Grace Wilson
Grace Wilson asked Katie McGarry:

I was wondering if there's a particular time of day you prefer to write in and also what do you do when it comes to writers block?

Katie McGarry Hi Grace,

I write whenever I can find the opportunity. I am a mom to three very active children so I'm on the go a lot. I often wake between 5 and 6 am and don't often go to bed until after midnight in order to keep up on the business side of writing and to actually write. I know it may sound crazy busy, but I do love my life.

Writers block for me (and notice I said for me--writers block can mean something different for you) typically means I took a wrong turn in the story and I'm not ready to admit it. Taking a wrong turn means backtracking and I hate having to lose scenes that I wrote.

I typically sulk for a day, go for a jog, listen to music, talk to a friend about my story, and then sit down and begin to reread. Somewhere in that reread, I figure out where I went wrong and how to fix the story.

Thank you!

Katie