Rajesh Mehar
Rajesh Mehar asked Suman Kumar:

Do the words come in any particular language? Or do you have to slow down to translate what's happening inside your head into words of a particular language/syntax/semantics?

Suman Kumar Tough one. Tamil is my mother-tongue. I studied Telugu, as I grew up in Chittoor. And, I think in English these days. And, Ranga Half-Pants has a generous peppering of vernacular (both Tamil and Telugu). Long story short, when I think, it is a bisibelebath of languages in my head I guess. Also before the physical act of writing, the ideas are set in your head. You know exactly where to start, where to end, where to walk, run, or canter. So while putting it on paper (or your laptop) it just flows. That is just for the first draft. Because I am not as talented as my other colleagues, I rewrite a lot. That is the time I fix the pace, syntax, and rhythm of the story.