

Hey, I've read your pushing the limits series and God, I'm a fan of your work. I love how you add depth to the characters and how the plot is developed throughout. I'm almost seventeen and well, I've been writing. I'm working on a romance novel and I don't think I'm doing very well. I know how criticism or no response can bring a person down since it's been affecting me a lot. Do I stop writing?

Katie McGarry Hi Snigdha,

Do not stop writing. If you enjoy writing, then keep doing it. Yes, there are days that are tough. There will be people who like your writing and there will be people who don't like your writing. Don't worry about that.

You know that feeling where you daydream about your characters? That moment before you drift to sleep and you think of that perfect first kiss that your characters will share? Maybe your excited about the ending. Hold onto those moments because it's that rush of happiness as we are writing those scenes that makes writing worth it.

A few answers ago, I answered about why someone should continue to write if they get criticism. I encourage you to find that answer because I think you will like it.

Thank you,

Katie