kayla tulop
kayla tulop asked Katie McGarry:

So some authors write books based on their lives right? So, I'm just wanting to know if you had any experiences with bad boys or something. I really do love your books though! They are too cute and it makes me want to experience it when I get older lol. The question really is have you just day dreamed all these experiences or have you really lived one?

Katie McGarry Hi Kayla,

The best way I can explain it is the following:

I think of an event in my life like a piece of paper. I can take that piece of paper and ball it up, tear it up, make it look completely different, but it's still a piece of paper, right? So I do take events in my life, like having a repressed memory, then I ball it up, tear it up, shred it until it isn't me anymore, but something else. What I really retain at the end is the emotion.

Did I date bad boys? A few, but I ended up marrying my Ryan. :-)

At the end of the day, my stories are fiction, but I do put a shred of myself and my emotions into the characters.

Thank you!

Katie