Nance
Nance asked Katie McGarry:

Are any of your books based on real-life situations and love stories that you have experienced? And If so, which ones? And, how do you separate real life from fiction?

Katie McGarry Hi Nance,

Yes, there are parts of my book that are loosely inspired by events in my life. The part in Pushing the Limits where Noah goes to the dance to talk to Echo--yep, that sort of happened to me in a different way, but I twisted what happened to me so that it wasn't mine anymore and caused it to be part of Echo and Noah's story.

I very loosely based Beth and Ryan's story on my dating relationship with my husband. :-)

I do a lot of research for for my books and I do use my past experiences and emotions to write my books, but to me, the stories completely belong to my characters and my characters are fiction.

Thank you,

Katie