Cynic
Cynic asked Brent Weeks:

Huge fan of your books, reading through The Blinding Knife at the moment for the first time to be ready for The Broken Eye but my question is relating to different worlds. Is it hard to move away from the Night Angel world to a new one? The people, the places have such background and depth in both your series that I think most authors would have milked each one for more than a trilogy (and a great short story).

Brent Weeks I think if I had known how hard it would be to make up another entire world, I might have been like those other writers and milked Midcyru for a while longer. I had this happy ignorance, where I thought, "Gee, I wrote those Night Angel books in like a year or two each. Now I'm a pro! I'll only get faster, right?" I sort of forgot the part where I had spent 7 or 8 years mentally playing around in Midcyru and figuring out how stuff worked there.
That said, I am glad that I took on such a challenge. I've really loved writing in the Seven Satrapies. And as I have answered elsewhere here, it's always been my plan to return to Midcyru and tell more stories there -- so there may be some 'milking' in my future! ;)
Brent Weeks