Christina
Christina asked N.K. Jemisin:

I don't have a question I just wanted to say you're awesome and I really loved the Inheritance Trilogy. Parts of the mythos reminded me of Gaiman's Sandman in a very good way. Or actually, now that I start writing I do have a question - what are 3 authors/series you'd recommend because you like them?! I found your series via a Reddit thread and am constantly looking for new series to read

N.K. Jemisin I kinda hate giving recommendations, because people always want some infinitesimal number and I want to give multitudes. :) Reduce my favorite reads to a mere 3? Impossible! But I'll just list the last three things I liked, and maybe that will help.

-Jeff VanderMeer's Southern Reach trilogy. Only the first 2 books are out so far, but they're delightfully creepy.

-Kate Griffin's Matthew Swift series. Modern-day fantasy set in London, about an "urban sorcerer" and his existentialist adventures. Hilarious, marvelously-written, wonderfully imaginative.

-Kate Elliott's Spiritwalker series. Complete gonzo fantasy -- swashbuckling heroines punching sharks and chasing love through two worlds (one of which is an AU Earth in which Africans colonized Europe) with dragons, the Wild Hunt, and dinosaurs.