Karen Koonze
Karen Koonze asked Chelsea Cain:

When will you be coming to the San Francisco Bay Area? Fremont would be a GREAT city to visit!!! <3 your books and would <3 to attend one of your events!!!

Chelsea Cain I think the closest I'll be getting to the Bay Area on this tour is San Diego, which is a tiny bit south of you. It's been like seven years since I've done a public event in SF. I did two readings at two very established, very popular, large independent bookstores. And no one came. To either event. That's not hyperbole. No. One. Came. Zero. I overheard one of the store clerks begging some guy to stay for it. But he said he had to get home, and I couldn't blame him. One of the stores gave me a very nice box of stationary with my name printed on it. I keep it in my office, untouched, to remind me to be grateful for every single person who ever shows up for an event, and to inspire me to be my funniest, cleverest, best self at all my events, causing those who miss them to wallow in self-pity and regret.
Chelsea Cain