Callie Hornbuckle
Callie Hornbuckle asked Lois McMaster Bujold:

As a new fan of yours, I thank you for your wonderful novels! As a new mother, I greatly appreciated your treatment of childbirth in Barrayar - it was refreshingly realistic for the genre, even down to the infant breastfeeding shortly after delivery. This detail lead to some curiosity about uterine replicators, however. Do those who make use of the replicators ever breastfeed? Lactation-inducing drugs, perhaps?

Lois McMaster Bujold
I expect lactation in the Vorkosiverse is a matter of choice; the hormones etc. could certainly be made to sit up and behave if personal lactation was wanted (by any gender, actually), with the tech shown. As yet another alternative, vat-created human breast milk would also be feasible. Different places and times would pursue different fads. In all, more choices, more conscious decisions for the poor beleaguered parent.

(I have had occasion to reflect that the female mammalian body is actually a device for filtering nutrition from the environment through to the next generation, both pre- and postpartum. Evolution, so strange...)

Ta, L.