Paloma *The Romance Queen*
Paloma *The Romance Queen* asked Kresley Cole:

Hey Kresley! I was just wondering..where do you get your ideas for each book? because each book is so different from the previous one. Also each of your Heros is so deliciously Alpha and possessive, are they inspired by real men? Also: which is your favorite book you've written,favorite hero/heroine. and what is the scene in any of your books that you loved writing?

Kresley Cole Hi Paloma!
My ideas come from all over the place--Dark Needs at Night's Edge was inspired by a music video!

I’ve come up with ideas while waiting in an airport or in traffic, or when exercising. I’ve even dreamed quite a few, waking in the middle of the night to scribble them down. I also like to just zone out, letting my thoughts flow as they may.

As for alpha heroes, I tend to combine various aspects, traits, and personalities of several guys into one. I love showing their alpha side, but also how they can become a more complete hero with the help and love of their heroine.

Favorite book? Hmm. Right now, I’d have to say DARK SKYE (August 5 release). I’m really happy with how it turned out, and my editor tells me it’s her favorite of all my books. Hopefully, you guys will agree :)

There are several very emotional scenes in DARK SKYE that I loved writing, including those depicting Lanthe & Thronos as children. One scene in particular brought tears to my eyes when I wrote it, and still does whenever I re-read it. Also, without giving away too much, there is an entire chapter devoted to Nix, which was just a blast to write!

Thank you for your questions!
Kresley Cole