Gabriela Ogma
Gabriela Ogma asked Lori Foster:

I have been enjoying your work since you wrote for Harlequin. So I remember you had a story with light BDSM (Tangled Dreams). This was long before the "Fifty Shades" craze. What inspired that story? How did you research the lifestyle? And finally, do you have any plans to write any more BDSM stories?

Lori Foster Hi Gabriela,
Wow, that was a while ago. :-) And you know, I've never thought of it as a "real" BDSM story because it was so mild and so loving, without any real dominance except a little bit in bed.
Many readers told me that Dash Of Peril also included some BDSM, but again, I wasn't thinking along those lines when I wrote it.
For me, some heroes are just more dominating than others and enjoy a little more power in bed - but only when both he and the heroine enjoy it. So it's not a lifestyle for them as much as a way to enhance lovemaking.
I certainly wouldn't rule out writing it again if that's what the characters wanted, but overall I leave that up to the characters. :-) THEY tell me what they want, what they're going to do, how they're going to do it, and I just get it on paper.
Thanks for the terrific question, AND for being such a long-time reader!