Cree Williams
Cree Williams asked Brent Weeks:

Brent! I inherited your books from a friend; I read The Night Angel Trilogy within two weeks and immediately went on a search looking for more books written by you! I was so excited to hear I was months off the release of The Black Prism. I passed on the books to another, I like to believe that they were still out there. Question: Will we ever see a movie or TV adaptation and how the hell do I become a part of it?!

Brent Weeks I sold the rights once, early, and they have since reverted to me. Hollywood came knocking again later, and I had a chance to work with some amazing producers. However, we couldn't get quite the right team of talent on board, and so I've taken my ball and gone home for the time being.
I'll probably see what interest there is again after I write another Night Angel book or two... but I only want to do work I'm proud of, and that's really hard with Hollywood. Once you sign your name, you're trusting... Hollywood.
I'd love to have a movie or--probably better for this work--a tv show.
But let me be clear, I don't think a writer has to have movie deals to be a 'real writer'. I don't think books are an inferior art form. Books can do things that no movie can. (Granted, movies can do some things far better than books; they're differing media.) If I go my whole life and never have a movie or a tv show, but I get to have a whole career of writing books... I'll feel awesome for having a whole career writing books.
Brent Weeks