Virginie (chouettblog)

I keep hearing about this book (on Amazon :)). I am curious as to what the fuss is about. Some say it is better than Twilight...Is it really?

To answer questions about A Shade of Vampire, please sign up.
Katy I was like you and saw all of the hype on Facebook and Amazon about this book. I picked up and read it quickly because it is so short. I was severely let down after all of the praise it received. I found it rather predictable and boring. I did start the second one in the series thinking that there must be a reason that there are at least nine books in the Shade series, but I could not get myself to finish it. If you are bored and looking for a quick, cheap read, then I saw go for it. If not, then don't bother. That is just my opinion, but clearly there are people out there who enjoyed it.
Susan Shipman No! It keeps your interest and is reasonable well-written, sort of, and has at least 9 books in the series that are "what the heck, it's only 400 pages and $2.99 and I'm bored" so you kind of keep going but the 2nd to the last edition made me not buy the conclusion (if it's out yet, I have no idea) It has a cult following called "Shadicts". I don't attend Shadicts Anonymous meetings and wish I hadn't spend the $2.99 eight times.
E Honestly, I felt there was more story development in Twilight. This was a very quick read, and utterly predictable. I would have liked to read more world building than the quick switching between the main characters and their extremely teenage crush/love romance.
Sammy Anything is better than Twilight, and Sofia is a much stronger character in my opinion.
Helen oh my gosh i absolutely adored this book its so amazing and i would say i preferred it much more than twilight but this book is only short but it is part of a series but it is really an amazing
Ashley Bell No. Definitely not better than Twilight. The first book is only $0.99 though. It wouldn't hurt to give it a try. It's ok.
Misstonya Smith Yes, im 42 books in and still waiting for the next one!
Lauren Acosta I love them read the first five books in three days
Siobhan Bruno Yes without a doubt!
Image for A Shade of Vampire
by Bella Forrest (Goodreads Author)